Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Kannapolis COG - West A street -

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Kannapolis COG - West A street - MI6
Attended the West A Street Kannapolis COG last Sunday.
The Attendance was down and the service was slow and boring and formal.
This used to be an On Fire Church and the services were packed.
What has happened?

Last edited by MI6 on 8/17/19 7:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Friendly Face
7/21/19 10:19 am

Post I don't know MI Cojak
BUT WNC is always behind in reports, but comparing :

APR/MAY 2017.. worship 403.. tithe 54K
APR 2019...worship 358...tithe 57K

On paper doesn't show a big difference on paper.
I never attended Kannapolis churches after 1955, but Kannapolis has always been very strong COG in the Cannon Mills area.

I know some blessed folk from there and haven't heard negatives...
Your post took me by surprise....

? Are you my cousin?? just askin!
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/21/19 1:44 pm

Post West A Street MI6
When I lived in Concord in the early 1990's the church was full.
It was about Half that size last week.

I do not remember there being 3 other Church of God congregations in Kannapolis in the early 1990's but now there are 3 other COG churches.

I remember the church being an alive Pentecostal Church... last week it was
Baptist almost.

Oh well, so much for the good ole days!
Friendly Face
7/21/19 3:49 pm

Post Re: West A Street Cojak
MI6 wrote:

Smile Lot of that going around. Wink
7/21/19 4:43 pm

Post One reason might be brotherjames
Concord First AG (cfa church) now runs over 5000 on the weekend. Just a thought. Acts-celerater
7/22/19 8:38 am

Post Re: West A Street UncleJD
MI6 wrote:
When I lived in Concord in the early 1990's the church was full.
It was about Half that size last week.

I do not remember there being 3 other Church of God congregations in Kannapolis in the early 1990's but now there are 3 other COG churches.

I remember the church being an alive Pentecostal Church... last week it was
Baptist almost.

From what I understand, most COG state officers prefer many small congregations to fewer larger ones. You can probably guess why.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/22/19 9:39 am

Post Carolyn Smith
When we did MIP in Kannapolis 35 years ago, we attended Lane St. COG. Roberta Mills was a tiny little church not far away. Sam Crisp was our master pastor at Lane St., and I understand he later pastored West A. He has retired in the last few years, if I'm remembering correctly. He is a wonderful man of God who always encouraged and blessed us.

When a long time pastor retires, it can change the whole personality of a church. It definitely has an effect.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/23/19 9:02 pm

Post Cojak
Carolyn Smith wrote:
When we did MIP in Kannapolis 35 years ago, we attended Lane St. COG. Roberta Mills was a tiny little church not far away. Sam Crisp was our master pastor at Lane St., and I understand he later pastored West A. He has retired in the last few years, if I'm remembering correctly. He is a wonderful man of God who always encouraged and blessed us.

When a long time pastor retires, it can change the whole personality of a church. It definitely has an effect.

Much truth here, many times the following pastor doesn't know how to handle the former pastors success with the people.
Also TRUE, Sam is a great guy and true friend. Cool
7/24/19 9:20 am

Post Good, but not great MI6
Some of the members like the way things are going...
but others that remember the previous pastors are saying
things are good - but not great.
Friendly Face
7/24/19 8:55 pm

Post West A Street MI6
Delete Friendly Face
8/3/19 8:34 pm

Post God's Will or Politics MI6
One member asked if the current downward turn of the West A Street COG was God's Will?... or was it due to the nature of COG politics. She was told - since God knew who the State AB would send to West A Street then it MUST BE God's Will.
Interesting!
Friendly Face
8/16/19 12:10 pm

Post Re: Kannapolis COG - West A street - Is A Change Needed ? Carolyn Smith
MI6 wrote:
Attended the West A Street Kannapolis COG last Sunday.
The Attendance was down and the service was slow and boring and formal.
This used to be an On Fire Church and the services were packed.
What has happened?

ADDED: 08/14/2019 -

Members are concerned that [With a slow decline in attendance and Tithe Payers leaving the church for other churches in the area] that the West A Street COG will not be able to pay the large monthly payments on the debt and conduct necessary ministry. Some are now saying a change is needed in leadership areas of the church to renew the Vision of West A Street and relight the Pentecostal Fire that the congregation was born into. The question for many members is how long should they wait for the WNC State Office to make a change or should they "Vote with their wallets and then their Feet."

IMHO, the members need to contact the state overseer directly re: their concerns. "Voting with your wallet" is an act of rebellion. If enough concerned members contact the state office, surely that would garner some response. And if it is only a few disgruntled members who can't get their way, that will surface also.

However, it seems most ABs tend to side with the pastor rather than the church. At least, that is what I have seen in my experience most of the time.

But I guess I'm odd. I don't make a decision on where to go to church based on anything except if it is where God has placed me. Unless He gives me permission to leave, I am staying right where I am. And I will support my pastor unless he is in violation of scripture.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/16/19 9:49 pm

Post TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE FG Minister
I cannot believe the moderators have allowed this thread to continue. A local church and a local pastor are being maligned and none of us has a clue what might be going on. This is not the correct forum for this discussion because it's none of our business. If MI6 didn't care for the service, let him privately write the pastor. This is ridiculous! Acts-celerater
8/17/19 7:59 am

Post Re: TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE Da Sheik
FG Minister wrote:
I cannot believe the moderators have allowed this thread to continue. A local church and a local pastor are being maligned and none of us has a clue what might be going on. This is not the correct forum for this discussion because it's none of our business. If MI6 didn't care for the service, let him privately write the pastor. This is ridiculous!

You’re right ! This is all in very bad taste !!
Acts Enthusiast
8/17/19 12:50 pm

Post Re: TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE Dean Steenburgh
FG Minister wrote:
I cannot believe the moderators have allowed this thread to continue. A local church and a local pastor are being maligned and none of us has a clue what might be going on. This is not the correct forum for this discussion because it's none of our business. If MI6 didn't care for the service, let him privately write the pastor. This is ridiculous!

I agree!
The nature of all churches is to go thru changes & sometimes it takes a while.
Listening to "some of the members" isn't good for anybody - they should take those concerns directly to their pastor & leave the state office out of it.
Besides, it's hard to have a "hallelujah blow out" every single service, especially in August when people are getting in those last few days of vacation & enjoying family time.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
8/17/19 3:28 pm

Post Re: TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE diakoneo
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
FG Minister wrote:

I agree!
The nature of all churches is to go thru changes & sometimes it takes a while.
Listening to "some of the members" isn't good for anybody - they should take those concerns directly to their pastor & leave the state office out of it.
Besides, it's hard to have a "hallelujah blow out" every single service, especially in August when people are getting in those last few days of vacation & enjoying family time.

Yep, a church I pastored was known for calling the overseer, removing pastors or running them off! A church does not want that reputation. If there are problems, they should be addressed by the local members to the pastor. Communication is a wonderful thing!

However, some third party who is not a member probably ought to stop stirring up stuff. Just a thought
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
8/17/19 7:23 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic