Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Does a person's belief system disqualify them from playing on the platform?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Does a person's belief system disqualify them from playing on the platform? caseyleejones
I person I know really go serious with God. One of the best guitar players I have ever heard. But, he maintains that he sees no problems with gay marriage. Leadership had concerns. Chose not to allow him on the platform.

Would this be enough to disqualify someone from playing on the worship team?
Acts-perienced Poster
7/21/19 3:11 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Yes.
7/21/19 3:26 pm

Post Patrick Harris
No, not for me it won't

I've seen worse beliefs or attitudes in the worship team
Acts Enthusiast
7/21/19 3:42 pm

Post Cojak
I really don't think "that belief" would disqualify anyone playing. There are so many personal 'beliefs' that are off the norm, I don't think I would alienate some one for that. Start "Preaching it!" that would drop the hammer methinks.

I think I mirror Patrick here. Idea Push him away and you just might lose him completely. His thoughts may do a 180 around the right influence. Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/21/19 4:52 pm

Post My opinion roughridercog
If his life and beliefs are not reflective of biblical teaching, then he should have no place in a place of ministry.
It's not about loving or not loving him.

It's about being biblical.
7/21/19 5:58 pm

Post Some thoughts.... Aaron Scott
Consider that years ago, many of us weren't even for domestic partnerships for gays. That is, many didn't even think that a gay couple should be able to visit their sick "spouse" in the hospital.

We changed. But we did so without accepting that homosexuality is acceptable.

I am not for gay marriage. HOWEVER, I can understand how some, without accepting homosexuality, think that as a secular matter, gay marriage is really just domestic partnerships with a different name (and I suppose it really is).

I know that there is no such thing as gay MARRIAGE, for that word means something specific and narrow. But so long as someone believed the practice of homosexuality was a sin, but didn't see any reason to withhold that status from them, seeing as we have already accepted domestic partnerships.

The KEY issue is what they think of homosexuality. All the other is window dressing.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/22/19 8:33 am

Post UncleJD
It will be an issue if you preach against it. He will undermine you. It might just be in his own family, but he will undermine Biblical teaching on the subject, at least within his circle (family, friends, musicians, worship leaders, etc..) Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/22/19 8:40 am

Post Patrick Harris
I think about the two years or so that I attended a UPC church and played on the Worship team. Never was an issue because the pastor didn't have any issues with me even though I was not Oneness.
We certainly didn't agree on a number of things, but I never questioned them publicly, though we had many, many private conversations.
Acts Enthusiast
7/22/19 12:54 pm

Post It's dangerous to be so desperate for help roughridercog
That we put people into positions who do not accept sound biblical doctrine. It's bound to blow up in your face.
7/22/19 12:59 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic