Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I'd walk a mile for a Camel....

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I'd walk a mile for a Camel.... Cojak
That was a popular ad for Camel cigarettes when I was growing up.
BUT, as I grew up I heard this, even before it became part of a popular song:
Before you accuse, criticize and abuse, walk a mile in my shoes.

We all have mental fights inside our heads. Pros and cons of decisions we must make. We who detest confrontations do a lot of mental gymnastics in life's situations.

Lately That saying of walk in my shoes has been more real. Now I have known 4 people who committed suicide. One too horrible to go into detail was a distant kin on in-law side who used a shotgun to try to kill his sons, he succeeded in killing his wife then himself. Both boys will never walk again. The man was a church leader in a Charlotte Baptist church.

The one that hit me hardest was John. As we move into new communities we visit many churches. After a visit to the COG in Eustis, FL, as we left John, a soft spoken tall handsome man left us with a smile saying, 'looking for a church? you will be back, this is it.

After other visits he was right, we returned and stayed until we moved a couple years later. John had been successful, retired from a prestigious job and a beautiful home. He had a wife and grown son. He was an avid golfer, you would have thought he had the world by the tail.

NO ONE expected to hear suicide and John in the same sentence. I write this and know you all know this as well as I, maybe even more so. But no one knows YOUR innermost thoughts. We do not know anyone else's. I always wonder what it would be like to 'be in John's head for the last week of his life!'

He was a postcard for the 'Ideal Christian and church member." His pastor golfed with him regularly and NEVER suspected a problem.

I have no idea why I posted this, you guys know this. But thanks for reading and thinking. We all judge folks many times, Like looking for motorcycles, look twice, think of it, before you make that decision, we just do not know another(s) inner troubles.
Life is good and Life is precious! Idea
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/9/19 9:29 pm

Post Powerful, Cojak Aaron Scott
Indeed, we all have a “face” we put on for others, it seems. Not to be hypocritical, but to perhaps preserve privacy. Alas, we often do so at the risk of not getting the help we need. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/10/19 10:02 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic