Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

How long until someone brings charges against an AB for lying?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post How long until someone brings charges against an AB for lying? Judge Roy Bean
It's been done plenty of times I tell you what. I think a session in my bear cage would straighten one of them yahoos out.
Have we created a system that necessitates lying to churches and ministers?
5/22/19 12:19 pm

Post Darrell Garrett
One of my former pastors was known for frequently saying, "There won't be an Overseer in Heaven because they all speak with forked tongue." Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/22/19 10:11 pm

Post Cojak
I would be very surprised if someone could actually prove (with evidence) that an overseer had lied.

Anyone that 'wrong' would cover themselves.

That said, many things are said that are taken as they were meant, but could other wise have been interpreted differently at a hearing. There is also the statement, "I said that in jest, I was sure the pastor understood that."

A minister very close to me told me he was told a 'story' by a leading official in the presence of his men's council.

The 'story' was, "If you and your church will do this for me, I will come and preach for you one weekend this summer."
After the favor was done, nothing else was heard from the official, and calls were not returned.

That could have been a lie or an honest oversight, but the pastor and his council was very hurt.

I did not mean to be illusive. The favor requested was that the men of the church supervise the parking and ushers for an up coming event. It was a dusty summer and the men of the church remembered it vividly! Crying or Very sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/22/19 10:36 pm

Post I have heard with my own ears.... Rife Stewart
Once in a meeting where the overseer was presenting a name for a new pastor, someone asked if they could submit their associate pastor's name for their new pastor. The state overseer (who is still an official in the COG today) said "Our minutes do not allow for such a move. The associate pastor would have to resign and be placed at another church for a period of time, before he could be submitted." WHAT?? I was flabbergasted. I was among 4-5 COG ministers that attended that church...I was very young in the ministry...just had my licensed minister credentials, but I thought, "Will all these ordained pastors just sit here and just allow this LIE to be said?"

The fact is the AB wanted to place the man...(a former AB) in this church and that is exactly what happened. Saw a church of over 500 fall to almost 200 under his leadership. Sad.

So yeah. They do lie.
Acts-celerater
6/9/19 11:05 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic