Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Prayers Please

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Prayers Please Carolyn Smith
I would appreciate your prayers this week and following....

My 92-year-old mother-in-law passed away last Saturday. She has been living in our home for around 15 years. One of my sisters-in-law is sick so we've had to delay the funeral until this Saturday. Relatives will be coming in on Friday & staying at a motel. We met with the funeral director after work Monday and with the pastor after work Tuesday. We'll have the family viewing on Friday afternoon or early evening. It's been a stressful week.

Work is still not going well. I've been dealing with some of these issues for a year now. I am actively looking for another job in our organization. Some other stuff came up this week that has added to the stress. My workload has increased quite a bit and there's a lot of stuff I need to get done before the end of the year. I have one thing due on Tuesday that probably won't be finished then since I am taking the next two days as funeral days to prepare for the funeral and get things at home ready for company.

Our finances are also going to be impacted quite a bit from my mother-in-law's passing.

So prayers for all of this would be greatly appreciated. Please and thank you!
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/4/19 9:30 pm

Post Da Sheik
Prayers for you Carolyn!

You are such a blessing to this forum! You always remain amicable in the midst of disagreements. Times of transition are always difficult, even for people of faith.
Acts Enthusiast
12/4/19 10:42 pm

Post Preacher777
[quote="Da Sheik"]Prayers for you Carolyn!

You are such a blessing to this forum! You always remain amicable in the midst of disagreements. Times of transition are always difficult, even for people of faith.[/quote]

An amen to Da Sheik's post! I am praying for God's supernatural comfort to you and your family at this difficult time.
Friendly Face
12/5/19 8:23 am

Post Cojak
Da Sheik wrote:
Prayers for you Carolyn!

You are such a blessing to this forum! You always remain amicable in the midst of disagreements. Times of transition are always difficult, even for people of faith.

Amen also. I do like the way you worded that. Carolyn is a blessing here. Prayers also. Tough times. Idea
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/5/19 2:52 pm

Post Re: Prayers Please Resident Skeptic
Carolyn Smith wrote:

My 92-year-old mother-in-law passed away last Saturday. She has been living in our home for around 15 years. One of my sisters-in-law is sick so we've had to delay the funeral until this Saturday. Relatives will be coming in on Friday & staying at a motel. We met with the funeral director after work Monday and with the pastor after work Tuesday. We'll have the family viewing on Friday afternoon or early evening. It's been a stressful week.

Work is still not going well. I've been dealing with some of these issues for a year now. I am actively looking for another job in our organization. Some other stuff came up this week that has added to the stress. My workload has increased quite a bit and there's a lot of stuff I need to get done before the end of the year. I have one thing due on Tuesday that probably won't be finished then since I am taking the next two days as funeral days to prepare for the funeral and get things at home ready for company.

Our finances are also going to be impacted quite a bit from my mother-in-law's passing.

Do you think your estranged son will come to the funeral? I have been thinking about that situation lately.
12/6/19 12:10 pm

Post Re: Prayers Please Carolyn Smith
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:

Do you think your estranged son will come to the funeral? I have been thinking about that situation lately.

Unfortunately, no. After a bit of family drama, I was able to contact him through his cousin, who called to let him know of her passing. He said he appreciated the info, but he had obligations this weekend and wouldn't be able to come.

We are doing a private Facebook Live for family members. It's possible one of the folks connected may send him an invitation to watch. I'm not getting involved beyond that...The Lord has made it clear to me to leave this situation alone - that HE will bring him to me.

It's interesting, though. He was her favorite...she bribed him with cookies and candy to come down to her house (something not offered to my other 2 kids.)

So I am continuing to wait on the Lord to deal with him. And believing He is working in ways I cannot see.
12/7/19 12:35 am

Post Re: Prayers Please Resident Skeptic
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:

Unfortunately, no. After a bit of family drama, I was able to contact him through his cousin, who called to let him know of her passing. He said he appreciated the info, but he had obligations this weekend and wouldn't be able to come.

We are doing a private Facebook Live for family members. It's possible one of the folks connected may send him an invitation to watch. I'm not getting involved beyond that...The Lord has made it clear to me to leave this situation alone - that HE will bring him to me.

It's interesting, though. He was her favorite...she bribed him with cookies and candy to come down to her house (something not offered to my other 2 kids.)

So I am continuing to wait on the Lord to deal with him. And believing He is working in ways I cannot see.

I admire your faith and steadfastness regarding this situation.
12/7/19 7:55 am

Post Re: Prayers Please Carolyn Smith
Resident Skeptic wrote:

I admire your faith and steadfastness regarding this situation.

I have no choice in this matter than to wait on God and trust Him. This is my son that I carried in my womb for 9 months. He is a part of my heart. I refuse to give up!
12/7/19 5:28 pm

Post Bro Bob
Carolyn, like most people you don't see yourself the way the rest of us see you.

Matthew 5:9

BB
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
12/8/19 10:56 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Thank you all for your kind words to me this week. It's a blessing to receive encouragement when life is not being kind to you in other places.

I do know that I am a peacemaker, Bro. Bob. I have been thrust in that role since childhood. I guess it's why it's so hard for me to be put in situations in which I can find no resolution. I just want peace.

The funeral went very well. Only one of my husband's sisters was able to come, along with a niece. A few of them watched the Facebook live. Our pastor did an excellent job, and the family found comfort in the brief service. My mother-in-law loved Christmas and would have been delighted that there was a lit Christmas tree. I appreciate your prayers and kindnesses.

Back to work tomorrow, to pretty much 6 hours of silence every day. It has blessed me to be encouraged to use my headphones!

Thanks for your prayers.
12/9/19 12:00 am

Post georgiapath
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Thank you all for your kind words to me this week. It's a blessing to receive encouragement when life is not being kind to you in other places.

I do know that I am a peacemaker, Bro. Bob. I have been thrust in that role since childhood. I guess it's why it's so hard for me to be put in situations in which I can find no resolution. I just want peace.

The funeral went very well. Only one of my husband's sisters was able to come, along with a niece. A few of them watched the Facebook live. Our pastor did an excellent job, and the family found comfort in the brief service. My mother-in-law loved Christmas and would have been delighted that there was a lit Christmas tree. I appreciate your prayers and kindnesses.

Back to work tomorrow, to pretty much 6 hours of silence every day. It has blessed me to be encouraged to use my headphones!

Thanks for your prayers.

I wish I could come slap your co-worker for you, It might not help you but it would make me feel better. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Merry Christmas & Happy New year
Acts-dicted
12/21/19 8:22 am

Post Carolyn Smith
georgiapath wrote:

I wish I could come slap your co-worker for you, It might not help you but it would make me feel better. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Merry Christmas & Happy New year[/quote]

Hahahaha

The other gal that doesn't speak to me (Coworker A's bud) walked past me the other day and on a whim, I decided to say good morning. She totally ignored me. (I am not sure why this continues to surprise me.) Once she got past me, I stuck my tongue out at her and made a face. Like you said, it didn't help, but it made me feel better! Thanks!
12/21/19 12:09 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Just saw this for the first time.
Prayers for you & the family & I know God sees the struggles.
Your day of joy is about to break like the dawn of a new day!
Blessings, Dean

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
12/21/19 3:04 pm

Post georgiapath
Carolyn Smith wrote:
georgiapath wrote:

Merry Christmas & Happy New year

Hahahaha

The other gal that doesn't speak to me (Coworker A's bud) walked past me the other day and on a whim, I decided to say good morning. She totally ignored me. (I am not sure why this continues to surprise me.) Once she got past me, I stuck my tongue out at her and made a face. Like you said, it didn't help, but it made me feel better! Thanks![/quote]

Good girl, now you are getting the hang of it. haha
Acts-dicted
12/22/19 9:26 am

Post Dave Dorsey
I had a 24 year old co-worker who treated me like that. It blew my mind that an adult could do that, but I knew he was young and immature, very lacking in personal confidence, threatened by my success, etc. so that made it a little easier to understand.

I cannot fathom two older adults acting that way. I just absolutely cannot fathom it.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/22/19 9:57 am

Post Short story Dean Steenburgh
My oldest son needed work while waiting for the dream job.
Goes to work for Bay Alarm going door to door to business owners to solicit their alarm business.
The company put him in the worst territory they had & he was the lowest man on the totem pole.
The city of Sacramento jumped on the cannabis train & began offering growing permits but they were only allowed to grow in one area of town ...you guessed it, my son's territory.
He went from worst to first in just under 2 years & this has now become the new dream job lol.
Anyway the same guys who wouldn't speak to him when he was on the bottom still won't speak to him now that he's at the top ...go figure.
He told me last week that he is so busy with orders that he doesn't have time to worry about the inner office games.
I told him God showed him favor by allowing these events to come to pass & he is blessed by the fruit of hard work.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
12/22/19 12:44 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Dave Dorsey wrote:
I had a 24 year old co-worker who treated me like that. It blew my mind that an adult could do that, but I knew he was young and immature, very lacking in personal confidence, threatened by my success, etc. so that made it a little easier to understand.

I cannot fathom two older adults acting that way. I just absolutely cannot fathom it.

One of them is 27 or so, and things were fine between the other co-worker and me (or so I thought) until the younger gal was hired. The younger girl asked rude and inappropriate questions for a while, and I now believe she was verbalizing what the other coworker was thinking. Other coworker is in her 50s, I guess.

It is classic Mean Girl stuff that happens in Jr High. It blows my mind, too. I readily admit I have some rejection issues and I've worked on that. I'm trying not to handle it emotionally any more and just say, "It is what it is." One day last week was bad and I finally put on my headphones so I couldn't hear them anymore. Bosses don't feel they can change anything and refuse to get involved unless it is office stuff, not personal stuff. I feel it's a form of bullying, but it is not according to HR. It is probably more spiritual than anything.

The saddest thing is that the older coworker & I used to attend church together. We were never buds but we knew each other and we both sang in the choir.

I actually e-mailed my HR contact re: this last Friday, who I have spoken with before. I'm leaving early tomorrow & am going to stop by her office on my way out.
12/22/19 10:18 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Carolyn Smith wrote:
I actually e-mailed my HR contact re: this last Friday, who I have spoken with before. I'm leaving early tomorrow & am going to stop by her office on my way out.

Good for you. They're definitely creating a toxic work environment and that should not be permitted.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/22/19 10:30 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Praying for you, dear sister.

The unjust crosses we must bear like this are not greater than the gracious strength He gives to carry them. If you would win for God and the right, just keep on the firing line.

Praying you have a blessed Christmas. Sorry for all the disappointment and pain you’ve been going through. It will be worth it all some sweet day.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/24/19 1:04 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic