Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

60 Teenagers Vandalize a Walgreens
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post 60 Teenagers Vandalize a Walgreens Aaron Scott
https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/07/09/watch-surveillance-video-shows-as-group-of-about-60-teens-vandalize-loot-walgreens-on-south-street/

But there was something very interesting (and encouraging) in the video. See if you can spot it.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/10/19 7:26 am

Post Re: 60 Teenagers Vandalize a Walgreens Resident Skeptic
Aaron Scott wrote:
https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/07/09/watch-surveillance-video-shows-as-group-of-about-60-teens-vandalize-loot-walgreens-on-south-street/

But there was something very interesting (and encouraging) in the video. See if you can spot it.

I see nothing but the same denial by the media concerning the horrible problems with inner-city black youth. This is the failure of liberal policies like LBJ's "Great Society" on display, a policy designed to destroy the black family unit. My heart breaks for these kids. They were robbed of a normal home with a FATHER!!
7/10/19 7:51 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Black people do that sort of thing. They run fast too. It’s in their genes from having to outrun the tigers in Africa. Acts-pert Poster
7/10/19 9:29 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Black people do that sort of thing. They run fast too. It’s in their genes from having to outrun the tigers in Africa.

Racist post of the year - right here.
7/10/19 9:41 am

Post If they would put everyone of these kids in prison for 10 years... Aaron Scott
Then, for 10 years, there would be far less crime in their neighborhood.

The thing I was talking about is that one boy, as everyone else was going into the store, moved out of the line...and apparently did not get involved. He may have at first intended to go in, but apparently he didn't. Much respect for that young man.
7/10/19 9:42 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Black people do that sort of thing. They run fast too. It’s in their genes from having to outrun the tigers in Africa.

Racist post of the year - right here.

I believe Eddie's post was in response to mine. There are many such well-meaning brothers who think it inappropriate for a white man to make observations about tendencies in the black community.
7/10/19 9:46 am

Post Dean Steenburgh
Sorry to sound racist but I have a question:
Do we have video evidence of other people groups (other than blacks) who do the snatch & grab mob thing?
Eddie's tongue in cheek response was hilarious but honestly, why is it this seems to affect one group of people to make them react this way?
I've been to a couple of African nations & spent some time in their big cities & they don't act like that over there.
Odd behavior w/no sound cause or reason!

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
7/13/19 6:43 pm

Post Cojak
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
I've been to a couple of African nations & spent some time in their big cities & they don't act like that over there.

The wife and I have Taxi'd in black nations. My wife was concerned at leaving something in the taxi (we rented for the day). The driver assured her she could leave her purse even open on the back seat and it would not be touched. (I learned thievery was not tolerated, the thief lost his life or his hand with swift justice.) Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/13/19 7:58 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Cojak wrote:
Dean Steenburgh wrote:

The wife and I have Taxi'd in black nations. My wife was concerned at leaving something in the taxi (we rented for the day). The driver assured her she could leave her purse even open on the back seat and it would not be touched. (I learned thievery was not tolerated, the thief lost his life or his hand with swift justice.) Shocked

I too have had that same experience when I traveled in West Africa.
Amazing how law & order stay in place when justice is meted out swiftly.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
7/13/19 8:03 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
Do we have video evidence of other people groups (other than blacks) who do the snatch & grab mob thing?
Eddie's tongue in cheek response was hilarious but honestly, why is it this seems to affect one group of people to make them react this way?

Most Christians feel very uncomfortable pointing out what you did. But if the black community wants us to hear them on civil rights, they are going to have to take some responsibility and meet us half-way.
7/14/19 2:27 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:
But if the black community wants us to hear them on civil rights, they are going to have to take some responsibility and meet us half-way.

"We/us" (who is us, the benevolent white ruling class?) "will talk to you about civil rights for your race when you answer for crimes you had nothing to do with."

RS, you've said a lot of flat-out racist things on this forum, but this one absolutely takes the cake.

How can this thought come from the mouth of a man who claims a relationship with Christ?

What can we withhold from you until you take responsibility for the actions of your race in Charlottesville? (See how messed up that sounds?)
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/14/19 2:46 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
But if the black community wants us to hear them on civil rights, they are going to have to take some responsibility and meet us half-way.

"We/us" (who is us, the benevolent white ruling class?) "will talk to you about civil rights for your race when you answer for crimes you had nothing to do with."

"US" is the rest of America, regardless of race.

RS, you've said a lot of flat-out racist things on this forum, but this one absolutely takes the cake.

I have never said a racist thing on this forum, not in this case or in any case in the past. Sadly, you are a prime example of someone who has stood the definition of racism completely on its head. Would it be racist to say that Serbians need to re-examine their attitude towards Croatians? No. It is only when someone who is incidentally of European ethnicity says that black Americans need to examine their attitude towards other races that is considered racist. I absolutely stand by what I said and I openly reject your baseless charge of racism.

How can this thought come from the mouth of a man who claims a relationship with Christ?

Calling a nation or people to repentance is not racism.

What can we withhold from you until you take responsibility for the actions of your race in Charlottesville? (See how messed up that sounds?)

Again, a false narrative. 99.999% of white Americans denounce the actions of the Charlottesville crowd. They are so fringe they don't even deserve the air time they get (though the city and State government bears a lot of blame for the riot, imo). However, a sizable amount of blacks do not condemn the actions of these thugs attacking white people. Do you hear the black masses at large speaking out? Where are Sharpton and Jackson on this? Where are the black ministers organizing protests for the racism that is now a significant part of black culture today as white ministers did during the Civil Rights movement in defense of Black Americans?

Get your head out of the sand, Dave.
7/14/19 3:34 pm

Post Dave Steenburgh.... Aaron Scott
Dean Steenburgh wrote:

It is not color/race that drives this behavior, but rather cultural matters. I recall many years ago when a black man in our church was speaking with me and he gave me insight into something I had missed....

We had, oh, I suppose, 30+% of blacks in our church...but except for one lady (who was a treasure!), they rest were from the Caribbean (or their parents were). And they conducted themselves as honorably as ANYONE. One set of sisters--I think a mix of Greek and Barbadian--were exceptional in every way: looks, behavior, ambition, etc. One of them is a doctor today.

The reason they see things differently that African AMERICANS is because the cultural wars here, perhaps especially with things like the Civil War, Black Codes, Jim Crow, lynching, etc., has wrought a different result than those who did not endure these specific things.

At the same time, we all know of African Americans that are absolutely incredible in their integrity, ambition, drive, and Christianity. It might be that had we endured all they endured--and many still endure (due to passed down attitudes and views, perhaps)--we'd have a certain reputation also.

Yes, it usually is black kids who do this. It might be from an attitude of disrespect for what they see as the white man's businesses...it might be due to coming from homes that do not have strong parenting (approximately 70% of black children are born out of wedlock; in my church alone, I've had folks that had like 5 kids, but from 4 different daddies).

There is also "mob mentality." I had kids in one of my classes (predominantly African American) that made my life a living hell. But INDIVIDUALLY I could not help but love and treasure them. I've had them come to me in sincerity and sweetness...BUT PUT THEM ALL TOGETHER, and, yes, it was like blood in the water amidst a group of sharks.

Also, I have learned that some of it is white culture vs. black culture. Let me give you an example.... When black students would get all loud and boisterous, some teachers would get very nervous, feeling that things were utterly out of control etc. And yet a black teacher, under the same conditions, because he/she understands the culture and so forth, just takes it as "kids being kids." Likewise, if a black person sees someone in pickup truck with a Rebel Flag, they might assume far worse than us white southerners would. They might assume that they are in danger from rednecks or what have you. And yet we, being from here and, in many cases, understanding that the "redneck persona" doesn't necessary mean racial hatred, wouldn't think twice.

It is shame that black "mobs" do such things, because this often causes businesses to leave their neighborhoods, making life even worse. But while this may be how whites see black youth...I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't doubt that blacks see some things in our white youth that, while we wouldn't condone it, we might think it was just youthful and foolish mischief, rather than some more serious matter.

At the same time, that boy who turned back. I'd sure love to know who that was. I would definitely want to express my admiration.
7/14/19 4:44 pm

Post Resident and Dave Dorsey...precedent with the Indians and Palestinians... Aaron Scott
Resident, I know you meant well about African Americans controlling their youth. I think we all would wish that ALL parents, whatever color or race, would ensure good behavior.

Back in the 1800s, one way that Americans "handled" Indians was to, one, to find someone who would agree to sign away tribal lands, then declare that that guy was the REAL chief and call the treaty legit. It wasn't, of course. But we never let unjust behavior stop us from getting what we wanted.

Another way we handled Indians was to say something along the lines of, "You agree to never attack whites, and that if you do, this treaty will be null and void," or some such. Sure enough, the chief could tell everyone not to do anything stupid...but them some braves would get to feeling their oats, wanting to prove their bravery, upset at how the whites had done such damage, or upset that whites had broken the treaty, etc. So those young braves would go out and scalp some of those interlopers (when's the last time you heard that word?)...and sure enough, the U.S. Army would descend, blame the tribe at large, and seldom or never accept that the chief would see to it that the guilty parties would be punished.

Israel plays a similar game. They tell the Palestinians that they must not conduct any terrorist activities for X months (or whatever), or the deal/negotiations were off. Or that this had to take place before Israel would sit down and talk. Well, sure enough, Palestinians have their own "Timothy McVeighs," who don't line up behind everything those in charge want.

So those Palestinians who can't or don't see that bigger picture, or are tired of waiting, or feel like Israel is just dragging its feet, they go ahead and do something stupid...and it's back to square one. Israel gets to claim that the Palestinians are not serious, while the Palestinians claim that they can't control everyone.

Take this into account when we see black youth do such a thing. It is for certain that many adult blacks would look on this and absolutely denounce it. But just like most of us can't control everything our children do (or at least all the children in the church), others have the same problem.

We can play it like "the black people don't stop their kids from doing these things," but the truth is that it's just not something ANYONE can do if kids are so inclined. Our white kids may not feel the same pressures that black kids feel, and so we think they are little jewels, when if they were under pressure, they could be just as foolish.
7/14/19 4:56 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Again, a false narrative. 99.999% of white Americans denounce the actions of the Charlottesville crowd.

And you don't think 99.999% of black Americans denounce teenagers destroying businesses? You think even a tiny minority approves of this behavior?

There's a reason you see white people one way and black people another.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/14/19 6:27 pm

Post Re: Resident and Dave Dorsey...precedent with the Indians and Palestinians... Dave Dorsey
Aaron Scott wrote:
We can play it like "the black people don't stop their kids from doing these things," but the truth is that it's just not something ANYONE can do if kids are so inclined. Our white kids may not feel the same pressures that black kids feel, and so we think they are little jewels, when if they were under pressure, they could be just as foolish.

Aaron, you have made some excellent points that are absolutely correct and get much closer to the root of the issue. It's superficial and quite thoughtless to look at an issue like this and conclude it's a simple matter of race, especially when posters in this thread have acknowledged that black people elsewhere in the US or in the world don't do stuff like this. There are plenty of black people in Silicon Valley and none of them are terrorizing drug stores.

The main driving force here is poverty and inner city life. It's a very complex issue, but in general black Americans are much more likely to live in the inner city or be impoverished, therefore it is black Americans you see doing stuff like this. If there were poor white kids in the inner city, you'd see the same.

I wonder if there are any complex social factors that make the case, or if the history of black Americans differed from the history of white Americans anywhere along the road? Hmmmmmm I can think of a thing or two, how about you guys?

At best it's superficial and thoughtless to look at a video like this and think something like, "Why do black people do this?" I grant that it's not necessarily racist, but it certainly betrays a lack of understanding about how complex these issues are.

But then you've got folks saying stuff like "well sure the inner city is rough, and maybe we'll help clean it up once those black folks start taking responsibility for their race". That's another thing entirely -- absolutely inexcusable racism.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/14/19 6:52 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Again, a false narrative. 99.999% of white Americans denounce the actions of the Charlottesville crowd.

And you don't think 99.999% of black Americans denounce teenagers destroying businesses? You think even a tiny minority approves of this behavior?

I dealt with that. The denunciation is muted for fear of ridicule from militants in their own community. You are very naive.

There's a reason you see white people one way and black people another.

Again, false narrative. You've been well conditioned though, I must say.

Rolling Eyes
7/14/19 7:26 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:
I dealt with that. The denunciation is muted for fear of ridicule from militants in their own community. You are very naive.

So, if someone asked a black person about this story, he might say something like "You had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides?" Is that sort of what you're saying here?

Corporate racial guilt for thee, but not for me.

There's a word for that, too.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/15/19 4:42 am

Post skinnybishop
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

So, if someone asked a black person about this story, he might say something like "You had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides?" Is that sort of what you're saying here?

If you asked a black person about this story, here is what you would hear from many:

"Blacks destroying a store is no worse than whites destroying families, through the slave trade"

I've had these types of conversations. There are many who feel that bad behavior today is justified, because of racism and slavery yesterday.

Or many feel that looting a store "evens the score" for "white privilege".

Slavery and white privilege excuse everything.
7/15/19 6:31 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Again, you just parrot the spin from the media. I will assume you do not know the true context of the "good people on both sides" remark. Or perhaps you DO know the context, but simply to not give a hoot about the truth. The chance to bash Trump is just too tempting to resist. Either way, you are a hopelessly brainwashed sufferer of white guilt.
7/15/19 6:54 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic