Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Huckabee: "Chick-fil-A bowed down to bullies. Now just another restaurant." (L)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Link
I haven't been following protests about Chick-Fil-A. Let's suppose the company wants to change up their giving from time to time. The LGBT folks complain about who Chick-Fil-A gives to, and they haven't liked it for a long time.

Any time Chick-Fil-A changes and gives to charities that aren't in the LGBT crosshairs, the LGBT folks can claim it as a win. Then the media outlets, including evangelicals, catch wind of LGBT folks claiming a win against Chick-Fil-A. I don't know if they did this because they were caving or not, but if they weren't they could still be painted that way.

What I liked to see, though, was a company supporting organizations like this. There are big, publicly traded companies that give money to Planned Parenthood. <https://familycouncil.org/?page_id=14547> and there are companies that support and 'celebrate' homosexuality <https://www.newsweek.com/these-30-brands-are-celebrating-pride-giving-back-lgbt-community-1441707>.

One of the problems with this is that the managers of these companies are deciding to give their shareholders' money to evil causes. I am thinking of promoting a model where shareholders directly vote on what charities, or what kind of charities to vote for, something for an academic journal maybe. Maybe I could design it to discourage support for controversial organizations like planned Parenthood and many political action committees.

Chick-Fil-A is a private company. Big companies will support evil causes without a lot of controversy. If Christian-owned private companies won't support the controversial Christian organizations, they will have fewer resources to work with.
11/23/19 1:10 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic