Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Give me your best timeline: From Jesus’ death to the resurrection
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Bro Bob
I don't understand the opposition to soul sleep. Could God not awaken the soul if He wished? Does the body not return to dust from where it came? Does the soul not return to God who gave it? And what was the soul doing before He placed it into your brand new body? It existed prior, right? Was it not asleep then?

What did the spirit of Samuel say when Saul had the witch use her power to contact him? 1st Samuel 28 <<< Interesting read. "Why have you awakened me?"

It seems we think of our soul being asleep as something bad. Is being asleep while they are doing a colonoscopy a bad thing? When you awaken doesn't it feel like mere moments have passed, though your family has been waiting for over an hour to hear the results?

My wife passed on April 27th this past spring. Is she awake someplace? I can facetime a friend in France, and another in Hawaii, and another in Singapore. Why can't I talk to Regina? I can pray to my heavenly Father. Can He tell Regina how much I miss her? Can He not tell me how she is doing?

If some tragedy should befall our precious granddaughters, will she know about that or not?

Soul sleep seems to be the choice I would make if God asked me.

Let me try to make one more observation. If awake, what need is there of any resurrection of this body? Her body was used up. Her face had changed so much in just the last 3 weeks. Why fix and repair THAT body if she is blissfully awake and aware in some paradise?

The resurrection is huge. It is going to happen. It is necessary. And it will only happen upon the return of Christ.

I would love to go to sleep and awaken to THAT!

BB

ps... Our struggle is our absolute connection to time. Eternity is not everlasting time. It is the total disconnection to the limitations of time. A thousand years? A day? There will be no difference. God is not limited by time. We won't be either. Try to imagine that truth if you wish. You cannot get there in your own head.
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
9/25/19 10:09 am

Post Eddie Robbins
I totally agree. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to die and wake up in the rapture and be with ALL of our loved ones at the same time? I have a hard time believing my Mom is sitting by the river waiting on me to arrive. But, the hymn says that’s what will happen. Smile

Another discussion for another time is why we have believed that the soul is immortal. Think on that and let’s talk sometime.
Acts-pert Poster
9/25/19 10:41 am

Post Da Sheik
Come on guys, let's use some logic. Did God remove Enoch from the earth so he could catch up on his rest? Did God send the chariot of fire for Elijah so he could catch up on his sleep? Did Moses and Elijah wake up from their naps to discuss the upcoming Passion with Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration? Paul visited the third Heaven. Later he would tell the Philippians he had a desire to depart and be with Christ which is "far better". Do you think Paul was eager to go take a nap?

Sleep is a euphemism for death in the bible. The reason is simple. The people of God have passed from death unto life. The ones who have trusted in Christ will never die. That's why the Holy Spirit used this language to describe physical death.
Acts Enthusiast
9/25/19 11:24 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic