Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Huckabee: "Chick-fil-A bowed down to bullies. Now just another restaurant." (L)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Huckabee: "Chick-fil-A bowed down to bullies. Now just another restaurant." (L) doyle
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/11/19/huckabee-on-chick-fil-a-cave-they-bowed-down-to-bullies-were-convinced-they-needed-to-be-more-woke/
11/20/19 9:41 am

Post UncleJD
Several pastors were sharing an article yesterday that they believed debunked this, but I noticed it was from "relevantmagazine" (apply your own opinion here, I have mine). The article tried to make a case that just because CF decided to pull its support as the largest donor for several faith-based charities that were the main reason for the LGBTQ "community"'s recent protests that lead do closures of the restaurant in liberal London and other cities, that it was just as good to move their donations to local homeless and other non-religious benevolence charities since obviously the works are more important than the Christian message and motivation behind them. In my opinion that article made the case for what Huckabee says instead. It can't be a coincidence that this major change in policy comes directly on the heels of the LGBTQ recent protests and actions. I for one am disappointed and don't expect that this move will help CF at all, and does a lot of harm to some very good faith-based organizations. I'll still eat there as I believe every business has the right to do what they want, but I will no longer be as interested or loyal as I was before. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/20/19 9:56 am

Post Da Sheik
It's hard for this story to land any other way than that CF caved to the militant LGTBQ community. Having said that, my reasons for eating at Chic-Fila have nothing to do with their religious views or the fact that they're closed on Sunday. I eat there because they have a good product and good service.

Any time you see someone compromise their previously held convictions it stings a little. While I have no emotional attachment to CF, I realize there are many who support them because of their religious views. For those, I can understand their disappointment.
Acts Enthusiast
11/20/19 11:22 am

Post Brandon Bowers
The whole thing is ridiculous. Christians are just looking for something to be angry about, and CFA is some sacred cow that we can't go near.

It's fast food folks. This isn't the end of the world. Let's eat and get back to God's work.
11/20/19 11:26 am

Post UncleJD
Brandon Bowers wrote:
The whole thing is ridiculous. Christians are just looking for something to be angry about, and CFA is some sacred cow that we can't go near.

It's fast food folks. This isn't the end of the world. Let's eat and get back to God's work.

How much does it hurt the Salvation Army? Maybe you'd think it was a big deal if that was important to you. Of course its "not the end of the world", but it is something. Like I said, I'll eat there when the mood hits, I just don't care anymore, and if you think they didn't capitalize on their Biblical stand before this, then you are kidding yourself. Why is it important to some? It either touches a charity they believe in directly, or it was a "common cause" feeling that many shared with a lone voice in the large corporate world.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/20/19 11:51 am

Post Dean Steenburgh
UncleJD wrote:
Brandon Bowers wrote:

How much does it hurt the Salvation Army? Maybe you'd think it was a big deal if that was important to you. Of course its "not the end of the world", but it is something. Like I said, I'll eat there when the mood hits, I just don't care anymore, and if you think they didn't capitalize on their Biblical stand before this, then you are kidding yourself. Why is it important to some? It either touches a charity they believe in directly, or it was a "common cause" feeling that many shared with a lone voice in the large corporate world.

It's going to hurt & it's going to hurt a lot.
For over 10 years our church has provided food to the needy every Saturday morning.
The biggest donor to our food ministry is ...you guessed it, Salvation Army.
Ever since we began getting their donations to our food bank it took our food ministry to the top in terms of the quality of food.

I've been informed by our local SA warehouse that they don't know how much longer they'll be able to keep the doors open in light of this news.
Here's the deal, for the last few weeks the SA office has been called in to numerous meetings & they've been scaling back as much as possible but even through all of this it may not be enough.
They knew some bad news was coming but they didn't know who it was that was going to pull their support.

CFA caved & they caved to the worst of the worst in terms of protestors.
And don't even think for a second that the LGBTQ community will be happy or satisfied with CFA's new position, they'll demand more & more.
Once you let the devil in to your kitchen he's gonna ruin the chicken!!!

If SA shuts down their food warehouse here in our community then our food ministry will be down to hardly anything in terms of quantity & quality.
Closest CFA is 35 miles away so I don't have to worry about missing a meal lol.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
11/20/19 9:08 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
If CFA had been donating to organizations that support conversion therapy, or something like that, that would be one thing. But the Salvation Army and FCA? These are the organizations that are beyond the pale of support? That's really tough to process.

I generally agree with Brandon that we should eat chicken and be about the work of the gospel, but at the same time, it does seem reasonable to strongly express to CFA that they're moving support away from very good charities -- regardless of why they're doing it.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/20/19 9:43 pm

Post UncleJD
Dave Dorsey wrote:
If CFA had been donating to organizations that support conversion therapy, or something like that, that would be one thing. But the Salvation Army and FCA? These are the organizations that are beyond the pale of support? That's really tough to process.

I generally agree with Brandon that we should eat chicken and be about the work of the gospel, but at the same time, it does seem reasonable to strongly express to CFA that they're moving support away from very good charities -- regardless of why they're doing it.

thanks Dean for that real-world look at what is actually happening.

Not to jump on Brandon, he's a good dude, but his is the statement of many pastor and church friends that I've seen in the last couple of days. I mostly blame the "relevant" article and the fact that so many Christians today see an equivalency between charitable causes and Christian missions that doesn't exist in Kingdom purpose. It is not "just as good" to put that money into the hands of feeding and social groups that are neutral or even antagonistic to Christian ministry. Christian missional care has always been about the message brought after the loaves and fishes just as Christ showed us. And you are right Dave, all of this is right on the heels of the controversy of the singer backing out on the Dallas Cowboys' Thanksgiving half-time show because the Cowboys support Salvation Army. In her case she saw reason when the SA pointed out to her and the media that they feed and clothe all who are in need regardless of their sexual "identity", something that the LGBTQ militants refuse to acknowledge as it doesn't meet their standard which seems to be more and more "no God, no Christ, no Christians".
11/20/19 10:21 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Dean's also spot-on in saying that CFA's critics will never be satisfied. The sins have already been committed, and in the religion of the far left there is no possibility of atonement. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/21/19 6:00 am

Post Carolyn Smith
So maybe instead of all the hand-wringing and crying over CFA's decision, Christians should step up to the plate and give to the Salvation Army. I gave to the Salvation Army for years through my place of employment because they were there for me when our finances were at our worst. The way our program is set up changed a few years ago & I give to something within the hospital now, but if we all gave - even small amounts - it would help make up the slack.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/21/19 6:48 am

Post Brandon Bowers
Carolyn Smith wrote:
So maybe instead of all the hand-wringing and crying over CFA's decision, Christians should step up to the plate and give to the Salvation Army. I gave to the Salvation Army for years through my place of employment because they were there for me when our finances were at our worst. The way our program is set up changed a few years ago & I give to something within the hospital now, but if we all gave - even small amounts - it would help make up the slack.

This is good stuff...

Folks - I love chicken, and I believe those organizations are worth being invested into.

But from what I've seen, I think the media is making this out to be something it's not, and we're allowing our love of CFA and their Christian values to overrule our emotions here.

CFA isn't the end-all, be-all of restaurants or Christian organizations. While I appreciate what they do and have done, they do not belong on the pedestal we've placed them on. Too many times, we've seen good people and good organizations fall. All we do is set ourselves up for a let-down with all this hero worship.
11/21/19 8:43 am

Post UncleJD
Brandon Bowers wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:

This is good stuff...

Folks - I love chicken, and I believe those organizations are worth being invested into.

But from what I've seen, I think the media is making this out to be something it's not, and we're allowing our love of CFA and their Christian values to overrule our emotions here.

CFA isn't the end-all, be-all of restaurants or Christian organizations. While I appreciate what they do and have done, they do not belong on the pedestal we've placed them on. Too many times, we've seen good people and good organizations fall. All we do is set ourselves up for a let-down with all this hero worship.

All true BB, but the point is that one of the only large corps that conservative Christians can identify with is no longer in the fight and its a sad day. God doesn't "NEED" CFA any more than you or I do, but it is a sad event nonetheless, and I think, like Dave said, I feel sorry for the CFA company execs who think they have bought some sort of reprieve from the hate-filled and intolerant left but time will show they're wrong, and the fence is no place to sit in life or in business. Nonetheless, I hope Christians will give more generously to the needs of good para-church organizations for the sake of the Kingdom. Maybe a wake-up call will be given to the SA to go and re-dig the old wells rather than worry about the political winds.
11/21/19 9:35 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Brandon Bowers wrote:
But from what I've seen, I think the media is making this out to be something it's not

This is a great point and this leads to something I'd really like to know.

The basic facts of the story are that CFA has previously given to 300+ organizations, and has recently decided to give to just 3 instead, one each in three categories of giving that they feel are important to their values as an organization.

Separate any other context or motivation, this just represents a basic reduction of complexity in their giving portfolio and isn't that big of a deal.

That said -- every report I've read about this has talked about how CFA is no longer giving to FCA or the Salvation Army or other charities that aren't viewed as friendly to LGBT causes. Who said that? Is that media commentary? Or did CFA say it?

If the latter, then at least some commentary on it is reasonable IMO. If the former, then I'd agree that the media is spinning this up out of thin air.

I just haven't been able to figure out yet which is the case.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/21/19 10:56 am

Post Brandon Bowers
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Brandon Bowers wrote:
But from what I've seen, I think the media is making this out to be something it's not

This is a great point and this leads to something I'd really like to know.

The basic facts of the story are that CFA has previously given to 300+ organizations, and has recently decided to give to just 3 instead, one each in three categories of giving that they feel are important to their values as an organization.

Separate any other context or motivation, this just represents a basic reduction of complexity in their giving portfolio and isn't that big of a deal.

That said -- every report I've read about this has talked about how CFA is no longer giving to FCA or the Salvation Army or other charities that aren't viewed as friendly to LGBT causes. Who said that? Is that media commentary? Or did CFA say it?

If the latter, then at least some commentary on it is reasonable IMO. If the former, then I'd agree that the media is spinning this up out of thin air.

I just haven't been able to figure out yet which is the case.

I could be wrong, but I've not seen anything from CFA stating their reasoning had anything to do with LGBT stuff... That was all media. If I'm wrong, I'm open to anyone here quoting a source.
11/21/19 11:18 am

Post A three month Christian boycott... Aaron Scott
and they'll figure out that they were wrong.

It is NOT wrong to boycott a restaurant that fails to adhere to some of the principles that, beyond the good food, drew us to it.

I suppose if there has ever been a restaurant that we Christians felt like was "our" restaurant, it was Chik-fil-a. To see them cave is sad...and it SHOULD have repercussions.

Why? Because it sends the message that the Christian "vote" is far larger than the LGBTQ vote in this matter. That they are caving to the 1% instead of the thinking of the vast majority of their business.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/21/19 12:02 pm

Post UncleJD
Brandon Bowers wrote:

I could be wrong, but I've not seen anything from CFA stating their reasoning had anything to do with LGBT stuff... That was all media. If I'm wrong, I'm open to anyone here quoting a source.

They are not going to say that.

What they are saying (and this according to Franklin Graham who is defending them), is that they are switching their support to Covenant House. I'm not going to attack them as terrible, homelessness is a sad situation no matter who the kids are (lgbtq or not), but reading Covenant House's website I immediately saw this

Quote:
Today we join with the True Colors Fund to celebrate True Colors Day, to raise awareness about — and help prevent — homelessness among young people who are LGBTQ.
- "True Colors" is a VERY pro-LGBTQ agenda driven advocacy group. I could be wrong, I'm not losing sleep over it, but it appears CFA is really trying to ride the fence here, sort of a "I can neither confirm or deny ..." situation..

further research into Covenant House seems that they have had their own problems with LGBTQ militants in the past and have adopted things like the "True Colors Day" to take the heat off. They are also aligned with UNICEF. Again, nothing wrong with offering shelter to those poor kids, but without the truth to go along with it, you're not really changing lives in my opinion.
11/21/19 2:13 pm

Post Preacher777
[quote="Carolyn Smith"]So maybe instead of all the hand-wringing and crying over CFA's decision, Christians should step up to the plate and give to the Salvation Army. I gave to the Salvation Army for years through my place of employment because they were there for me when our finances were at our worst. The way our program is set up changed a few years ago & I give to something within the hospital now, but if we all gave - even small amounts - it would help make up the slack.[/quote]

Great point Carolyn. If people can start giving more of their time and money for God's work we would not be so dependent on corporate sponsors who depend on money spent by Christians who are often giving to them rather than God's work.

Last edited by Preacher777 on 11/24/19 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
11/22/19 7:20 am

Post (L) UncleJD
https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2019/11/chick-fil-put-obama-and-hillary-supporter-charge-daniel-greenfield/?fbclid=IwAR3RfyoOWRnvbqtP2x59Q5dVqAE0skcJq8W7nOBylA16VjxJIQbZ4LVq1Ng

Not sure on all of this, but sounds plausible if not down-right likely seeing as how every other corporation in America seems to be going hard-left.
11/22/19 1:06 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Carolyn Smith wrote:

Very good point!
A lot of these political figures are all making statements about how glad they are to have the smaller donations because they total in the $millions when all collected/counted.
Same thing could happen for SA & for all the good they do.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
11/22/19 7:42 pm

Post An "Attai-girl" To Carolyn's comment too! Cojak
Yep very good points Carolyn. THANKS for the challenge to me, at least. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/22/19 8:24 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic