Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

New but old topic church closing

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post New but old topic church closing Cojak
At a funeral the other day a friend drove down to the flat lands from Boone, NC. In the course of conversation I asked how the church he attended was doing. It is closed down and sold now. Some of us are trying to have church in our homes. He attended, did not know the finances, but was sure they were paying the bills.
I was surprised at the attitude. He said he was told by a dist pastor, "You know that Boone is a College town, and the students are not interested in church."

I always figured a College town would be ripe for a church like a military town, but I could be wrong. The near by church of the tourist town of Blowing Rock is also closed.

I figure in NC many students would be from COG families and migrate to a COG? I am puzzled that some young man/woman could not stir up interest enough to keep a church there in Boone. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/9/19 10:44 am

Post Cojak
BTW we are in Lancaster PA. Any church suggestions? We have driven20-30 miles to attend while here before, hoping for one close in....

I just thought, have any of you ever attended a Mennonite church? I know it is almost impossible to attend an Amish meeting without an invitation.
Just curious on the Mennonite and Amish. Cool
7/9/19 10:48 am

Post Mennonites Very Anti-Israel FG Minister
NEWS RELEASE: The Mennonite Palestine-Israel Network (Menno-PIN) welcomes the successful passage of the “Seeking Peace in Israel and Palestine” resolution by the Mennonite Church USA at its biennial convention in Orlando, FL, today. The resolution was approved overwhelmingly, with approximately 98% of the 548 voters supporting it.

The resolution declares the denomination’s opposition to Israel’s 50-year-old military rule over Palestinians in the occupied territories and commits to “withdrawing investments from companies that are profiting from the occupation.” The resolution also urges church members to avoid purchase of products associated with the occupation or produced in Israeli settlements built on occupied Palestinian land in violation of international law and longstanding official US policy, and to advocate for an end to U.S. military aid and arms sales in the Middle East.
Acts-celerater
7/9/19 11:35 am

Post Re: Mennonites Very Anti-Israel Cojak
FG Minister wrote:
NEWS RELEASE: The Mennonite Palestine-Israel Network (Menno-PIN) welcomes the successful passage of the “Seeking Peace in Israel and Palestine” resolution by the Mennonite Church USA at its biennial convention in Orlando, FL, today. The resolution was approved overwhelmingly, with approximately 98% of the 548 voters supporting it.

The resolution declares the denomination’s opposition to Israel’s 50-year-old military rule over Palestinians in the occupied territories and commits to “withdrawing investments from companies that are profiting from the occupation.” The resolution also urges church members to avoid purchase of products associated with the occupation or produced in Israeli settlements built on occupied Palestinian land in violation of international law and longstanding official US policy, and to advocate for an end to U.S. military aid and arms sales in the Middle East.

VERY interesting FG, thanks.
7/9/19 10:56 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic