Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Pray for Bro. Bob

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Pray for Bro. Bob Carolyn Smith
Please pray for Bro. Bob, one of our longtime posters who doesn't visit too often anymore...

I saw on Facebook that his wife Regina passed away yesterday. I'm sure he would appreciate our prayers.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/28/19 7:02 pm

Post Cojak
Thanks Carolyn, I cannot imagine the feelings of losing a mate. Prayers for Bro Bob and family! Crying or Very sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
4/28/19 8:40 pm

Post Cojak
I left off from here on my merry way then thought, I have missed Bro Bob! I am so sorry for his loss! Crying or Very sad Embarassed
4/28/19 9:24 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Oh no! I wonder if this was some sort of delayed complication due to her accident! May God strengthen Bob and his family.
4/29/19 4:55 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Oh my goodness. Carolyn, thank you so much for sharing this here. I will be praying. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/29/19 12:25 pm

Post Bro Bob
Thank you Carolyn.

Yes, the accident in March 2015 killed her, it just took 4 years for the resulting complications to do it. She was a feisty fighter.

I have never been with a person when they died, and was very relieved to see how peaceful it was for her.

Thank you to the rest of you who have called her name and mine in your appeals to the creator. I have been gradually prepared for this by Him, and yet I find myself in a very dark place with no clue what path to take now.

Bro Tom Sterbens sent me a link to the first song he has written in over 8 years, and it is so powerful and on point. If you are friends with Tom on FB you can go to his FB page and scroll down to a video where a young lady is dancing ballet style to it. The song was originally titled Wait on the Lord. To most listeners, it is just a sad song. but to anyone in this place I now find myself, it is not. It is comforting. It is reassuring. It is instructive.

Again, thanks to all.

Last edited by Bro Bob on 5/11/19 6:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
5/11/19 4:36 am

Post Travis Johnson
That Tom Sterbens is a real gift in tough times. What a beautiful song for special people. I’m praying for you...peace and strength for the journey. You’re truly a blessing and loved. Acts-dicted
5/11/19 8:56 am

Post Cojak
Bro Bob wrote:
Thank you Carolyn.

Thank you to the rest of you who have called her name and mine in your appeals to the creator. I have been gradually prepared for this by Him, and yet I find myself in a very dark place with no clue what path to take now.

Again, thanks to all.

I just looked over at my wife of 62 yrs, I CANNOT IMAGINE your hurt. Prayers continue my friend. The LIGHT will shine again! Smile
5/11/19 11:31 am

Post Bro Bob
I couldn't have imagined it either Cojak.

I do have one to share with the acts-bunch.

A week or so before she died, I was about to head home for the evening and when it was time to kiss her goodbye I was worried that I might not get enough warning that time was short and make it back to B'ham.

As I leaned in I stopped short and said, Now babe, I know our vows were til death us do part. And I know that Jesus hammered something home about no marrying in heaven when replying to the Sadducees who brought out their "Whose wife will she be?" riddle.

So if we are not married in Heaven, I hope it will be ok with you if we still hang out?

She smiled one of those, you know I don't want to smile and encourage your humor smiles, and then cocked her head to the side and said, You know I would like that.
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
5/11/19 5:25 pm

Post Cojak
Love from here Bob. I just shared that with my wife. Shucks, she went to a church ladies breakfast this morning and I missed her. We did get a kick of out of the conversation. Just know our hearts and prayers are your way. God's comfort your way, we pray! Cool
5/11/19 8:06 pm

Post diakoneo
Bro Bob wrote:
I couldn't have imagined it either Cojak.

I do have one to share with the acts-bunch.

A week or so before she died, I was about to head home for the evening and when it was time to kiss her goodbye I was worried that I might not get enough warning that time was short and make it back to B'ham.

As I leaned in I stopped short and said, Now babe, I know our vows were til death us do part. And I know that Jesus hammered something home about no marrying in heaven when replying to the Sadducees who brought out their "Whose wife will she be?" riddle.

So if we are not married in Heaven, I hope it will be ok with you if we still hang out?

She smiled one of those, you know I don't want to smile and encourage your humor smiles, and then cocked her head to the side and said, You know I would like that.

Prayers for Grace and Peace to you my brother!
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/12/19 8:32 am

Post georgiapath
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the hurt. Acts-dicted
5/19/19 8:10 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic