Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Twitter discussion regarding prolife stance of COG professor (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Twitter discussion regarding prolife stance of COG professor (L) Nature Boy Florida
There is currently a discussion on Twitter regarding being prolife yet supporting the governor of Virginia's position on a bill removing all restrictions on third trimester abortions. He suggested that as the Dr. he would be allowed to keep a baby born alive comfortable while he (the Dr.) and mother decide whether to deliberately kill the infant.

What makes this significant to Actscelerate (and the whole COG) - is a COG minister is debating this with a COG PTS professor...one on each side of the debate. How is that possible? The right to life is the most basic of all human needs - it trumps every other need on the "hierarchy of needs".

So I post this because I believe it is high time that COG members be aware of the very public positions the professors and administrators at our institutions are taking - and based on my previous thread - this is a public twitter discussion - so I feel it is fair to present it here for COG pastors and members to review.

I love our COG schools: Lee University and PTS. I sent my kids there. I went there. One could read every post of mine here in the last 12 years - and easily see I have consistently supported our schools against all misunderstandings and outright attacks.

But - if we can't get the abortion issue right - what else are we getting wrong? And shouldn't the rank and file members be aware so they could become more involved?

Here is a link to the twitter discussion.

https://twitter.com/TravisJohnson73/status/1158429223020892162
8/5/19 6:12 pm

Post UncleJD
First, I don't really know her, I've heard a few statements around women in leadership in the past which I agreed with so I don't have any pre-conceived negative opinions here. Just observing the public record of someone in leadership.

I browsed through about 20 twitter posts or so and got a serious progressive-leftist vibe in about 2 minutes on nearly every liberal talking point. Gun-control (for), abortion (against but for it, i.e. typical liberal double-talk), social-justice, gay's-ok (defense of Beth Moore who has come out in support of LGBT), borders are bad, conservative Christians hate children, on and on. I'm sure if I kept going I'd find the evils of capitalism, white people are all racist unless they vote democrat, etc..

Cleveland We Have A Problem

update - 5 minutes into it, I found that capitalism is evil and Trump puts kids in cages in the concentration camps, and even an "If you say things like "American", you might be a fascist" -- (Antifa light??)

MayDay!
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
8/5/19 11:20 pm

Post Cojak
UncleJD wrote:
First, I don't really know her, I've heard a few statements around women in leadership in the past which I agreed with so I don't have any pre-conceived negative opinions here. Just observing the public record of someone in leadership.

I browsed through about 20 twitter posts or so and got a serious progressive-leftist vibe in about 2 minutes on nearly every liberal talking point. Gun-control (for), abortion (against but for it, i.e. typical liberal double-talk), social-justice, gay's-ok (defense of Beth Moore who has come out in support of LGBT), borders are bad, conservative Christians hate children, on and on. I'm sure if I kept going I'd find the evils of capitalism, white people are all racist unless they vote democrat, etc..

Cleveland We Have A Problem

update - 5 minutes into it, I found that capitalism is evil and Trump puts kids in cages in the concentration camps, and even an "If you say things like "American", you might be a fascist" -- (Antifa light??)

MayDay!

I have a problem just understanding this computer. I know diddly about twitter, but if this report is even close to the truth...........MAYDAY...MAYDAY... is a good call. Shocked Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/6/19 9:05 am

Post UncleJD
In fact, the only tweet I read that was anti-abortion at all was one about the outrage that nearly all abortions in a region of India (I believe) were all girls in sex-selection abortions. While I too find that despicable, the post seemed to be solely because of the sex-selection, not abortion in general, it reeked of a feminism slant rather than being purely "pro life" Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
8/7/19 11:14 am

Post Thank You Nature Boy doyle
THANK YOU for your post and the way in which it is done. If someone has posted their beliefs and or opinions on public media, what they say is open for discussion.

Also, it is always in order to report verified statements. Even so, for one's protection legally, it is always wise to attribute the quote to a source as you did. Examples: "According to a statement so and so made on Twitter (include the link as Nature Boy did).

In ministry, we attribute all the time. Example: "According to the first Chapter of John, 'The Word became flesh and dwelled among us...' " So, just do the same thing when posting info anywhere online.

"According to an article in the New York Times, blah, blah, blah."
Then state why you agree or disagree. At this time at least, it is still legal in America to have an opinion. Just be sure to double-check that a quote you post, is as it was reported. That "According to" is a protection.

Nature Boy, it is also appreciated that even though you disagree with the professor, you did not make any negative personal comments. As a Chaplain, I meet people every day who are believers, non-believers, not-sure what they believe etc.

Though I don't agree with many of them, I love them all. I do not view people who disagree with me, to be enemies.

THANKS TOO for your wisdom in[b]not call[ing/b] for anyone to be fired. Calling for someone to be fired could be viewed by secular courts as an attempt to do the person harm; the loss of income.

You did it right Bro., and set a good example for the rest of we us. Blessings.

Doyle
writedoyle@gmail.com
404-933-1373
8/9/19 10:29 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic