Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I appreciate any information-advice about electronic church signs

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I appreciate any information-advice about electronic church signs Preacher777
Can anybody offer suggestions about what to look for, where to buy, price ranges and anything else about electronic church signs? I did a Google search as a start and received a lot of information. It helps to get advice from people who either have the knowledge or already bought one without leaning so much on the businesses selling them. Friendly Face
7/17/19 11:43 am

Post Buy Local FG Minister
I would advise you approach a local sign company because you will need service as the years progress. National companies are a bit less expensive, but you'll pay in the long term. There will be ordinances in your community as to what is allowed. Some residential areas only allow amber colored displays; commercial areas will allow full color. We made the mistake of getting a sign that has limited program-ability. Get a sign that can be updated as new software becomes available. We also have a thermometer connected to our sign so we display the temp. Everybody loves that! Acts-celerater
7/18/19 7:33 am

Post Re: I appreciate any information-advice about electronic church signs skinnybishop
quote="Preacher777"]Can anybody offer suggestions about what to look for, where to buy, price ranges and anything else about electronic church signs? I did a Google search as a start and received a lot of information. It helps to get advice from people who either have the knowledge or already bought one without leaning so much on the businesses selling them.[/quote]

We are in the process of purchasing an electronic sign now. We have put down the required deposit and are waiting for installation.

My thoughts:

FG's advice is sound. Deal with a reputable local company. There are many large companies that do a great job. But, in my opinion, it is just easier to work with a local business, over the course of the entire matter. Service, communication, installation....all are easier with someone from your area.

I had an elder help with the process. He was responsible for securing bids for consideration. He got 4 "apples to apples" quotes. Three were local, one was Stewart Signs, from Florida.

There was about $6,000 difference between the low and high bid.

The "sign portion" (part with our church name) is 3.5' tall x 9.5 wide
The "electronic part" (message center) is roughly the same
The total height is 12 feet.

The total cost for sign, installation, and removal of old sign was $22,000 and change.

Expect 6-8 weeks from order to installation
7/18/19 9:07 am

Post Preacher777
Thanks to both of you for this help. Friendly Face
7/18/19 7:22 pm

Post Cojak
I had no idea of a price range of these things. The early ones were sorta tacky, but I do like the newer ones, They seem to be so flexible. They are very good eye catchers that is for sure. I think it is great when a church can afford it. Great way for announcements even a Word of the day.
I can understand the temperature interest, I like that addition. That becomes a part of anyone's day that passes it, I know that just from my passing one. They can be a great addition, that is for sure. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/18/19 9:06 pm

Post Re: Buy Local Resident Skeptic
FG Minister wrote:
I would advise you approach a local sign company because you will need service as the years progress. National companies are a bit less expensive, but you'll pay in the long term. There will be ordinances in your community as to what is allowed. Some residential areas only allow amber colored displays; commercial areas will allow full color. We made the mistake of getting a sign that has limited program-ability. Get a sign that can be updated as new software becomes available. We also have a thermometer connected to our sign so we display the temp. Everybody loves that!

This is great advice. We are trying to help a metro church in the central highlands of Mexico to get a good electronic sign. However, buying local is not an option and long-term service and upgrade of the sign are areas of concern.
7/19/19 6:26 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic