Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Silver and gold have we plenty... (V)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Silver and gold have we plenty... (V) Dave Dorsey
Around the year 1210, St. Francis of Assisi met with Pope Innocent III. The pope showed him the Vatican's great wealth and said, "We can no longer say with Peter, 'Silver and gold have I none'."

St. Francis of Assisi replied, "Neither can you say, 'Rise and walk'."

This is an interesting, short (5m) video showing how there is nothing new under the sun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q88EXbBhyRg
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/9/19 5:55 pm

Post diakoneo
This is not only a problem with the Copeland's. The western church in general is wealthy and in need of nothing. Ken and Gloria are just symptoms of the problem. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/9/19 7:46 pm

Post Cojak
If God said it, it will be done. HOWEVER we cannot force an invalid to walk. No amount of 'positive thinking' can heal anyone if it is a physical deformity.
But if God says so no amount of teaching and therapy is needed. Peter said arise and walk and the man did. But then we all know that also.

I was raised in a parsonage, saw many 'healing lines', I have witnessed TWO miracles. One most prominent in my mind was my sister who in Shelby, NC fell and broke her arm. I still remember a compound fracture. the fore arm was distorted and she was screaming. Dad came out of the house, took her in his arms praying as he went into the Clegg St. COG and laid her on the alter and continued praying, she ceased screaming, dad lovingly re positioned the arm as he prayed and with in minutes we were back outside playing again.

I have also seen fakes, even a kid knows a fake.

I do believe a man with silver and gold and the right mind set can also pray and receive a miracle. Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/9/19 9:50 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
diakoneo wrote:
This is not only a problem with the Copeland's. The western church in general is wealthy and in need of nothing. Ken and Gloria are just symptoms of the problem.

Very true. The powerlessness is a problem with the western church in general, too!

There is something really special about how need creates a beautiful dependence on God.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/10/19 12:56 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Cojak wrote:
If God said it, it will be done. HOWEVER we cannot force an invalid to walk. No amount of 'positive thinking' can heal anyone if it is a physical deformity.
But if God says so no amount of teaching and therapy is needed. Peter said arise and walk and the man did. But then we all know that also.

Amen, Cojak.

I enjoyed reading the testimony you shared about healing, too. And I have to agree that someone with silver and gold can absolutely be used by God to heal someone, and agree with your thoughts about positive thinking, etc. as well.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/10/19 2:35 am

Post Remember the church in Revelation... Aaron Scott
That felt they were in need of nothing? Jesus let them know they were in need of virtually everything of importance. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/10/19 9:47 am

Post Darrell Garrett
I'm not even going to address the silver and gold issue... no need to. What does bother me is how it seems that so few believe in miracles today or think of them as the exception rather than the rule. I've seen and still see them regularly. Just 2 Sundays ago while preaching I stopped and spoke of feeling pain in on the right side of my back. I put my finger exactly where it was and said there is someone sitting here with a pain in this spot and God's ready to heal you. A man came from the rear of the church and we prayed and God healed him. He testified that he was in so much pain he had just told his wife that they needed to go home and that he'd been having this pain for more than a week. I asked him yesterday and he says he has had no more pain. We had a young lady in our church who had been deaf in one ear since birth healed. We had a young woman who was delivered from drug addiction but was then diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver and given less than a year to live when she was 26 years old due damage to her liver from the heavy drug use. We prayed and God gave her a brand new liver. I've sat in the doctor's office with her and seen the before and after X-rays and in the doctor's own words heard him say, "this can only be a miracle." I could go on and on, but my point is, I've seen many, many miracles. It has nothing to do with me and I in no way am trying to draw any attention to me or my church. I'm just saying that God still works miracles and we should expect them to be the norm, not the exception. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/10/19 10:43 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Darrell, I appreciate your comments and your testimonies. I have seen miracles my own eyes as well and rejoice in them. I have also prayed for people who did not receive a miracle, as I am sure you have.

I did not post this video to suggest that we should not pray for people in wheel chairs or people with significant deformities. We absolutely should -- and having the right to do so, to petition God the Father with our prayers, is an amazing part of being a believer.

With that said, I do think people who preach a doctrine of 100% healing 100% of the time, if there is enough faith, should be called to account for their own failures to produce miracles.

Guys like you and I have an easy answer to that. We're not the healers, and what happens after we pray and seek God with the measure of faith that he has given us, is not up to us.

How did those folks leave the altar that night? What did they think later on down the road? If they listened to a Kenneth Copeland sermon after that night, they would have learned that they left a guaranteed healing at the altar because of their lack of faith.

That's cruel. And saying so doesn't make me someone who doesn't believe in miracles.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/10/19 11:24 am

Post Darrell Garrett
Absolutely agree. I've seen people left hanging and feeling like they have done something wrong. I've witnessed people being told that they did not receive their healing because they did not have enough faith. That is absolutely cruel. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/10/19 11:30 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Dave Dorsey wrote:
That's cruel. And saying so doesn't make me someone who doesn't believe in miracles.

I agree with this 100%.
6/10/19 11:55 am

Post diakoneo
It really made my skin crawl when he said, "silver and gold have we plenty..." and then the audience went wild with applause. I am sorry but I believe if for some crazy reason I would have been in the audience, I would have had to make for the exit QUICK!

It seemed to me he was saying that he and is ilk were BETTER than the apostles? you know the ones who Jesus handpicked...the ones who gave their lives and livelihood for the gospel. Give me a break!
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/10/19 1:18 pm

Post Cojak
diakoneo wrote:
It really made my skin crawl when he said, "silver and gold have we plenty..." and then the audience went wild with applause. I am sorry but I believe if for some crazy reason I would have been in the audience, I would have had to make for the exit QUICK!

It seemed to me he was saying that he and is ilk were BETTER than the apostles? you know the ones who Jesus handpicked...the ones who gave their lives and livelihood for the gospel. Give me a break!

I am not sure of the context of the statement, but I cannot see any logical place that statement could fit.
Besides, I do agree with your comment. Somethings are just hard to fathom!
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/10/19 7:26 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic