Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

One of the most wicked things I have ever seen - Rod Parsley and the anatomy of a money scam (V)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Dave Dorsey
caseyleejones wrote:
I watched a few minutes and quit...too long....

Casey - with respect - the people in this thread who did watch the video seem to unanimously disagree with your conclusions about Parsley.

I appreciate if the video was too long for you to watch. It was long, and you are certainly under no obligation to view it. But Proverbs 18:13 says that answering a matter before you hear it is folly and shame.

Perhaps if you watched it in its entirety you'd still hold the exact same opinions. But it seems a little unfair to disagree with the responses of people who did watch the video when you didn't. Just my two cents.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/19/19 5:18 pm

Post Dave, I choose not to define a person or their ministry(edit) caseyleejones
by a single action, indiscretion, blind spot, or thinking their plank is bigger than mine. I watched just enough to hear what RP said. I didn't need to hear the editorial from the other guy. What is that money used for? Maybe it is for missions which they do greatly. Maybe it is for TV time? It may be used for legit purposes. I don't know. When you are in debt or have a bigger vision than what God intended for you to have, sometimes ministers step out of the bounds of scripture. If anyone has insight as to whether the money is used for illegitimate purposes, step up.

I cannot draw the conclusions you drew which was....

RP was blaspheming God
these guys have seared consciences
They're on their way to hell
Those that follow RP are possibly subject to God's judgement

Maybe it's true, I just don't know based on a few minute video.

If your 4th comment is true, then Tom S may be hung out to dry for opening up for Joel Osteen a while back because many here see JO as a false prophet.

Then your second post gives a hint to not question you why you posted that. Frankly, I don't care that you posted that. Discussion is good. It was fair to post. But don't question you I didn't understand.

Still, I am not defending RP and I don't need to watch the editorialized version to get the point of what you are making. I get that.

No, my teethe are not grinding. But you made some very broad brush conclusions about the ministry of WHC based on a few minute video. Is the whole ministry, church, and employees corrupt? I know people who have gone there and were blessed by the church and ministry.

What he is saying...it is somewhat cringe-worthy. But I can say that every pastor I have sat under has at one time made me cringe at what was said. Many I know do it weekly under the guise of tithing. Heck, you have COG churches that are reading this who have admittedly tried to out hustle HQ when it came to TOT and training their people how to mark the envelope.

Maybe Prov 18:13 goes both ways in that seeing a microcosm of a ministry does not define the whole and you are perhaps seeing just one side. To be fair, do you know how the money is being used? Maybe it is legit? Maybe on fast cars and fast women? I doubt it is the latter. As mentioned before, I don't support or follow the ministry but know bits and pieces of the other side of the argument from people first hand.

I know I am in the minority hear and perhaps the only person attempting to look beyond a cringe-worthy moment vs. broad-brushing and burn them at the stake. I do the same with people who are divorced, make a moral failure, or just messed up.

Clearly we disagree how a ministry is to be perceived. If I have any way misrepresented what you have stated, forgive me and point it out. Perhaps...just maybe my blindspot is perhaps looking beyond cringe-worthy moments in others....

Anyway, I'll give you the last word. Blessings....
Acts-perienced Poster
6/19/19 7:21 pm

Post Re: Dave, I choose not to define a person or their ministry(edit) Dave Dorsey
caseyleejones wrote:
Then your second post gives a hint to not question you why you posted that. Frankly, I don't care that you posted that. Discussion is good. It was fair to post. But don't question you I didn't understand.

No, not at all. In the past I've just experienced people launching into me because I posted something at all, and I just wanted to make it clear that while people are free to say whatever they want, I wasn't going to reply to something like that. BTW, I don't at all think that's what you're doing and I really appreciate your contribution to the discussion even if I strongly disagree with some of your takeaways.

Thanks for the last word, I would like to use it to express my desire for God's blessings upon you and yours!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/19/19 7:39 pm

Post For the record Dave brotherjames
I watched the whole video and frankly what made me cringe was the sanctimonious, holier than thou attitude of the guy posting the video. He's got a lot of nerve I think. Btw I am not a big fan or even a little fan of Rod Parsley but this guys attitude and those of some of the posters on here bother me too. I pastored in Ohio for 25 yrs and met Rod when he was a skinny kid preaching on the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. I disagreed with him then and still do. But, that said he has said and done some very good things and said and done some stupid things. I have too. But the video guy makes me cringe the most. Acts-celerater
6/19/19 9:39 pm

Post Re: For the record Dave Dave Dorsey
brotherjames wrote:
I watched the whole video and frankly...

I strongly disagree with your conclusions, but I appreciate that you watched the video and considered it.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/20/19 4:52 am

Post Re: Didn’t watch the whole thing, but... Dean Steenburgh
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
It sounds like they were heading in the wrong direction.

Yeah, if you skip to around the 28 minute mark, they start at $10 and $100 but then they put up a graphic talking about how God is calling certain people to give $1,000.

It is beyond me how their consciences can be so seared. Especially someone like Parsley, who was on death's doorstep with cancer and survived it. I don't know how they can sleep at night and not realize they are on course to bust hell wide open.

While I do agree with you that this is totally wrong I take exception to the "busting hell wide open" opinion.
We're not their judge & nor do we know what God will do with these men & their so called 'ministry.'
I was involved in the 2006 Azusa centennial & Parsley was one of the key note speakers.
His crowd was the biggest by far & the guy was very dynamic in his oratory style.
Really have a hard time with these fund raising tactics but it's amazing how many people really adore him.
The night he was there he had his kids & his mom with him, nobody knew where the wife was but he was very quiet & didn't want to engage in any convo with us backstage. He also had a decent size security detail that went with him everywhere ...they said he had death threats on his life.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
6/22/19 3:40 pm

Post Re: For the record Dave Dean Steenburgh
brotherjames wrote:
I watched the whole video and frankly what made me cringe was the sanctimonious, holier than thou attitude of the guy posting the video. He's got a lot of nerve I think. Btw I am not a big fan or even a little fan of Rod Parsley but this guys attitude and those of some of the posters on here bother me too. I pastored in Ohio for 25 yrs and met Rod when he was a skinny kid preaching on the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. I disagreed with him then and still do. But, that said he has said and done some very good things and said and done some stupid things. I have too. But the video guy makes me cringe the most.

Same here.
The guy doing the word for word critique is a little annoying, amateurish & immature.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
6/22/19 3:43 pm

Post Re: Didn’t watch the whole thing, but... Dave Dorsey
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
While I do agree with you that this is totally wrong I take exception to the "busting hell wide open" opinion.

Fair. My hope in Christ is that God will treat me with mercy I do not deserve. It is good to hope the same for others, no matter their actions.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/22/19 4:16 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic