Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Do we still think that church problems can be fixed...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Do we still think that church problems can be fixed... roughridercog
With just the right sermon?
6/21/19 8:23 am

Post sheepdogandy
Depends on the problem. Wink

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/21/19 8:32 am

Post Da Sheik
In my experience, the ones who need the sermon don’t realize it applies to them Twisted Evil

Looking back, there are times when I went to the pulpit but I should have gone to the person(s) in private. But then there are times when I feel it is appropriate. Paul immortalized two ladies in Phillippi that couldn’t seem to get along with one another.

Honestly, prayer has solved more of my problems than any of my sermons ever have.
Acts Enthusiast
6/21/19 9:44 am

Post Travis Johnson
When I’m tempted to be a sharp shooter from the pulpit, I remember something my grandfather told me. He said, “don’t shoot at goats from the pulpit. They’re hard headed. The bullets ricochet and his sheep instead.”

Smile
Acts-dicted
6/21/19 11:24 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Travis Johnson wrote:
When I’m tempted to be a sharp shooter from the pulpit, I remember something my grandfather told me. He said, “don’t shoot at goats from the pulpit. They’re hard headed. The bullets ricochet and his sheep instead.”

Smile

Reminds me of a quote I heard recently. There's no sense in teaching people how to do things until they have received hearts that want to.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/21/19 11:41 am

Post Cojak
Travis Johnson wrote:

Smile

I'm smiling here. I shared that with my wife, and she said, "That sounds like Brother Johnson!". She said I think RP was Travis's Grandpa! Smile Smile Cool If not, RP was loved and well respected... anyway... Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/21/19 9:58 pm

Post Cojak
Da Sheik wrote:
In my experience, the ones who need the sermon don’t realize it applies to them Twisted Evil

Looking back, there are times when I went to the pulpit but I should have gone to the person(s) in private. But then there are times when I feel it is appropriate. Paul immortalized two ladies in Phillippi that couldn’t seem to get along with one another.

Honestly, prayer has solved more of my problems than any of my sermons ever have.

I love your honesty and humility, That last statement should be digested by more men/women in authority! Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/21/19 10:00 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic