Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What the media won't tell you about "send her back" chant....

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post What the media won't tell you about "send her back" chant.... Aaron Scott
https://news.grabien.com/story-what-media-wont-tell-you-about-send-her-back-chant Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/18/19 10:14 am

Post Dave Dorsey
This article is a mess. It tries to say "there’s no excuse for chanting about deporting an American citizen" while spending several paragraphs excusing it because of Omar's policy views.

"Chanting “send her back” isn’t an attack on Omar’s race or even an attack on immigrants. It’s an expression of anger about an immigration policy that pays no mind to whether applicants actually appreciate the country that’s welcoming them." Uh, okay. Well, regardless, chanting "send her back" about a minority lawmaker who is an American citizens is going to sound like an attack on immigrants. There isn't additional context that somehow makes that okay (as the final paragraph of this piece says itself).

No one chants this stuff about white lawmakers who hold the same views Omar does. That alone gives it an obvious racial/racist tinge. It is what it is. It's not defensible, and this article demonstrates how goofy it looks when someone tries.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/18/19 10:31 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
This article is a mess. It tries to say "there’s no excuse for chanting about deporting an American citizen" while spending several paragraphs excusing it because of Omar's policy views.

"Chanting “send her back” isn’t an attack on Omar’s race or even an attack on immigrants. It’s an expression of anger about an immigration policy that pays no mind to whether applicants actually appreciate the country that’s welcoming them." Uh, okay. Well, regardless, chanting "send her back" about a minority lawmaker who is an American citizens is going to sound like an attack on immigrants. There isn't additional context that somehow makes that okay (as the final paragraph of this piece says itself).

No one chants this stuff about white lawmakers who hold the same views Omar does. That alone gives it an obvious racial/racist tinge. It is what it is. It's not defensible, and this article demonstrates how goofy it looks when someone tries.

Oh blah blah. I guarantee if a white British immigrant was elected to Congress and was expressing the same opinion that Omar is, the Trump crowds would be chanting "send her back" s well.
7/18/19 11:07 am

Post Dave Dorsey
LOL at your defense of the Trump mob. "They would shout 'send her back' about an American citizen of any color!!"

Go with that.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/18/19 11:26 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
LOL at your defense of the Trump mob. "They would shout 'send her back' about an American citizen of any color!!"

Go with that.

We have sent traitors back before. Naturalized citizens have actually lost their citizenship and been deported. But Trump never talked about sending anyone anywhere. He told her to "go back", fix things in the corrupt land of her birth, and then "come back" to show us how it is done. Stop spreading falsehood.
7/18/19 12:06 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
That's correct, that is what he said.

Then, last night, the nationalist mob attending his rally changed it to "send her back" -- taking what was already an inexcusable sentiment on Trump's part and making it worse.

As the campaign season progresses, you can bet your bottom dollar that the chant will quickly morph to "send them back". First about all four of "the squad", then more generally about any minority group Trump wants to use to rile up his base.

It's only going to get worse from here.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/18/19 12:11 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Good for him: https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/453735-trump-says-he-disagrees-with-send-her-back-chant

Even the president is saying the chant was out of line. So, maybe you guys can too now?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/18/19 12:35 pm

Post I'm still good with "send her back." Aaron Scott
ANYONE who comes to our nation and, from gives off the vibe of thinking we're worse than where they came from, yeah, I'm good with them going back home.

And that has ZERO to do with color. ZERO. And the disrespect this woman has shown to the president of her adopted country, using the f-word, I'm good with her going back.

If a Norwegian came to our country and was acting like this woman is acting, I'd be for sending them back, too.

In a nutshell, if we're so bad, then go back home.

It's like this with my teachers.... I don't care what they have to say or debate, as long as they do it respectfully. If you came from another country and you are harsh in your criticism of your new country--or, even if you are an American and act like you prefer to burn the flag than cherish it--yep, catch a plane, ship, bus, submarine, or walk, but go back to where you came from--or go to where you think is better--and come back when you can treat us with respect.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/18/19 3:18 pm

Post Re: I'm still good with "send her back." Dave Dorsey
Aaron Scott wrote:
In a nutshell, if we're so bad, then go back home.

The United States is her home. A country founded, among others, on the principle that the freedom to say what you believe, no matter how wrong, no matter how disagreeable, is the cornerstone of a free society and a fundamental human right worth spilling blood over.

I will never understand how otherwise smart people are able to so easily cast aside the fundamental liberties that make America great.

Look at the United Kingdom. You can't tweet things there without getting a knock on your door.

Is that what you want? Then keep supporting the forced deportation of people you don't agree with. Then you can look forward to your own deportation once someone is in power who disagrees with you.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/18/19 3:33 pm

Post hey Dave, brotherjames
we get it. You have the moral high ground and all the Trump supporters are racists, blah blah blah. Get over it. You lost. Acts-celerater
7/18/19 3:44 pm

Post Re: What the media won't tell you about "send her back" chant.... Cojak
Aaron Scott wrote:
https://news.grabien.com/story-what-media-wont-tell-you-about-send-her-back-chant

Of course I liked the article. It said what I think. I am not sure of the things that make it a terrible article, DD. But it shared my view. Just as articles that share a corroborating view by anyone is viewed.

But basically it does express my views.

BTW That is a college town, my Grandson graduated with honors there a couple years ago, I wonder (honestly) if the views in that area are pro Trump, because he sure is. Idea Wink
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/18/19 5:03 pm

Post Re: hey Dave, Resident Skeptic
brotherjames wrote:
we get it. You have the moral high ground and all the Trump supporters are racists, blah blah blah. Get over it. You lost.

He is not the only person of European descent in the church whose default setting is to see a racist motive on the part of whites when situations of friction arise between whites and blacks.
7/19/19 6:07 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
"Send her back" was wrong.

For whatever reason, we deemed 50,000 Somalis worthy of becoming citizens - and they all settled near each other - giving them a majority and the ability to elect one of their own.

Coming from poverty and war torn areas - living in a refugee camp - and being brought out and getting assistance to get an education here in the U.S. - you would think a person like that would be saying how great it is to be an American.

But no.

I would have been totally happy with them changing "UN-GRATE-FUL". In fact, at my next Trump rally - I believe I will start that chant myself. Twisted Evil
7/19/19 7:46 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Coming from poverty and war torn areas - living in a refugee camp - and being brought out and getting assistance to get an education here in the U.S. - you would think a person like that would be saying how great it is to be an American. ... I would have been totally happy with them chanting "UN-GRATE-FUL".

Thumb Up Thumb Up
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/19/19 7:54 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
"Send her back" was wrong.

For whatever reason, we deemed 50,000 Somalis worthy of becoming citizens - and they all settled near each other - giving them a majority and the ability to elect one of their own.

Coming from poverty and war torn areas - living in a refugee camp - and being brought out and getting assistance to get an education here in the U.S. - you would think a person like that would be saying how great it is to be an American.

But no.

I would have been totally happy with them changing "UN-GRATE-FUL". In fact, at my next Trump rally - I believe I will start that chant myself. Twisted Evil

I am of the opinion that we should never have allowed Muslims to come here in the first place.
7/19/19 10:03 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic