Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Any Roy Moore fans this time around?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Any Roy Moore fans this time around? Dave Dorsey
I think I can almost wrap my mind around the support Roy Moore got 'round these parts in 2017, given that the general came down to him and Democrat Doug Jones.

But ol' Roy has decided he wants another go at it and is competing in a primary against GOP Congressman Bradley Byrne.

The president says Moore can't win and needs to stay out of the race. What say you?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/29/19 11:08 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
IF you are GOP and lose in Alabama - you are a loser.

Stay out.
5/29/19 11:28 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
IF you are GOP and lose in Alabama - you are a loser.

I know that's right!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/29/19 11:36 am

Post Bro Bob
Matthew 10:

16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;

18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.

19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
5/29/19 12:47 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Bro Bob, is it your suggestion that the opposition to Roy Moore pertains to this passage?

If so -- are you a "yea" for Moore in the primary?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/29/19 12:55 pm

Post Bro Bob
Jesus said we would be hated if we stood for him. It is not a lack of supporters, it is a plethora of haters that gave us the result in Alabama in the special election.

Mitch McConnell hand picked Luther Strange, a lobbyist. The GOP spent over $30M to try to get anybody except Judge Moore, and he still won over Trump supported and good guy Mo Brooks.

The dems then matched that with another $30M and lots of free TV time built around a well timed pair of lies, later proven to be false. They stunk worse than the Kavanough mess.

Richard Shelby then played the final card.

Even all of that would not have worked in a regular election with normal turn-out.

I wish Judge Moore would not run again. He doesn't owe Alabama any more sacrifice. And to be a "good senator" you have to be a good liar, and backroom con man.

He is neither. He is a loyal follower of his savior. He is a natural patriot. Either of those two things will get you nowhere in Washington DC.
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
5/29/19 1:26 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Moore's accusers have been completely discredited. But I am not convinced he should run.
5/29/19 5:42 pm

Post Cojak
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Moore's accusers have been completely discredited. But I am not convinced he should run.

I agree RS, and a well timed couple or more accusers could cause a rerun! It is a shame our politics drops so low on both sides of the aisles. Basically, "Anything to WIN!"

There are many casualties in this war, Both politics and religious. Crying or Very sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/29/19 8:49 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Apparently all we know is a 30 something Roy Moore liked to date 18 year old girls(perhaps younger). Moore even said he never dated girls without their mother's permission. These were confessions from Moore - not the fake accusations.

That's a problem.

I don't think he can win an election.
5/30/19 6:47 am

Post I agree with RS....Accusations flew on him.... caseyleejones
but it was never followed up. Total hit job.

Still he should not run.
Acts-perienced Poster
5/30/19 7:38 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Apparently all we know is a 30 something Roy Moore liked to date 18 year old girls(perhaps younger). Moore even said he never dated girls without their mother's permission. These were confessions from Moore - not the fake accusations.

That's a problem.

Yeah, not sure I get the "totally discredited" thing -- Moore himself admitted his predilection for younger girls. He was also a leading voice in the birther conspiracy, spent time with people who promoted Sandy Hook as a false flag attack, is a huge fan of Putin whom he said is "more akin to me than I know", and founded a non-profit that had issues filing correct tax returns. On top of everything else, he has had open ties to neo-confederate and white nationalist groups.

But even if all of that wasn't the case, I'd have a real hard time buying the selfless Christian patriot stuff given the fact that he's running again. He already handed a Senate seat in Alabama -- ALABAMA! -- to the Democrats. It's virtually certain he'd do that again as the nominee, except this time it will be for six years instead of two. Wouldn't a selfless patriot demure for the sake of his state and his party?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/30/19 8:43 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:

That's a problem.

Yeah, not sure I get the "totally discredited" thing -- Moore himself admitted his predilection for younger girls. He was also a leading voice in the birther conspiracy, spent time with people who promoted Sandy Hook as a false flag attack, is a huge fan of Putin whom he said is "more akin to me than I know", and founded a non-profit that had issues filing correct tax returns. On top of everything else, he has had open ties to neo-confederate and white nationalist groups.

But even if all of that wasn't the case, I'd have a real hard time buying the selfless Christian patriot stuff given the fact that he's running again. He already handed a Senate seat in Alabama -- ALABAMA! -- to the Democrats. It's virtually certain he'd do that again as the nominee, except this time it will be for six years instead of two. Wouldn't a selfless patriot demure for the sake of his state and his party?

Are you sure you want to go with this "ties to neo-Confederates and white nationalists groups" mantra? Are you sure that is accurate?
5/30/19 1:14 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Are you sure you want to go with this "ties to neo-Confederates and white nationalists groups" mantra? Are you sure that is accurate?

I'm not sure these are going to seem very damning to you, but yeah, Moore is a fan of neo-Confederate and white supremacist groups.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/09/27/politics/kfile-roy-moore-secession-day-events/index.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-roy-moore-white-supremacist-league-of-the-south-michael-david-peroutka-alabama-election-a7986936.html

https://www.al.com/news/2015/06/roy_moore_once_addressed_white.html
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/30/19 2:42 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

I'm not sure these are going to seem very damning to you, but yeah, Moore is a fan of neo-Confederate and white supremacist groups.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/09/27/politics/kfile-roy-moore-secession-day-events/index.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-roy-moore-white-supremacist-league-of-the-south-michael-david-peroutka-alabama-election-a7986936.html

https://www.al.com/news/2015/06/roy_moore_once_addressed_white.html

Quote:
The events, held at the Foundation for Moral Law's building in 2009 and 2010, promoted a history of the Civil War sympathetic to the Confederate cause, in which the conflict is presented as one fought over the federal government violating the South's sovereignty as opposed to one fought chiefly over the preservation of slavery.

Holding to this view of the Civil War does not constitute an endorsement of white supremacy. I firmly embrace the view that the war was one of aggression by the northern business elite who used the agency of the Federal Government to violate the sovereignty of several States who had chosen to withdraw from the Union. After 3 years in a Masters program, I am more convinced of this than ever.

As for the League of the South. It is not a hate group. My biggest problem with them is that they advocate using the Federal Government of an independent southern republic to impose southern and Celtic culture on society. They even endorse driving out businesses like McDonald's. As much as I love the South, I do not see it as government's place in promoting "culture". Though it is just as wrong for government to try to destroy culture, which is happening now.

So, all in all, I see no problem with Moore honoring his Confederate anscestors who fought to keep Alabama free and independent.

Having said all of that, he probably still needs to call it a day. He would be better served running for State or local office.
5/30/19 3:58 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Holding to this view of the Civil War does not constitute an endorsement of white supremacy.

I don't necessarily contest this. Supporting the establishment of "a free and independent Southern republic" is definitely neo-confederate, though.

Anyway, yeah, like you said, it doesn't really matter. He already gave the Dems the seat for two years and now he wants to do it for six. I'm not seeing the selfless service in that.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/30/19 4:28 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Holding to this view of the Civil War does not constitute an endorsement of white supremacy.

I don't necessarily contest this. Supporting the establishment of "a free and independent Southern republic" is definitely neo-confederate, though.

Anyway, yeah, like you said, it doesn't really matter. He already gave the Dems the seat for two years and now he wants to do it for six. I'm not seeing the selfless service in that.

Great mayor or State Representative, or maybe Alabama Attorney General.
5/30/19 7:06 pm

Post For some people .. Rafael D Martinez
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

... the Civil War never ended.

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Galatians 4:16

These are trying times. Everyone's trying something and getting caught. The Church Lady, 1987
Acts-dicted
5/31/19 11:32 am

Post Re: For some people .. Resident Skeptic
Rafael D Martinez wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

... the Civil War never ended.

Well, when the secularist leftists cease attacking the south, we will gladly stop resisting. Frankly, in the long run, the south has emerged as the most Christ honoring region of the nation. The region that vanquished us is completely apostate. I am prouder than ever to be from the south where we are trying to make our states into a refuge for unborn black children.
5/31/19 12:34 pm

Post Cojak
I know people who make the 'stupid' statement, "WE NEED A CIVIL WAR" have never considered the results of armed rebellion. Gettysburg would be a picnic compared to a REAL Armed revolt of John Brown citizens.

YES we do need a lot of fixing, but it should be in our Executive and legislative branches.

Some southerners are ready to shoot 'Them Yankees'. and have never met the real red necks from Rondout Valley and 90% of NY, one could be asking for trouble.!
Just saying.... (We need NO WAR amongst ourselves! EVER).

Sorry to ramble... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/31/19 11:37 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic