Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Do you have a dress code for your praise team?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Do you have a dress code for your praise team? roughridercog
How about matching outfits?
7/9/19 9:44 pm

Post Cojak
No matching outfits, but I think our pastor relies on their common sense.So far it has worked! Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/9/19 10:32 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Jeans with holes and too tight - look like a slob - you're on the team. Twisted Evil
7/10/19 7:04 am

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Jeans with holes and too tight - look like a slob - you're on the team. Twisted Evil

You are right just add HIGH heels for the women with those tight jeans.
Friendly Face
7/10/19 7:28 am

Post What? roughridercog
No yoga pants? Laughing Laughing
7/10/19 7:45 am

Post sheepdogandy
We don't have a praise team.

No problem. Cool

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/10/19 9:13 am

Post Eddie Robbins
My view in dress codes may surprise you being the “liberal” I am. If golf courses and fine restaurants can enforce a dress code without making it a religious thing, so can a church. Acts-pert Poster
7/10/19 9:25 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
THE LOVE OF GOD wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

You are right just add HIGH heels for the women with those tight jeans.

Agreed.

And dudes playing the guitar in flip flops...also a requirement.
7/10/19 9:43 am

Post Yes brotherjames
After many years of common sense being the rule, I finally had to institute a dress code recently, it includes no crop tops. No hats, no strapless tops, no shorts and no yoga pants unless along top which goes below the waist (euphemism for crotch). I have so many millennials now on the worship team (which is great) but they have no common sense so we spelled it out for them. Sad but true. Dont care about torn Jean's unless there are more holes than Jean's, flip flops ok but really? Acts-celerater
7/10/19 10:45 am

Post Re: Yes THE LOVE OF GOD
brotherjames wrote:
After many years of common sense being the rule, I finally had to institute a dress code recently, it includes no crop tops. No hats, no strapless tops, no shorts and no yoga pants unless along top which goes below the waist (euphemism for crotch). I have so many millennials now on the worship team (which is great) but they have no common sense so we spelled it out for them. Sad but true. Dont care about torn Jean's unless there are more holes than Jean's, flip flops ok but really?

Glad you set a dress code. More leaders need to that. I am old school but I think church folk ought to dress the best they can. I am not referring to new converts but I am referring to seasoned saints. PLUS the older women ought to set an example too. I have never seen the beauty of jeans that have holes or threadbare to be attractive. I know it is a style but in my day, you would have NEVER worn them anywhere and tried not to wear them around the house for fear someone would come and think you didn't have any better.

Before someone says, well I want people in church no matter what - yes that is right - come to God as you are. We have to be patient with people and love them and set examples by our daily living. Sometimes, people just don't know or even think about what looks good or descent.
Friendly Face
7/10/19 12:55 pm

Post Da Sheik
**anxiously awaits Beulah’s arrival.....**. Laughing

Choir robes solve the modesty issue.
Acts Enthusiast
7/10/19 4:32 pm

Post diakoneo
Da Sheik wrote:

Here is some common sense...I think

If you are on a stage that is real high, it is probably not a good idea to wear a very short skirt. Yeah, even or especially if you are the worship leader. And yoga pants...and cleavage.... come on folks, what is this worship service about anyway??? Apparently...YOU!
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/10/19 5:28 pm

Post Cojak
Da Sheik wrote:

Smile Smile Smile Wink
7/10/19 10:06 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
We had a color scheme we followed weekly for a while years ago. I thought it added a nice touch, but it was aggravating at times to try to find something to wear for the right week.

Our pastor now has a very relaxed attitude about what we wear because he wants everyone to feel welcome to come to God's house. Some wear jeans regularly, which isn't my taste, but it's really none of my business.

The only expectation is modesty, and thankfully, everyone on the praise team has enough common sense to know what that is!

A side note: We had someone come to church a couple of weeks ago for our Night of Worship (which is praise & worship & intercessory prayer.) This lady sat out in the parking lot for over two hours because she felt God's spirit drawing her to our church, but she was wearing shorts and a skimpy top and had enough respect for the house of God that she wouldn't come inside. When we found out she was out there, a couple of people went out and prayed with her and assured her she was welcome no matter what she was wearing. She still wouldn't come inside, but she was very thankful for the prayer and said she would come again. One of our Hispanic members prayed with her and she told them that she didn't know what he said, but she could feel it in her heart.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/10/19 11:41 pm

Post Cojak
Carolyn Smith wrote:
... She still wouldn't come inside, but she was very thankful for the prayer and said she would come again. One of our Hispanic members prayed with her and she told them that she didn't know what he said, but she could feel it in her heart.

Sweet, good attitude all round and methinks an example of Christian Lives... Cool
7/11/19 12:42 pm

Post UncleJD
I've never asked, but I can tell you what ours is from observation.

1. Blue Jeans (must have holes or fit poorly), no slacks or dresses.
2. Skinny peg-legs showing at least 1 inch of your sockless foot.
3. Button-up shirts must be UN-tucked
4. properly tattooed fore-arms
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/11/19 5:21 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic