Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

NBA = hypocrites

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post NBA = hypocrites Nature Boy Florida
The NBA has encouraged it's players to take a stand and point out injustice in America.

One NBA Manager tweeted his support for Hong Kong demonstrators seeking freedom - and now they are apologizing to China for offending them.

All that's left is for Hanoi Jane to go over there and put flowers in the Chinese tanks and tell us how they are not the bad guys - the Americans are.

NBA = hypocrites.
10/7/19 10:20 am

Post Dave Dorsey
It was really refreshing to see everyone coming together last night to drag the NBA. I haven't seen that much reaching across the aisle since 9/11. When Ben Domenech and Ben Rhodes are both dragging you for the same thing, you have seriously messed up.

As to the NBA... the NBA is another in a long line of courageous companies that are super woke so long as it doesn't cost them anything. As you mentioned, they made it clear they intended to be very supportive of their players' right to say anything they wanted about the president and others. They made it clear they didn't care if fans didn't like it, because their players had a right to speak. Fine -- no argument with that from me.

But as soon as someone criticizes a totalitarian regime that is currently prosecuting a brutal cultural and religious genocide against more than a million people, all of a sudden it's a full court press to make sure everyone understands that Morey's "deeply offensive" opinion was his own, and not one shared by anyone in the league. They forced him to apologize and there was talk that he might even lose his job.

I was never a huge fan of the NBA anyway -- I love basketball, but tend to enjoy college hoops much, much more. But after this, it will be a cold day in Hell before this league ever sees a dime of mine. Let them get all of their money from China, if that market is so important to them.

But there's more to it than all of that. This was a shot across the bow to American companies, making it clear that they better restrict their speech to sentiments approved by the Chinese government or there would be consequences for it. We will see if American companies value the basic human right to be free from torture and genocide more than they do access to Chinese markets.

Well, no, we won't. We all already know the answer to that.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/7/19 10:55 am

Post South Park (L) Nature Boy Florida
Got to give it South Park - they nailed it in a timely manner. And got banned in China as a reward.

You might want to watch this episode that just dropped in the last week.

Warning: Even had a filthy talking Mickey Mouse warning his writers not to offend the Chinese with politics.

If you can't stomach South Park (and it's very understandable if you don't)

You can read about it here:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/south-park-banned-chinese-internet-critical-episode-1245783
10/7/19 12:22 pm

Post Re: South Park (L) Dave Dorsey
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
And got banned in China as a reward.

They should wear it as a badge of honor.

What a messed up world when South Park is the one taking courageous, moral stands.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/7/19 1:16 pm

Post Re: South Park (L) Nature Boy Florida
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
And got banned in China as a reward.

They should wear it as a badge of honor.

What a messed up world when South Park is the one taking courageous, moral stands.

Agreed.
10/7/19 2:19 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Steve Kerr wussed out. Gave an incredibly lame statement about the whole thing.

Honestly, this should be read as strong evidence that the US is no longer the world's foremost superpower. China is controlling speech in the US. Effortlessly.

The US is definitely the foremost superpower militarily, but if a country's companies are more interested in foreign dollars than the values of their own nation... that's not a good sign.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/8/19 6:37 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Take a look at this puddle of courage. https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/1181507119494959105

Kerr is never without a sharp, biting criticism of Trump.

Watch how different he is here.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/8/19 7:40 am

Post Da Sheik
I long for the days when athletes just played ball Cool Acts Enthusiast
10/8/19 8:09 am

Post Cojak
Da Sheik wrote:
I long for the days when athletes just played ball Cool

Smile I'm on your team! Cool Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/8/19 9:53 pm