Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate
Browse by what's: hot | new | rising | top of the week

Hey churches, you who oppose halloween when is....

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Hey churches, you who oppose halloween when is.... caseyleejones
your churches Trunk or Treat? Are you having it on 10/31? Acts-perienced Poster
10/13/19 11:14 am

Post I saw this on cbn brotherjames
From Pastor John Ramirez who was a satanist and what he thinks about churches doing alternatives to Halloween (hint he's against it and gives good reasons for it).

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2017/october/former-satanist-warns-christians-about-celebrating-halloween

However, we having been doing an alternative for years . We used to do Trip to Hell for about 10 years outside on 15 acres and had literally thousands come thru it and thousands saved and rededicated. That got a bit old and we switched to a family friendly outreach called Pumpkin Festival where we do games and dramas in costume of super heroes but showing who the real super hero is -Jesus. We give out candy at each game, hot dogs and a free pumpkin to each child. We get hundreds of kids and their families over 3 nights. And we have seen many come to our church because of the outreach which was not the case with Trip to Hell although that was be6it became mostly church youth groups coming from all over nc so they naturally wouldn't come to our church. I understand Ramirez' feelings but this works for us.
Acts-celerater
10/13/19 3:34 pm

Post FLRon
I’ve never attended or supported any such activities in any church I have pastored or attended. If my kids wanted candy I bought them candy. I never understood this need to become like the world, but that’s just me.

“Neither give place to the devil”.
10/13/19 3:36 pm

Post Re: I saw this on cbn buttrfli24
brotherjames wrote:
From Pastor John Ramirez who was a satanist and what he thinks about churches doing alternatives to Halloween (hint he's against it and gives good reasons for it).

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2017/october/former-satanist-warns-christians-about-celebrating-halloween

However, we having been doing an alternative for years . We used to do Trip to Hell for about 10 years outside on 15 acres and had literally thousands come thru it and thousands saved and rededicated. That got a bit old and we switched to a family friendly outreach called Pumpkin Festival where we do games and dramas in costume of super heroes but showing who the real super hero is -Jesus. We give out candy at each game, hot dogs and a free pumpkin to each child. We get hundreds of kids and their families over 3 nights. And we have seen many come to our church because of the outreach which was not the case with Trip to Hell although that was be6it became mostly church youth groups coming from all over nc so they naturally wouldn't come to our church. I understand Ramirez' feelings but this works for us.

I am not speaking against this man. Not at all. I saw a video interview wherein he claimed to have used astral projection. I have a hard time taking anyone serious who claims this. Just saying.
10/14/19 10:09 am

Post sheepdogandy
We do not observe Halloween.

We do provide an alternative to it.

Our kids have more fun and take home more candy.

Been doing it for years with great success.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/14/19 10:22 am

Post Dave Dorsey
If your conscience is troubled, I recommend purchasing a large bag of Reese's Pieces and attaching nearly a hundred to the entry way of your church.

That way, you can make it a combination Halloween/Reformation Day celebration by nailing 95 Reese's to the door.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/17/19 11:29 am

Post Da Sheik
Dave Dorsey wrote:

That way, you can make it a combination Halloween/Reformation Day celebration by nailing 95 Reese's to the door.

Razz
Acts Enthusiast
10/17/19 11:49 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic