Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Qualifications For A State Overseer ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Requirements 4thgeneration
Didn't it pass in the last Assembly that an AB will now be required to have a certain amount of time as a pastor to be eligible? I believe it excluded the current serving Ab's, but would apply to any future candidates.

And as per how you get to be an AB. Logic tells you that the odds are slim to none, just by the sheer numbers. Idk exactly how many qualified ministers there are currently, but there are only somewhere in the mid 40's of those positions to fill, considering combined states into regions, etc. So, no matter who you are, if your measure for success is becoming an AB, you're more likely to be a failure. My advice is don't chase position, and don't envy those who hold them. Just be who God made you and do what God called you to do, and trust Him to position you according to His will.

Just my O!
Acts Enthusiast
10/2/19 3:32 pm

Post Re: The real answer and the truth... 2ndgeneration
[quote="4thgeneration"]
FLRon wrote:
PreacherSteve wrote:
I’ve heard the “I’m 3rd generation church of God”so many times I now automatically tune it out. Sorry, God is not impressed with your COG pedigree.

Ummm I'm sorry if my name offends you, but I am proud to be COG, and to be 4th generation in this movement! I don't claim that as a pedigree, but I am thankful for that as fact of my life. And I might add, God is likely equally not impressed with a pedigree or with a lack of one. Just my O!

My name probably offends him too. But not as much as your since I'm one rung down from three and you're one up! LOL!!!!!!
Acts Enthusiast
10/2/19 6:35 pm

Post Cojak
Now I am mad, Smile , I am only second generation myself but I started REAL early! LOL Laughing Laughing

Of course God is not impressed, someone would be pretty ignorant to think that methinks.

I put that in the area of someone who decides what impresses God or what HE thinks.

I am very proud of my dad who was a pioneer COG preacher from the 1920s, but i know he was only a sinner saved by grace (but a great man in his family's opinion) and yes I am proud of him and his efforts for the kingdom.
Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/2/19 10:00 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic