Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Proudest of my daughter ever....very grieved more than ever....

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Proudest of my daughter ever....very grieved more than ever.... caseyleejones
Long story short...

My daughter who is 20 is a part of an interdenominational group that might be conservative evangelical in nature. This group represents Methodists, pentecostals, Presbyterians..etc....

They meet several times a year they call "flights" and involves young people from all over where they focus on consecration in a retreat manner and runs several days and it is an overnight thing.

They had a several hour Q&A session where the youth ranging from 12-18 can ask spiritual directors who are 5 ordained ministers from the region, any question they want. My daughter is 20 and has been involved with this since she was allowed to go and is considered a lay director leader.

The question came up whether LGBTQ+ practicing people will go to hell. Not one of the five would/could answer or would respond as to whether it was a sin. It was a dead silence. My daughter, as mentioned who is a lay director leader and not really supposed to answer stepped up and stated to all the youth, ...what would happen if a person lies, steals, hates, or commits murder...it is a sin just like these and can have the same consequences...and that maybe the consequences are different here on earth but after this life...they are similar.....She answered with both grace and truth as I have taught her.... She is not a theologian but attempted to answer in their language and understanding....

I sat there almost in tears..but I wasn't sure if it was due to my daughter having the boldness that 5 ministers with likely 200+ years of ministerial experience did not have....or now seeing why church people and young church people embracing the LGBTQ+ as acceptable because clergy and churches cannot address this issue.

Is it really that hard for churches to address this issue anymore???
Acts-perienced Poster
9/8/19 9:51 pm

Post Cojak
It is very easy to see how you would be proud of your daughter, What an inspiring story of honesty. YES, the flp side is sad. However the testimony makes a conservative smile and be proud. Good stuff. Cool Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/8/19 10:14 pm

Post CJ, very proud.....but this is just one more example of caseyleejones
"clergy" remaining silent or really not knowing how to answer one of the biggest dilemmas facing the church today. Acts-perienced Poster
9/8/19 10:21 pm

Post sheepdogandy
Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,
23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man--and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves,
25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.
27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;
29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers,
30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful;
32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

No dilemma here.

Call these so called ministers what they are.

Backslidden cowards.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/9/19 10:54 am

Post BromptonFalls
Joining with you in admiration for your daughter and prayer for this generation. God help us to speak to speak grace, love AND truth. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life.
9/10/19 9:40 am

Post Preacher777
I am always encouraged when hearing stories about Godly young people standing up and sharing the Bible in love. God bless your daughter! Friendly Face
9/11/19 5:57 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic