Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

This clip is all over the net because of Paula's new prominence... curious what kind of a witness you think this is (V)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Link
Whether you like Paula White Cain (is that it now?) or not, do we all kind of understand what she is saying?

Is there anyone here who doesn't take what she says to mean, roughly, 'plans of Satan'- when she speaks of Satanic pregnancy.

I know Jesus used metaphors at times. But unless otherwise guided, I much prefer it if preachers speak plainly. We have our jargon, too. if an unbeliever comes to church and hears Pentecostals talk about something being 'under the blood' or even 'saved', they may have no idea what we are talking about.

Looking at the Twitter feed, I'm surprised at how few people cannot recognize this as obviously a metaphor. Maybe they don't believe in a literal Devil and don't realize that she was, and aren't familiar with Charismatics talking about being 'pregnant' with a ministry or nations or whatever.

I do pray for Trump to get another spiritual adviser to get some other influence. I think someone who is not an attractive female, and not divorced, would be my top pick.
1/27/20 10:45 am

Post UncleJD
I agree with Link. Dave if it helps I don't care for her over-the-top manner in her prayer, but understanding what she's saying, I can't say I disagree with it entirely based on that understanding. I too would pray against the plans of the enemy that are without a doubt in process (gestation?) within the enemies of the Cross. I would never have even listened to this without it being posted here as I avoid PW like the plague, but for reasons that I consider to be more egregious than this. I have no problem, in general with metaphor, but it can be misinterpreted or miss its mark as in this case. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/27/20 11:02 am

Post Dave Dorsey
UncleJD wrote:
I agree with Link. Dave if it helps I don't care for her over-the-top manner in her prayer, but understanding what she's saying, I can't say I disagree with it entirely based on that understanding. I too would pray against the plans of the enemy that are without a doubt in process (gestation?) within the enemies of the Cross. I would never have even listened to this without it being posted here as I avoid PW like the plague, but for reasons that I consider to be more egregious than this. I have no problem, in general with metaphor, but it can be misinterpreted or miss its mark as in this case.

That's fair. We may consider different things to be more or the most egregious, but if you avoid PW like the plague (and I assume would counsel others to do the same) then we are on the same page!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/27/20 11:38 am

Post Quite honestly roughridercog
I've discounted everything Paula White has said for years. I just avoid Christian television. Quite frankly professional wrestling has more integrity in my opinion.
1/27/20 12:23 pm

Post Re: Quite honestly UncleJD
roughridercog wrote:
I've discounted everything Paula White has said for years. I just avoid Christian television. Quite frankly professional wrestling has more integrity in my opinion.

In the voice of Hulk Hogan "That's Right Brotha!!"

On a side note, if you remember STING from wrestling of the 90s/2000s, he lives in my town and his sister and brother-in-law are actually friends of ours, they (including STING) are all active members of the AG here.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/27/20 2:18 pm

Post while not a huge fanboy of pw brotherjames
certain of you need to get a life. She clarifies her statement in the attached and as suspected she is talking about eph.6:12 not wrestling against flesh and blood but against demonic principalities. Spiritual warfare is real and necessary contrary to certain viewpoints expressed on this forum. HOW you do it and How you Express it that might be the issue with Pastor White. I have seen the damage of excess in this arena but at the same token some personalities here may have used to be pentecostal and may have used to believe in the supernatural God , His Spirit and His Spiritual gifts but God can only move in their little boxes and narrowly defined paradigms. And I dare say if a real demon ever showed up in their lives they might have the same problem the 7 sons of sceva ran into.

here's Paulas explanation
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/480039-trumps-spiritual-adviser-responds-to-backlash-after-sermon?amp
Acts-celerater
1/27/20 5:04 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Thanks for the input, James. Good to have you back on Acts! [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/27/20 5:27 pm

Post diakoneo
Public prayer is serious business. Jesus said, when you pray go to a private place... I don't think he was saying public prayer is a bad thing, of course. The context of that scripture was the Pharisees were abusing prayer and drawing attention to themselves. in our context it should be clear to ALL what is being said. Not open to interpretation by non believers and "Christian" skeptics. As I recall the Apostle Paul openly rebuked demonic spirits as did Christ. There was no room for interpretation for those around.

Just as tongues without interpretation can lead to false assumption of "madness", if someone is going to pray in such a way they need to be succinct. It appears this prayer was prepared in advance by Mrs. Cain which to me(if true) shows a true lack of wisdom on her part because in the end much like the Pharisees with their public prayer, the attention is turned on her...though that may not have been her original intent.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/28/20 8:54 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Great points, diakoneo. I appreciate the note at the end of your post about her intent. None of us know or can know her intent. We can only deal with the reality of what transpired. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/28/20 9:16 am

Post Re: while not a huge fanboy of pw Dave Dorsey
brotherjames wrote:
And I dare say if a real demon ever showed up in their lives they might have the same problem the 7 sons of sceva ran into.

This got me thinking. I've been powerless to stop you from bearing false witness against me on this forum, and I've been powerless to stop your railing accusations against me about what I do or don't believe.

So maybe you're right. Embarassed
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/28/20 9:44 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
To me, in this video clip, Paula is operating out of fear, not faith. As if God is not sovereign over leaders of nations, and the Devil somehow needs to be rebuked in order for God’s will to be accomplished providentially. I should hasten to add I am no Calvinist, but the fact that God ordains human governments (even corrupt, ungodly ones) in history and directs them according to His ultimate purpose in history is undeniable from Scripture.

Spiritual warfare is real, of course, but in this clip it seems PWC is acting on the assumption that the Devil might somehow be able to override God’s strategy in human history. That is not the kind of spiritual warfare seen in the New Testament. There, our mission is to cast down imaginations and every high thing (in our own minds) that exalts itself against the knowledge of Christ, and to apply the victory of Christ over Satan and his defeated armies of unclean spirits by binding and casting them out of individuals.

We do see the example of Daniel praying through for three weeks without knowing of the demonic opposition he was up against, but in any case, Daniel never “came against” the Prince of Persia himself. That was the angel’s job, to wrestle against the principality through the power of almighty God.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/28/20 12:22 pm

Post TRUMP 2020 Belieber
Calm down Dave. MAGA. Hey, DOC
1/28/20 3:03 pm

Post Dare I share my knee jerk reaction? roughridercog
She was manipulating and pumping up the crowd via emotional Appel.

There...I said it.
1/28/20 5:41 pm

Post Re: Dare I share my knee jerk reaction? Dave Dorsey
roughridercog wrote:

There...I said it.

Sorry to hear about you having left Pentecost, roughrider. As you know, people can't take exception to wild charismaniac excess without also abandoning their faith in a miracle-working God who still moves today by his Spirit, both on and through His people. I don't like it either, but them's the rules. I'll see if I can help you find a good Christian deist church in your area.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/29/20 1:54 pm

Post Re: Dare I share my knee jerk reaction? roughridercog
Dave Dorsey wrote:
roughridercog wrote:

There...I said it.

Sorry to hear about you having left Pentecost, roughrider. As you know, people can't take exception to wild charismaniac excess without also abandoning their faith in a miracle-working God who still moves today by his Spirit, both on and through His people. I don't like it either, but them's the rules. I'll see if I can help you find a good Christian deist church in your area.

Pentecostal is not tantamount to working a crowd to an emotional frenzy. That is used as a cheap substitute for Pentecost. It's manipulation, not discipline.
Me? I'm still Pentcostal as the day is long.
1/29/20 6:26 pm

Post Re: Dare I share my knee jerk reaction? Dave Dorsey
roughridercog wrote:
Pentecostal is not tantamount to working a crowd to an emotional frenzy. That is used as a cheap substitute for Pentecost. It's manipulation, not discipline.

[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/29/20 6:57 pm

Post Re: Dare I share my knee jerk reaction? roughridercog
Dave Dorsey wrote:
roughridercog wrote:

I am preachin'
Ain't ya noticed? Laughing
1/29/20 7:37 pm

Post Well... buttrfli24
I mostly skimmed what you all had to say in reply so forgive me if I offer a repeat. I didn't know a thing about this prayer until a non-Christian friend called me and read a transcript to me. She was very concerned that this was what it meant to be a Christian--especially a Pentecostal one.

My friend was brought up in a congregational church and later a Lutheran one. She doesn't believe now and her upbringing wasn't like mine but she know about God and Jesus and the bible from her early training. But she has zero use for Christianity as it appears today.

This prayer was very confusing to her. She isn't stupid. She understands metaphors. But still, this was disturbing to her coming from someone claiming Christ. I've spent a long time trying to show my friend that all Christians are not like the money hungry false teachers on TV. That not all of us are like the caricature so often seen in media. This prayer only served to further those stereotypes and make her disdain for people of faith feel justified.

While I understand what she meant, I do not agree with what she said. It was deliberately provocative to draw attention to herself. You do not cry for miscarriages of Satanic pregnancies because you are trying to keep a low profile. I do not understand her call against the marine and animal kingdoms. This entire thing was just a mess.

I think we should all pray as we feel led but when we pray in public with the eyes of the world scrutinizing us as they are her for her proximity to power, it would be better to pray in a way that believers and non-believers alike can understand. Sorta like when Paul said he had rather say five words that were understood that ten thousand in tongues when a crowd was listening. Which would be more useful to the body?

But... whatever.
1/30/20 12:25 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Thank you for sharing that sobering story, buttrfli24. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/30/20 5:42 pm

Post Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Thank you for sharing that sobering story, buttrfli24.

I agree (I am beginning to worry myownself) with DD here. It is absolutely confusing to the non Pentecostal (or fundamentalist). A lot of things we pass off in OUR culture (OLD TIME Enthusiastic Christians) as just being too exuberant. BUT prayers in public should be understood by the listener so as not to cause further confusion, This could have been just as effective in the closet as it was directed to GOD not to us listeners!

So yes, an Amen to DD's comment. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/30/20 9:24 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic