Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Article asks if Buttigieg debate statement makes him anti-Christian bigot. whachathink?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Article asks if Buttigieg debate statement makes him anti-Christian bigot. whachathink? doyle
https://www.dailywire.com/news/49069/haworth-pete-buttigieg-anti-christian-bigot-ian-haworth
7/2/19 10:08 am

Post Dave Dorsey
How on earth is Buttigieg's statement an attack on Christianity?

I don't agree with his understanding of what's happening in the border, nor do I agree with the premise of his question. But how is saying that God would not smile on the division of families at the hands of federal agents, or that God would not condone putting children in cages, "virulent anti-Christian bigotry"?

It's incorrect, it's charged, it's unnecessary. But "virulent anti-Christian bigotry"? What on earth?

Shapiro makes it really hard to defend him when he hires boneheads like this to write for him, IMO.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/2/19 10:59 am

Post UncleJD
Dave Dorsey wrote:
How on earth is Buttigieg's statement an attack on Christianity?

I don't agree with his understanding of what's happening in the border, nor do I agree with the premise of his question. But how is saying that God would not smile on the division of families at the hands of federal agents, or that God would condone putting children in cages, anti-Christian?

It's incorrect, it's charged, it's unnecessary. But "virulent anti-Christian bigotry"? What on earth?

Shapiro makes it really hard to defend him when he hires boneheads like this to write for him, IMO.

Quote:
for a party that associates with Christianity to say it is OK to suggest that God would smile on the division of families at the hands of federal agents, that God would condone putting children in cages has lost all claim to ever use religion language again.

Since the above quote is an outright lie and purposefully misleading and slanderous characterization of Republican Christians, then YES, absolutely he is an anti-Christian Zealot (there, I used a different word than bigot, maybe that's a better way to put it).
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/2/19 11:06 am

Post Dave Dorsey
I don't have any problem with your characterization of his statement. He's largely incorrect (although things like that toxic CBP Facebook group that came out yesterday make it harder to argue that point).

Still doesn't make anything about it anti-Christian. It's in fact pro-Christian as he is suggesting that Christian doctrine should be the focus for whether something is right or wrong and is saying the problem is the GOP isn't living up to that.

Yes, he's largely incorrect. But this can't be twisted in any rational way to make it anti-Christian.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/2/19 11:11 am

Post Mayor Pete is a Christian - Not a Bigot FG Minister
Wikipedia says...Buttigieg is a Christian, and has said his faith has had a strong influence in his life. His parents baptized him in a Catholic church as an infant and he attended Catholic schools. While at Oxford University, Buttigieg began to attend Christ Church Cathedral and said he felt "more-or-less Anglican" by the time he returned to South Bend. St. Augustine, James Martin, and Garry Wills are among his religious influences. A member of the Episcopal Church, Buttigieg is a congregant at the Cathedral of St. James in downtown South Bend.

It's a new day in American Christianity! The Bible needs to follow America into this age of enlightenment!
Acts-celerater
7/2/19 11:22 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Yup... there is more than a little hypocrisy in Buttigieg's statement. He's basically saying that Christian doctrine should be the focus for what's right or wrong in some areas, but in others it needs to be properly contextualized and understood for our modern times.

Still, none of that makes the statement anti-Christian.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/2/19 11:33 am

Post UncleJD
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Yup... there is more than a little hypocrisy in Buttigieg's statement. He's basically saying that Christian doctrine should be the focus for what's right or wrong in some areas, but in others it needs to be properly contextualized and understood for our modern times.

Still, none of that makes the statement anti-Christian.

I see what you're saying and I will go that same direction. What he said is not anti-CHRISTIANITY (in the context of his re-framing of the religion itself as you point out) But it IS anti-Christian people.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/2/19 1:24 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic