Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I often defend Pat Robertson...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I often defend Pat Robertson... Resident Skeptic
....However, I think he has missed the mark on U.S. Mideast policy and the will of the Republican voter. I do not see how God cares if the USA decides to leave Syria and hands the Kurd problem to someone else. Show me one verse that backs up such a notion. Is this about Israel? They don't need us,either.
10/25/19 11:33 am

Post Da Sheik
I don't follow him or watch the 700 Club but it really turns me off when he decides to wax political. God has future promises for Israel and we are grafted into the root. So yes, we need to stand with Israel. Acts Enthusiast
10/25/19 12:42 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Da Sheik wrote:
I don't follow him or watch the 700 Club but it really turns me off when he decides to wax political. God has future promises for Israel and we are grafted into the root. So yes, we need to stand with Israel.

I stand with Israel. I just see no Biblical mandate for the USA to militarily defend Israel.
10/25/19 12:58 pm

Post Da Sheik
Resident Skeptic wrote:
I stand with Israel. I just see no Biblical mandate for the USA to militarily defend Israel.

They're the only nation in the Middle East that doesn't want to see us drown in the ocean and rot in hell.
Acts Enthusiast
10/25/19 1:13 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Da Sheik wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

They're the only nation in the Middle East that doesn't want to see us drown in the ocean and rot in hell.

But why does that obligate us to defend them militarily?
10/25/19 1:34 pm

Post sheepdogandy
Genesis 12:1 Now the LORD had said to Abram: "Get out of your country, From your family And from your father's house, To a land that I will show you.
2 I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."

We need to be on the blessing end of the proposition.

That's why. Wink

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/25/19 2:49 pm

Post UncleJD
back to Syrian and Pat Robertson though. He's a war hawk, always has been. He aligns with Killary Bilton and her lot, who all align with the Bushes and the rest of the globalists. I've said before that as much as they hate him, the libertarians of this country got as close as they ever will when Trump was elected. I'm happy to return to the Monroe doctrine myself. We can squeeze other countries with sanctions, but we don't need to be the un-paid police of the middle-east. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/25/19 3:47 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
sheepdogandy wrote:
Genesis 12:1 Now the LORD had said to Abram: "Get out of your country, From your family And from your father's house, To a land that I will show you.
2 I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."

That's why. Wink

I'm not sure Paul would agree with your take on Gen 1:12. Being a non-aligned, non-interventionist nation does not constitute "cursing" or withholding
blessing from Israel.

In Galatians, Paul said God's promise to Abraham was FULFILLED in Christ. Geopolitically, Israel makes a fine ally. Spiritually, God has not repented for what he did to them in 70 AD. They remain in unbelief. Jews are overrepresented in leftist, anti-Christian causes around the world. I see nothing Biblically where we are to regard them any less or any more than any other race of people. National Israel may or may not be a part of prophetic fulfillment. We shall see.

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 10/25/19 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
10/25/19 4:11 pm

Post UncleJD
Resident Skeptic wrote:
sheepdogandy wrote:

That's why. Wink

I'm not sure Paul would agree with your take on Gen 1:12. Being a non-aligned, non-interventionist nation does not constitute "cursing" or withholding
blessing from Israel. In Galatians, Paul said God's promise to Abraham was FULFILLED in Christ. Geopolitically, Israel makes a fine ally. Spiritually, God has not repented for what he did to them in 70 AD. They remain in unbelief. Jews are overrepresented in leftist, anti-Christian causes around the world. I see nothing Biblically where we are to regard them any less or any more than any other race of people. National Israel may or may not be a part of prophetic fulfillment. We shall see.

I think our relationship with Israel is first and foremost a pragmatic one. They are a bulwark against invasion or global war in the middle-east. But beyond that I do think we have a Biblical mandate to support them. But that support can be limitted to trade in weapons and defense systems. I don't think we have to send troops there unless it is a last resort.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/25/19 4:22 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
UncleJD wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
sheepdogandy wrote:

That's why. Wink

blessing from Israel. In Galatians, Paul said God's promise to Abraham was FULFILLED in Christ. Geopolitically, Israel makes a fine ally. Spiritually, God has not repented for what he did to them in 70 AD. They remain in unbelief. Jews are overrepresented in leftist, anti-Christian causes around the world. I see nothing Biblically where we are to regard them any less or any more than any other race of people. National Israel may or may not be a part of prophetic fulfillment. We shall see.

I think our relationship with Israel is first and foremost a pragmatic one. They are a bulwark against invasion or global war in the middle-east. But beyond that I do think we have a Biblical mandate to support them. But that support can be limitted to trade in weapons and defense systems. I don't think we have to send troops there unless it is a last resort.

Good post.
10/25/19 5:43 pm

Post I am with sheepdog on this one. brotherjames
The rest of you are being blinded by your anti semitism that is being pushed upon you by the media backed by satan himself. Acts-celerater
10/25/19 8:53 pm

Post Re: I am with sheepdog on this one. Resident Skeptic
brotherjames wrote:
The rest of you are being blinded by your anti semitism that is being pushed upon you by the media backed by satan himself.

You are insane. Our Founders believed in non-intervention. More and more Christians are seeing through Darby's error. Embracing non-alignment does not make one anti-Semitic.
10/25/19 9:04 pm

Post Cojak
UncleJD wrote:
[...

I think I am with you here. You said it well.

I will say, "If God ain't with that little country in some way, I would be very shocked! we are not the reason they have not been destroyed yet."
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/26/19 9:24 am

Post Cojak
Da Sheik wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

I think you spoke the truth there! US Flag Thumb Up Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/26/19 9:27 am

Post Re: I am with sheepdog on this one. Dave Dorsey
brotherjames wrote:
The rest of you are being blinded by your anti semitism that is being pushed upon you by the media backed by satan himself.

Yikes. I'm with the defend Israel folks personally, but this is a little much.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/26/19 2:17 pm

Dave Dorsey wrote:
brotherjames wrote:

Yikes. I'm with the defend Israel folks personally, but this is a little much.

Indeed it is. I made it clear that I personally defend Israel. But brotherjames' remark reminds me of a similar one I heard lately that declared if you reject dispensationalist eschatology, you are anti-Semitic.
10/26/19 4:04 pm

Post Re: I am with sheepdog on this one. Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Indeed it is. I made it clear that I personally defend Israel. But brotherjames' remark reminds me of a similar one I heard lately that declared if you reject dispensationalist eschatology, you are anti-Semitic.

I read someone saying recently that if you affirm amillennialism, you are basically denying the existence of a literal Christ. (???)

People get weird about their eschatology. Shocked
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/26/19 5:31 pm

Post Why Robertson may be right.... Aaron Scott
His point, I think, is not to act as if the Kurds are perfect and so forth, but rather is that they cannot defend themselves against another very imperfect nation (Turkey), and that he believes Trump has left the Kurds to their fate.

Most of us might think that that two Muslim groups fighting each other is better than them fighting us (and it is, of course), but Robertson surely understands that we do not want to see an injustice done to anyone, Muslim, Jew, pagan, or Christian. He clearly thinks that our "abandonment" of northern Syria (which, I understand, is not quite so "abandoned" as we indicated) will cause an injustice to be done to the Kurds.
10/26/19 5:42 pm

Post I dare say that it is a negotiating tactic.... Aaron Scott
Yes, Trump doesn't want our troop or treasure spent at the expense of other nations. But it is entirely likely that he was trying to negotiate something with the Kurds, they failed to give him the concession he wanted, and so he pulled out, calling their bluff.

It might be that he is back in Syria due to political pressure (which sounds perfectly reasonable...until you remember that Trump pretty much doesn't care what anyone thinks)...or because the Kurds gave him the concessions he wanted.
10/26/19 5:44 pm

Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

I read someone saying recently that if you affirm amillennialism, you are basically denying the existence of a literal Christ. (???)

People get weird about their eschatology. Shocked

Indeed they do. I've given up on eschatology for the most part. I could have my personal death rapture at any time and I'm ready by Christ's grace. If Christ returns today I am ready. Beyond that I know nothing.
10/26/19 6:46 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic