Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Benny Hinn rejects the prosperity gospel (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Benny Hinn rejects the prosperity gospel (L) UncleJD
He says "The gospel is NOT FOR SALE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TQQirZI9Eo&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3heezU9n_XrJgmwPI0srAZ6QZhgAFt5bw0_o9nBjESxidjNhxvVWItwMM
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/4/19 3:27 pm

Post I don't know much about Hinn...don't follow him.. caseyleejones
He at one time lived in a wealthy gated community and drove high end cars.

So, the dilemma....if he was wrong, does he sell all that he garnered from that teaching the last 30 years and give it maybe to a third party charity?

Zaccheus, the wee little man, gave back plus with interest.....

I honestly don't know what the proper response is. ...but that is between he and God...not me because I don't support him.....
Acts-perienced Poster
9/4/19 8:24 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
I was at District Council for the A/G in Anaheim & Benny had his crusade right down the street.
Bunch of the A/G guys went to hear him preach & it affected the DC attendance (normally about 1500-1800 on a week night).
Benny showed up the next morning during the business session & asked the Superintendent if he could greet the ministers.
He shared a short few words & then gave his offering from last night to the Sup. & apologized for creating any distractions.
He's a decent guy with a good heart.
I got the chance to spend a little time with him & his ministry team & the whole visit went quite well.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
9/4/19 9:47 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Better late than never.
It must be a great weight on him to rememeber all the times he DID ask for money for believers to show God their faith - to receive their healing, wealth, etc...
9/5/19 6:56 am

Post UncleJD
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Better late than never.
It must be a great weight on him to rememeber all the times he DID ask for money for believers to show God their faith - to receive their healing, wealth, etc...

The ONE time I went to hear him, I was 23, newly married, not much money. He asked for an offering, I took the only $20 from my wallet, had it out and ready when he said "I don't want your 20s, I want your 100s", I gladly folded my 20, put it back in my wallet, and left as soon as my wife was ready.

I'm really glad to hear this from him. Part of me can't help but wonder if his giving is down so low that he's looking for a new angle (preaching against what he preached for). But I'll give him a break and assume he's genuinely sorry for it. It sure sounds like it to me. It sounds like he doesn't want to face God for pimping the gospel.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/5/19 8:16 am

Post Da Sheik
I guess time will tell. Acts Enthusiast
9/5/19 8:18 am

Post diakoneo
Wonder if some of the others will follow? Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/5/19 8:28 am

Post revuriah
Leave him in God’s hands and if he’s sincerely repentant, we will see the fruit of it.

He seems sincere. He’s getting up there. Maybe he’s had an encounter with God and realized what he was doing. I will be praying for him.

Revuriah's Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jeff-Richard/1226257444

Jeffrey David Richard's Myspace Music
www.myspace.com/547856946
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
9/5/19 9:25 am

Post Link
Svideo is not working on my phone so I will assume this is the same video I aw yesterday where he said ihe did not believe in asking for $1000. I wish there were a bitore of the I am sorry attitude than these preachers got it all wrong attitude.

Back in the 90s Hinn said realiized he had been wrong about some of his fumd raising techniques when he witnessee the poverty in thr Philippines. I am not sure how much he dialed back.
9/6/19 8:13 am

Post Dave Dorsey
I have to admit that I am quite dubious. Perhaps that is a problem with me. I do believe that God can give repentance to even the worst of sinners.

As Da Sheik said, time will tell whether his repentance is sincere. Zacchaeus comes to mind, who restored fourfold when he repented of his sin. It will be interesting to see if anything changes in Hinn's life as a result of this declaration.

I have not read Costi Hinn's new book, but I have his older book (Defining Deception) and have watched a few interviews with him. He has been calling his uncle to repentance for years, and has been blackballed by his family as a result. If Hinn's repentance is genuine, one of the first things I would hope to see would be him reaching out to his nephew to thank him and to make amends.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/6/19 12:25 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Earlier today, Costi Hinn shared this link on Twitter:

http://www.forthegospel.org/can-we-learn-from-pauls-conversion-assessment/
(Can We Learn from Paul’s Conversion Assessment?)

With the comment:

"Whenever anyone, regardless of notoriety, claims to repent and change their ways, wisdom can be found in the example of Paul."
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/6/19 12:27 pm

Post Link
Costi seems to have gone to the opposite extreme of cessationism.
9/6/19 1:07 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Official statement from Costi:

"Re: Uncle Benny I’m encouraged to see him express a refutation of prosperity theology, & even admit to wrong teachings on that topic. Now, pray for undeniable, lasting fruit that exemplifies genuine repentance. Truth & time go hand in hand (Psalm 51:17; Luke 19:1-10; Luke 3:8).” Costi later added: “He’ll always be my uncle. I will always love him and pray for him until he or I are gone from this earth."

This will certainly be my prayer for him! What an astounding testimony it would be.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/6/19 6:57 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
A Periscope video was posted today by Benny Hinn Ministries in which Benny was asking people to sow a $120 seed to be free from debt. However, Costi and others have suggested it could have been prerecorded and scheduled, and the video has now been deleted which seems like it might support that theory. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/6/19 7:02 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
More to the story:

https://www.charismamag.com/blogs/the-strang-report/42622-exclusive-benny-hinn-explains-why-he-s-speaking-out-against-extreme-prosperity-teaching?fbclid=IwAR0lC9bYbKcvP6qv9752i5zALk95MZ1MvRDbqDMytbD8cc0mJCOhZtDM_CY
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/6/19 9:36 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
That was so encouraging, Carolyn! [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/7/19 5:34 am

Post This is what I'm getting..... caseyleejones
He does believe God wants to prosper his people...but opposes such dubious methods as give $1000 for a miracle...etc....

I have no issue God prospering his people. I am fairly extreme on this belief. I believe in sowing and reaping...it's a spiritual law. I live it. We give more now than ever, we're debt free with a large sum in savings, CD's and investments...that said...but money is the lowest form of prosperity of all areas of prospering. You know what though? There are areas of my life(family etc....) I need prospering and no amount of money will fix.

I have always questioned motives for the last 30+ years when the only time a church or ministry talks about sowing and reaping is when they are raising money. Or give $1000 and expect a miracle or expect 100x. I give expecting God to give back multiplied amount. How many times a car missed me by inches going 75 mph that could have left me paralyzed? I just got my harvest. I do believe the 30/60/100 fold could mean finances, but the harvest is speaking in reference to the Word sown..it could be a word for finances, healing, freedom from fear.

I also questions the so called first fruit teaching...as well as tithing. If you go to a church, you should give and support it at maybe 10..15...20% OR more.

I want to be prosperous in all areas of my life, but money is really the lowest form of prosperity.

...and I think I over shot this thread.....
Acts-perienced Poster
9/7/19 1:49 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic