Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Dem debate part 1

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Dem debate part 1 Dave Dorsey
Anyone watch it last night? I'm an extreme morning person, so being awake at 9pm is tough for me, much less 11pm, but I knew I had to watch the circus.

I thought Booker looked the best, and it wasn't close. He was calm, prepared, passionate, and authentic. I thought Gabbard did very well too, even though she murdered Tim Ryan on live television late in the second hour. I was surprised that I thought DeBlasio did so well, because I thought most of the things he said were really dumb. I read later that he was the only candidate who looked into the camera while answering, so that's probably why I thought that.

Warren was totally forgettable. She seemed nervous and short of breath the whole time, and while her answers were genuine they were not anything to remember. Coming out so strongly in favor of abolishing private health care is going to destroy her if she winds up being the nominee.

Klobuchar did okay, but the midwestern folksiness comes across as weaksauce on the debate stage. Castro was good too, at least in the second hour. He was kind of cringy at times in the first hour.

Beto is done. I was saying that before the debate, but wow did he drive a stake in it yesterday. I can't think of a candidate in recent memory whose instincts are/were worse than his. The high school Spanish in his rehearsed opening statement was so painful. On the flip side, this means the GOP really needs to be careful about Ted Cruz in 2024, because he is very beatable if this skateboarding moron was able to get within 2.5 points of him.

What say you?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/27/19 6:50 am

Post Dave Dorsey
One more thought: I'm kinda pulling for DeBlasio just because I really want to see that general election debate. There would be a non-zero chance of a physical altercation breaking out. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/27/19 6:54 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
I thought Gabbard and Warren were the best. The moderators always cut to Warren to knock a softball out of the park - when any of the folks up there would have done the same.

I thought Booker was the worse...perhaps we watched two different debates. I thought all of his answers were canned sound bites. He looked wide eyed and nervous to me.

DeBlasio came across as the leader out there.

John Delaney was the most Republican out there...actually held a job before. But seemed like an also ran.

Gabbard fought for her country. Perhaps that is why I liked them the best personally.
6/27/19 7:13 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
One more thing - Beto. How did anyone in Texas vote for him? What a clown.
6/27/19 7:18 am

Post Dave Dorsey
It did seem that Beto was the only one who really got slammed by the other candidates. DeBlasio and Booker exchanged fire in the second hour, but Beto was taking it from DeBlasio, Castro, and others all night long.

They just emasculated him and left him silently fiddling with his pen.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/27/19 7:51 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
I agree - how did Cruz have a problem with this guy?

Is Texas ready to flip to Democrats permanently like California?
6/27/19 9:25 am

Post Castro came out solid.....You could tell caseyleejones
the moderators were attempting to bounce 2 males and 2 females...Gabbard for one.

Interesting though, 6 of 10 of them are current and former congress people and didn't seem to do a lot the last 10 years regarding immigration.
Acts-perienced Poster
6/27/19 5:46 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic