Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Dr. Tim Hill responds to an Actscelerate discussion about if he will become President of Lee U. when Dr. Conn steps down

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Dr. Tim Hill responds to an Actscelerate discussion about if he will become President of Lee U. when Dr. Conn steps down doyle
Dr. Tim Hill, General Overseer of the Church of God, has responded to a discussion here on Actscelerate about whether or not he was interested in becoming President of Lee University.

Dr. Paul Conn is the current President of Lee University. After over 30 years of dedicated and meritorious service, he has announced his intention to step down next year from leadership of the University.

Upon receiving Dr. Hill's communigue concerning whether he would seek to be President of Lee, I requested if a portion of it could be released to our viewers. Most of our viewers are ministers and members of the Church of God. Dr. Hill responded that all of it could be released. Following is his statement concerning his future ministry and Lee University.

STATEMENT by General Overseer Tim Hill:

"Doyle, you have always given me fair treatment, even all the way back when you printed a newspaper type of publication. As a leader I expect scrutiny and have never purposely or intentionally tried to shun it. I hope my leadership decisions are always made with prayerful care and can withstand the magnifying glass of scrutiny when it comes, and it does come.

As is occasionally done regarding topics on Actscelerate, I became aware of a post involving the recent decision of Dr. Paul Conn to step down as President of Lee University next year. The post also carried the supposition that I may have “plotted” such for some personal involvement.

I was made aware of and did read your response to the post. I accepted the response you made as somewhat of an “in defense of” Tim Hill, reply. If indeed you meant it as such, I humbly thank you.

Whatever my future may hold, I assure you that leading Lee University will not be in it. The fact is, I am not qualified. I do not carry the educational degree that would permit such per the accreditation standards for such an awesome institution.

Without engaging in a lot of needless self-flagellation regarding other reasons why I would not, nor could not, be a possible leader of Lee University, it’s enough to say that I know my place and being the leader of a college or university isn’t it.

So, while in the past, a few General Overseers have traveled that road, this one will not and could not. The Chairman of the Lee University Board of Directors has passed along to me their full commitment to the Church of God and their intention to work closely with the Executive Committee in this process.”

Tim Hill

Last edited by doyle on 2/2/20 9:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Acts-celerate Owner
11/14/19 11:57 pm

Post Brandon Bowers
I have loved his transparency on stuff like this. It's what we've needed. Thanks!
11/16/19 9:32 am

Post Carolyn Smith
Thanks for your interaction, Bishop Hill!
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/18/19 6:24 am

Post Cojak
I want to say amen to the comments above and to say also this is a nice gesture toward Doyle and Acts.
Thanks to Bro. Hill. Love this. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/18/19 1:01 pm

Post Clint Wills
Brandon Bowers wrote:
I have loved his transparency on stuff like this. It's what we've needed. Thanks!

You're absolutely right. I think he has been the most transparent GO that I can remember. I think Mark Williams started that and Tim Hill has progressed it. I hope that trend continues into the future.
12/2/19 6:14 pm

Post caviator
*bump* Hey, DOC
3/21/24 6:34 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Okay, that was a little freaky.
3/22/24 5:22 am

Post sadlytrue77
I would support brother Hill as president. He would straighten things out.

New Orleans Bred, Mississippi Led, Hopefully Arizona will be home before I'm dead.
*OnceASaintsFanAlwaysASaintsFan*
Friendly Face
3/22/24 4:57 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic