Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

So has anything changed???

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post So has anything changed??? Rife Stewart
So, I guess I was just bored tonight..., tired of FB, and thought, "Wonder what ACTS is like nowadays?" I have not been on the site in years, and as a matter of FACT, I used to post under the pen name "FLEETWOOD" out of fear of someone knowing that I viewed/posted on the site.

I literally was told by COG leaders that I couldn't go to "that" site or I would be fired. I was also told that one of my leaders (a state board member) viewed the site because he was...for the lack of a better word..."patrolling" to see if there were any ministers in our state that were on it. Uh...had any of these guys ever heard of the first amendment? But out of FEAR, we just continued to post under anonymity, trying not to give away too much info in our posts, so as not to "out" ourselves.

So it's been a loooong time since then. Anything changed?

Laughing
Acts-celerater
6/9/19 11:32 pm

Post Yeah, a lot has channged... Aaron Scott
We have turned into MySpace. It happened by banning people for indefinite periods of time...by too tight regulation of fusses and positions, etc.

Yet it was all well-intentioned.

But “they” won. Now, if you want to be where the action is, you have to go to the COG Facebook page, where anonymity is lost. You can still say what you want, but there is a higher price if you cross the line. Lots of things that were said/debated here cannot be broached there because of high personal cost to, if nothing else, ones reputation or forward trajectory.

We need to plan a Homecoming here. A set date...and on that date, all bans are lifted...and we start over. It may be too late, but if we want to remain a force for good, I see nothing else coming close to reviving us.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/10/19 9:56 am

Post Cojak
I was pleasantly surprised to see yourcomment on another post. Good to see your name. Yeah some things have changed, The pen name Yo Dude is no longer around. Also some very good ones have come and gone since you left. I can still learn a fact or two about scripture from some of the old salts. I spend too much time here, but it keeps me out of trouble.
Don't stay away too long!.....
Love from North Carolina
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/10/19 8:24 pm

Post Re: So has anything changed??? Resident Skeptic
Rife Stewart wrote:
So, I guess I was just bored tonight..., tired of FB, and thought, "Wonder what ACTS is like nowadays?" I have not been on the site in years, and as a matter of FACT, I used to post under the pen name "FLEETWOOD" out of fear of someone knowing that I viewed/posted on the site.

I literally was told by COG leaders that I couldn't go to "that" site or I would be fired. I was also told that one of my leaders (a state board member) viewed the site because he was...for the lack of a better word..."patrolling" to see if there were any ministers in our state that were on it. Uh...had any of these guys ever heard of the first amendment? But out of FEAR, we just continued to post under anonymity, trying not to give away too much info in our posts, so as not to "out" ourselves.

So it's been a loooong time since then. Anything changed?

Laughing

Gee. Sounds like the CoG has become the UPC.
6/10/19 8:40 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Cojak wrote:
I was pleasantly surprised to see yourcomment on another post. Good to see your name. Yeah some things have changed, The pen name Yo Dude is no longer around. Also some very good ones have come and gone since you left. I can still learn a fact or two about scripture from some of the old salts. I spend too much time here, but it keeps me out of trouble.
Don't stay away too long!.....
Love from North Carolina

I thought you were near Inverness, FL.
6/10/19 8:41 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic