Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Do you support a White House state visit for Erdogan on 13 November?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Do you support a White House state visit for Erdogan on 13 November? Dave Dorsey
Today, US forces report that Turkish forces deliberately bracketed them with artillery fire: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2019/10/12/us-forces-say-turkey-was-deliberately-bracketing-american-forces-with-artillery-fire-syria/

There are numerous reports, and even some videos, today of Turkey committing war crimes. As one example, a woman was dragged from her car and executed. There have been plenty of additional reports and some videos of Turkish atrocities against the Kurds.

The man most responsible for this is Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan, and he is currently scheduled to be hosted at a White House state visit on 13 November, 2019.

Do you support this visit continuing, or should the White House cancel it?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/12/19 7:06 pm

Post Cojak
I am not sure what I agree with outside the Lord in the recent past (30 years).
When a conservative congress said it was all right for Attorneys to advertise, I agreed 100%. Turns out it was a stupid thing. The south, especially Florida is flooded with ads on Bill boards and TV: "COME SEE ME LET'S SUE SOMEONE!!" The ambulance chasers no longer needed to leave their desks. I NEVER envisioned that!
Then congress said, "You can earn all you want to and still stay on Social Security!!!!! I thought what a great idea for the seniors. I never thought of millions and millions of old folks staying on their jobs and drawing SS as a second income. One idea I had in mind with SS, a senior steps down and opens a job for a younger person. A pastor retires, preaching some for extra income weekends and opens a church for a younger dude. BOY HAVE i BEEN WRONG IN MY DEEP THINKING OPINIONS.

Old people have to pee lot. We went to one church and the pastor was in his 80's like me. He stopped in his sermon to go pee, and came back to continue his sermon. True, happened in Florida.

So my opinion of the best in this case, I have no idea. I am not a fan of Turkey, been there several times. Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/12/19 10:29 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
400k displaced in a few days.

Women being raped and then executed by advancing Turkish forces.

U.S. forces retreating under Turkish fire with an additional 1,000 on track to evacuate according to Esper.

All because the president took an unstaffed call with Erdogan and then immediately ordered a small group of warfighters out.

Trump cultists think he is ending endless wars, when troop numbers in the Middle East have done nothing but increase since he became president, and his current actions will guarantee that will continue indefinitely.

There is no one more uninformed, more callous, more stupid than the Trump cultist. If he says it, they believe it, and that settles it.

(This is not directed at you, Cojak, though I do wish you would take a stand in response to these irrefutable facts. We should all be able to agree, regardless of any other factors related to the US withdraw in Northern Syria and the advancing Turkish forces, that Erdogan should not be rewarded with a state visit in November.)
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/13/19 8:35 am

Post diakoneo
The Kurds and Turks have been at war since 1978. It is a civil war. The Kurds want there own country in Southeast Turkey. This war has cost billions in miltary costs and much more in human and other economical costs. It is a civil war involving issues that go back to the end of Ottoman empire that left Kurds without a nation. Nearly 100 years. Can you say: Endless War??? Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/13/19 9:17 am

Post UncleJD
I can't stand Erdogan, I don't want him or any Turk in our country because as a student of history I know what they did to the Armenians and have NEVER admitted to it or apologized to this day. Europe has a real problem with Turkey and they should resolve it. We also have a congress who instead of working on that issue as mandated by the Constitution with the war powers clause, they are spending their time waging political war instead. Shame on Congress. Trump knows who is responsible for declaring war in this Country and couldn't care less about the incorrect practice of Presidents over the last 50 years. If the rightful body in our government declares war, then it is the President's obligation to prosecute that war, then we might have a real issue if he did not. But I digress, to answer the question I don't want him here, I don't want them in NATO either and I think Europe is about to wake up to the mistake of letting them in. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
10/13/19 10:40 am

Post Resident Skeptic
I cannot stand Turkey but am indifferent to this visit.
10/13/19 11:49 am

Post Dave Dorsey
UncleJD wrote:
I don't want them in NATO either and I think Europe is about to wake up to the mistake of letting them in.

On that point we can 100% agree -- I sure hope so too.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/13/19 1:55 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic