Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

The great falling away?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post The great falling away? Bro Bob
To some the falling away in 2 Thess 2 happens at the same time the anti-christ is revealed. Maybe. But if not, it precedes it, and we don't know by what interval of time.

The following is a copy of a Facebook post I made on a Methodist friend of mine's page.

Quote:
It has always been easier to see the fulfillment of prophesy when looking back on it than when you are living in it. From the cross Jesus quotes Psalms 22, yet no one living at the time got it. They had not seen it as a messianic prophesy beforehand. 2 Thess 2 speaks of a "great falling away" that must take place prior to His return. I am very suspicious that this is what we are seeing IN THE CHURCH today. I would simply say, you have to be ON the horse first in order to fall off! This warning is not speaking of the world's attitude towards God and all that he has said, it is a rejection of Him by many who have actually been saved and are followers. Do not be confused, these believers must be deceived BEFORE this can happen. The first group of sinners named in Rev 21:8, (people who will not get into the Holy City) are the "cowardly". This is NOT a time for believers to be timid in the least. Deception is as rampant as it has ever been. I have ancestors who were Baptist, and Methodist and probably other things (bootleggers!). I, myself, am a member of the Church of God (Pentecostal). But this is not a time for denominational variances on other points to divide us on this big point. This same attack against our Methodist brethren is at work against us as well. It is time to be bold. Make your choice. Then stand there.

If I were half the man that Paul or Peter or Stephen or Phillip were, I would go sit next to my friend in his church next Sunday and await any opportunity to speak boldly.

My heart goes out to them.

BB
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
1/27/20 11:59 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic