Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Still don't get why it's wrong to say "Send her back."

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Still don't get why it's wrong to say "Send her back." Aaron Scott
I'm serious. I don't get it. If she was a fourth generation American that hailed from Kentucky (or Texas or Nebraska or Oregon...), we would STILL feel the same way about someone who seems to think everything in America is wrong.

Now, we might use the words "send her back," but we might say "Go home!" or "Find another country!"

And if she does come from another nation (or shares a particular culture with another nation), then, yes, we'd likely say something along the lines

Wouldn't we feel that way about someone who burned the American flag? I would. And Ilhan Omar has, in my opinion, burned the American flag with her words.

Here's the thing.... When a person becomes an American, we respect that. But most of us, if we married into a family, are going to tread softly until we feel we understand matters, or have earned a level of respect (or at least a greater right to be heard).

Yes, I know that when you are an American, you have these things IMMEDIATELY. But that would be true in a family also...but it doesn't make it wise to do so. And when Omar comes across as someone who doesn't share American values (which might be a consequence of her unfortunate choice of religions), or as someone who needs to truly understand America before she starts whaling away at our nation, then, yeah, she's going to get the "go back home," "send her back," etc. treatement.

We all understand the difference between legitimate debate and whistling up the Trump Derangement Syndrome sufferers. As best I can tell, Omar's and AOC's only real "contribution" is loathing Trump and being so radical as to get press attention.

There are plenty of ways and reasons to criticize Trump without resorting to the f-word. And he, too, should take heed of common courtesy, lest we one day say to him, "Send him back to New York."
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/19/19 2:27 pm

Post Re: Still don't get why it's wrong to say "Send her back." Resident Skeptic
Aaron Scott wrote:
I'm serious. I don't get it. If she was a fourth generation American that hailed from Kentucky (or Texas or Nebraska or Oregon...), we would STILL feel the same way about someone who seems to think everything in America is wrong.

Now, we might use the words "send her back," but we might say "Go home!" or "Find another country!"

And if she does come from another nation (or shares a particular culture with another nation), then, yes, we'd likely say something along the lines

Wouldn't we feel that way about someone who burned the American flag? I would. And Ilhan Omar has, in my opinion, burned the American flag with her words.

Here's the thing.... When a person becomes an American, we respect that. But most of us, if we married into a family, are going to tread softly until we feel we understand matters, or have earned a level of respect (or at least a greater right to be heard).

Yes, I know that when you are an American, you have these things IMMEDIATELY. But that would be true in a family also...but it doesn't make it wise to do so. And when Omar comes across as someone who doesn't share American values (which might be a consequence of her unfortunate choice of religions), or as someone who needs to truly understand America before she starts whaling away at our nation, then, yeah, she's going to get the "go back home," "send her back," etc. treatement.

We all understand the difference between legitimate debate and whistling up the Trump Derangement Syndrome sufferers. As best I can tell, Omar's and AOC's only real "contribution" is loathing Trump and being so radical as to get press attention.

There are plenty of ways and reasons to criticize Trump without resorting to the f-word. And he, too, should take heed of common courtesy, lest we one day say to him, "Send him back to New York."

She's black. Trump is white. That makes it racism to the left and Dave Dorsey.
7/19/19 3:03 pm

Post Re: Still don't get why it's wrong to say "Send her back." skinnybishop
Aaron Scott wrote:

I can see how some might think it's wrong. If the person is from America, then they are already home. So, from that persoective, it's wrong. What I don't understand is how it's racist. Was the crowd chanting because of race?
7/19/19 4:14 pm

Post Re: Still don't get why it's wrong to say "Send her back." UncleJD
skinnybishop wrote:
Was the crowd chanting because of race?

of course not, they were chanting it because of her ideology. the same crowd loves any black conservative speakers.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/19/19 4:29 pm

Post Re: Still don't get why it's wrong to say "Send her back." skinnybishop
UncleJD wrote:
skinnybishop wrote:
Was the crowd chanting because of race?

of course not, they were chanting it because of her ideology. the same crowd loves any black conservative speakers.

Shhhhhh......I'm hunting rabbits here. 😁
7/19/19 4:35 pm

Post Cojak
I do agree with Aaron here. My sentiments are expressed here better than I can. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/19/19 6:02 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic