Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

How heartbreak can kill you

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post How heartbreak can kill you doyle
https://www.studyfinds.org/how-heartbreak-can-kill-you-grief-causes-deadly-inflammation/
6/4/19 10:10 am

Post Bro Bob
I am not seeking or asking for your sympathy, that I have in abundance. Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears.

Life is precious. It is a gift from the creator of everything.

Death has never come closer to me than that of my grandparents... Until April 27th 2019, when Regina left.

The death was expected, only the timing was uncertain. The death could not have been more peaceful, and that was merciful.

The funeral and graveside were as painful as I always knew they would be.

But I was not ready for what followed.

Someone told me that grieving comes from the same source that the love had come from before. Grieving is love that has no place to go, cannot find its intended.

When we lost our first two children by miscarriage, we grieved. The love for them had already formed inside us, but we never met those two children, and more than that, we had each other to love and hold and comfort the other. The sadness remained for a long time, but the pressure of the grieving didn't last that long.

But this time, I did know her. I shared my whole life with her. And when I came home for the first time ever to a house with only one inhabitant, I had also lost the one person who could hold me and love me and ease my pain.

I am saying this as a warning to those of you who are just like me and Gina. Turn off the TV. Put down your fork. Look into each others face the way you did on your wedding day. This loss is very different.

The same way your car runs on gas, life itself runs on tankful after tankful of hope for good days ahead.

For one of you, the day will come, when your tank of hope will run dry.

My spiritual gift is that of a watchman. Someone chosen by his fellows as naturally enabled to hear what others don't hear, and sense when something is not right.

I am sounding the alarm to all, who like me, are just living life day to day as if my blessings would last until I was called home. Look into her face. Hold her close. Release all the love you can find before it turns into grief.
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
6/5/19 12:39 am

Post Cojak
I seldom quote a longish quote, but this one deserved it, IMHO

Bro Bob wrote:
I am not seeking or asking for your sympathy, that I have in abundance. Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears.

Life is precious. It is a gift from the creator of everything.

Death has never come closer to me than that of my grandparents... Until April 27th 2019, when Regina left.

The death was expected, only the timing was uncertain. The death could not have been more peaceful, and that was merciful.

The funeral and graveside were as painful as I always knew they would be.

But I was not ready for what followed.

Someone told me that grieving comes from the same source that the love had come from before. Grieving is love that has no place to go, cannot find its intended.

When we lost our first two children by miscarriage, we grieved. The love for them had already formed inside us, but we never met those two children, and more than that, we had each other to love and hold and comfort the other. The sadness remained for a long time, but the pressure of the grieving didn't last that long.

But this time, I did know her. I shared my whole life with her. And when I came home for the first time ever to a house with only one inhabitant, I had also lost the one person who could hold me and love me and ease my pain.

I am saying this as a warning to those of you who are just like me and Gina. Turn off the TV. Put down your fork. Look into each others face the way you did on your wedding day. This loss is very different.

The same way your car runs on gas, life itself runs on tankful after tankful of hope for good days ahead.

For one of you, the day will come, when your tank of hope will run dry.

My spiritual gift is that of a watchman. Someone chosen by his fellows as naturally enabled to hear what others don't hear, and sense when something is not right.

I am sounding the alarm to all, who like me, are just living life day to day as if my blessings would last until I was called home. Look into her face. Hold her close. Release all the love you can find before it turns into grief.

Thanks for the Original Post Doyle.
And more thanks than I can muster BB for this comment.
I just read it to my wife, we are together 24/7 now. We KNOW (but know we cannot KNOW the heart break) that is coming baring something that takes us together. We are cherishing our time reaching our 80s I thought the feelings would have to be different, but most likely I am more dependent on that girl.

Anyway my friend you are in our prayers.
JAck & Sherry
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/5/19 9:12 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic