Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Let the Kurds ally with Syria
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Let the Kurds ally with Syria Resident Skeptic
It's not like the Kurds hold to American ideals in the first place. Let like join with like. Both hate ISIS.

It is time western nations stop defending dictators or authoritarian ideologies. This is what started WW 2. Poland was not a western European nation. It was an authoritarian quasi-fascist, anti-Semitic eastern-bloc junta that wanted even more German land and foolishly missed a chance to take out the nation that had invaded them in the 1920's, the USSR. France and Britain's illogical resentment of Germany going back centuries caused them to foolishly give fascist Poland an unlimited, unconditional defense guarantee. In the end, they could not defend Poland and betrayed them to Stalin. The Soviets never gave back the land they stole from Poland. It was not worth western blood and neither are the Kurds.
10/14/19 10:27 am

Post Someone has been reading Pat Buchanan... Aaron Scott
Gotcha. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/15/19 3:01 pm

Post Re: Someone has been reading Pat Buchanan... Resident Skeptic
Aaron Scott wrote:
Gotcha.

I turned 54 today. I came to these conclusions in my 30's. However, it is good to see Buchanan coming around to my way of thinking.

While we are at it, let's talk about Japan. We see now that we made the mistake of neutering their nationalist spirit instead of just reigning it in. They were an ally in WW 1. We broke the spirit of the only bulwark against Moa's reds. The atrocities of the Chicoms dwarfed those of the Japs.

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 10/15/19 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
10/15/19 3:43 pm

Post Re: Someone has been reading Pat Buchanan... UncleJD
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
Gotcha.

I turned 24 today. I came to these conclusions in my 30's. .

Why is Bob Dylan coming to my mind?
Quote:
"I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now"
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/15/19 4:21 pm

UncleJD wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
Gotcha.

I turned 24 today. I came to these conclusions in my 30's. .

Why is Bob Dylan coming to my mind?
Quote:
"I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now"

I've been having reverse birthdays since my 39th.
10/15/19 4:30 pm

Post Re: Someone has been reading Pat Buchanan... FLRon
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
Gotcha.

I turned 54 today. I came to these conclusions in my 30's. However, it is good to see Buchanan coming around to my way of thinking.

While we are at it, let's talk about Japan. We see now that we made the mistake of neutering their nationalist spirit instead of just reigning it in. They were an ally in WW 1. We broke the spirit of the only bulwark against Moa's reds. The atrocities of the Chicoms dwarfed those of the Japs.

Wait...did you just call the Japanese “Japs”? Surely you do not think it appropriate for anyone, especially a Christian to use such an offensive, ethnic slur today, do you?
10/15/19 7:02 pm

FLRon wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
Gotcha.

Wait...did you just call the Japanese “Japs”? Surely you do not think it appropriate for anyone, especially a Christian to use such an offensive, ethnic slur today, do you?

Nips?

Sorry Ron. I don't consider it as such. We will just have to disagree. Shall we apologize or censure every WW 2 newsreel that uses the term? It is simply short for "Japanese". Why do so many white Americans now leap at the opportunity to correct others over supposed "racial insensitivity"? I think it is a mental disorder, personally. Some sort of collective guilt brainwashing that I am proudly immuned to.
10/15/19 8:29 pm

Post Re: Someone has been reading Pat Buchanan... Patrick Harris
Resident Skeptic wrote:
FLRon wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
Gotcha.

Nips?

Sorry Ron. I don't consider it as such. We will just have to disagree. Shall we apologize or censure every WW 2 newsreel that uses the term? It is simply short for "Japanese". Why do so many white Americans now leap at the opportunity to correct others over supposed "racial insensitivity"? I think it is a mental disorder, personally. Some sort of collective guilt brainwashing that I am proudly immuned to.

It’s still an ethnic slur. No matter what you consider.
Please stop with the white guilt rationalization it just makes look worse.
Acts Enthusiast
10/15/19 8:32 pm

Patrick Harris wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
FLRon wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
Gotcha.

Nips?

It’s still an ethnic slur. No matter what you consider.
Please stop with the white guilt rationalization it just makes look worse.

White guilt is an epidemic mental disorder plaguing even the church.

When did using an abbreviated version of "Japanese" become a slur? This is the first I've heard of this. In retrospect, I am much more concerned about the two atomic bombs we dropped on a bunch of Japanese civilians.

The words "Injun" and "Cajun" must be racial slurs, by your standard.
10/15/19 8:55 pm

Post UncleJD
Before you know it someone will call us Yanks, then we'll have to go back and do WWII all over again. I just hope the Gerries don't get involved. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/15/19 9:13 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
UncleJD wrote:
Before you know it someone will call us Yanks, then we'll have to go back and do WWII all over again. I just hope the Gerries don't get involved.

Thanks for having a sense of humor!! Yeah, those Krauts can be a problem!! Laughing Laughing

Seriously, I don't follow PC trends and had no idea "Jap" was now offensive.
10/15/19 9:17 pm

Post Turks? spartanfan
I need to know - is Turks offensive too? I don't want to inadvertently be guilty of insensitivity. And how about the Brits? Where does it end?

Last edited by spartanfan on 10/16/19 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
10/16/19 5:21 am

Post Kurds? spartanfan
I notice you said Kurds. Please use full names so we know which people groups you are referring to. Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
10/16/19 5:24 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Nothing better than waking up to see a bunch of guys wanting to defend their right to refer to a peoplegroup by a name that is universally recognized as a slur.

Keep doing that great work to advance the gospel, guys. I'm sure you will enjoy giving an account for why your prideful desire to use the terms you wanted exceeded your devotion to Christ and his gospel.

Don't ever let anyone see you give an inch. Never change anything you do for the sake of anyone else. Don't ever allow yourself to suffer any kind of loss. A new gospel for a new age.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/16/19 5:47 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Why don't you guys start throwing some N-words down? After all, black people use the word all the time, why can't you? Sounds like a rule for cucks to me. Won't one of you be brave enough to defend and assert your right to throw an N-word down?

The future of white culture and white identity depends on your courage. Who will be brave enough to draw a line in the sand against this liberal effort to silence you?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/16/19 6:01 am

Post Dave Dorsey
BTW, just to be clear, this isn't something a cultural studies major came up with yesterday. "Jap" became a very derogatory term during and after WW2. Stores would post signs that said "No Japs Allowed" or "No Japs Wanted", etc. While the word itself is obviously just an abbreviation for "Japanese" (and entered into the lexicon as such no later than the 1800s), during the war, the word became infused with hatred and has been that way since. For Japanese Americans especially, the word holds a 50+ year history of hatred and disgust, even moreso than "Nip".

Not that I expect you guys to care. After all, you have a right to say what you want, damn it! But that's the historical background on the word and why it is offensive. For sure, you could be forgiven for not knowing that, even though it has been the case for over half a century. We are all learning new things every day. But the prideful reaction you guys have had to FLRon pointing it out? Nope -- that's not fitting for any true follower of Christ.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/16/19 6:29 am

Post UncleJD
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Why don't you guys start throwing some N-words down? After all, black people use the word all the time, why can't you? Sounds like a rule for cucks to me. Won't one of you be brave enough to defend and assert your right to throw an N-word down?

The future of white culture and white identity depends on your courage. Who will be brave enough to draw a line in the sand against this liberal effort to silence you?

Honestly one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever seen Dave. Very sad. I'll try not to use the word anymore (I never do but in context of WWII and history around that time) but honestly I doubt most of us knew it was so bad. The N word you so righteously through out there was a word our country used about a people we oppressed and even enslaved. "Japs" was a shortened name for Japanese that we used for enemies who attempted to conquer the entire world. Gook and Slant are the really racist words, "Japs" for most of us, denotes a period of time when we were at war (i.e. the context it was used in in this thread)
10/16/19 8:24 am

Post Dave Dorsey
That's fine that you didn't know, but why did you get so defensive when someone mentioned it? You didn't even say it, but you ran into this thread to mock the suggestion that it could be offensive, even though you admit you didn't know the background of the word. Why didn't you do a quick Google search so you could have said, "Oh, shoot, this has been offensive for decades. Learn something new every day," rather than rushing in here to defend it, when by your own admission you didn't know anything about it?

I am glad to hear the N-word is so outrageous to you. It should be. And you don't have a responsibility to maintain an active dictionary of all the world's slurs, but maybe the next time someone mentions one you didn't know about you could do some quick research instead of participating in a chuckle circle about it.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/16/19 8:36 am

Post UncleJD
Dave Dorsey wrote:
That's fine that you didn't know, but why did you get so defensive when someone mentioned it? You didn't even say it, but you ran into this thread to mock the suggestion that it could be offensive, even though you admit you didn't know the background of the word. Why didn't you do a quick Google search so you could have said, "Oh, shoot, this has been offensive for decades. Learn something new every day," rather than rushing in here to defend it, when by your own admission you didn't know anything about it?

I am glad to hear the N-word is so outrageous to you. It should be. And you don't have a responsibility to maintain an active dictionary of all the world's slurs, but maybe the next time someone mentions one you didn't know about you could do some quick research instead of participating in a chuckle circle about it.

Actually I do know something about it Dave and explained it in the historical context that it was used. I said I will try not to use it in every day life (which is easy because I don't), unless in the context of the WWII era, I don't owe the historical context of that word any revision. THEY were the aggressors, they enslaved and murdered indigenous islanders and Chinese by the hundreds of thousands and treated our soldiers cruelly, so defense of that generation as if they were victims is a little beyond the pale for me. I have close family that served in that war and to them they were always Japs (and frankly I was always surprised they didn't use the other words having first hand knowledge of what they saw). But again, that is pure history and not today's world, I don't hold the Japanese people responsible for what their grandparents did any more than I hold white Americans responsible for what theirs did, nor do I call all Germans "Nazis", but when I refer to that era, I will say "Nazis", or Krauts. Not to offend anyone today, but to keep the past from being whitewashed.
10/16/19 9:11 am

Post Dave Dorsey
UncleJD wrote:
THEY were the aggressors, they enslaved and murdered indigenous islanders and Chinese by the hundreds of thousands and treated our soldiers cruelly, so defense of that generation as if they were victims is a little beyond the pale for me.

Actually, Japanese Americans didn't do any of this. As an expert, I am sure you know that not a single Japanese American was convicted of any significant act of espionage or sabotage during the war.

If you ever do take time to research the word more thoroughly, you'll find that it's actually not *that* offensive throughout the world -- it's offensive primarily to the Japanese Americans who suffered racism and hatred during and after WW2 as a result of their ancestry and the color of their skin, because it is the word that was primarily (and hatefully) used to refer to them.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/16/19 9:26 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic