Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Putting Trumps personal behavior aside(tweets, personal attacks...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Putting Trumps personal behavior aside(tweets, personal attacks... caseyleejones
etc...), do you agree with his policies and accomplishments?

King David was a man of war and God disqualified him...or at least what I read from building the temple.

David shed a great amount of blood. We're talking about swords. Not just stabbing of adults but slitting of throats of his enemies and likely killing of children and infants. He committed adultery later and then murdered the husband. We praise David in our sermons and all.

David set the stage for Solomon to build the temple. God required David to pave the way but at the same time God's requirement of him disqualified him.

We talk about our Godly heritage and our founding fathers and our founding fathers don't seem real Godly.

The utter corruption and stench of our politicians has reached a pinnacle. Could a mild mannered Mike Pence deal with and break that?

While I cannot embrace Trumps behavior, I do feel his policies closely align with many christian values we embrace. You also needed an incendiary individual who was not bought by one of the two political parties. He has been good to the church. Bottom line, his policies are sound and I can separate him from the policies.
Acts-perienced Poster
5/12/19 8:07 am

Post Eddie Robbins
It’s kinda like a church accepting lottery winnings. Some would because of what it would do to help the church and others wouldn’t because it is corrupt money. Acts-pert Poster
5/12/19 2:45 pm

Post Travis Johnson
Donald Trump is a product of politicians who say what they need to say and do something different. I find it more repulsive to be lied to by decades of politicians than to have someone that is coarse in speech and does what he says.

Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders are largely a response to political hypocrisy.

Trump on China? Spot on.
Trump on religious freedom? Spot on.

Have you ever been in a hit and run by an uninsured illegal immigrant? I have. I’m not against immigration. Our policies need to protect Americans. Trump’s policy on immigration is correct.

Obstruction of justice? Yep.. people who all for the dismantling of ICE and release criminal immigrants into sanctuary cities. That’s obstruction of justice.

He is crass. But, he is honest about his policies.

I’d rather have that than someone who is polite as they stab you in the back.
Acts-dicted
5/12/19 2:53 pm

Post The thing about Trump... Aaron Scott
Trump does pretty much what all politicians do...except he doesn't dress it up as nice for public consumption.

I think Democrats fear him (and Bernie) because they ARE an alternative to the business-as-usual-do-nothing politicians. Trump is too rich to be bought...and Bernie is too ideological to go with the highest bidder.

I don't know of any politicians (although I'm sure there have to be some) who have not made deals with the devil, so to speak, who have not said one thing and did another, etc.

Trump, for all his shortcomings, at least has tried to deliver on his promises. It might be that if he had been all sweet and cuddly, the Democrats would have worked with him more (but that would have resulted in a diluted, compromising situation that doesn't work well for anyone).

Trump is the Nathan Bedford Forrest (NBF--hey!) of politicians (and I am not referring to Forrest's KKK connections). Forrest boiled war down to its purest essence when he said, "War means fightin', and fightin' means killin'." Trump "gets" that we are in a war for the life and soul of our nation, and he is willing to use hard tactics to carry the day. Every other politician tried to be nice (with a few exceptions beginning at the original badboy of politics, Andrew Jackson).

You can be sure the Democrats will not hesitate one moment to eviscerate any good that got done on Trump's watch. Ginsberg is doing her best to hold out (and others may to) until the Democrats come back to power. If so, and if they have to means, they will respond by doing all they can to turn our nation into the sissies they are.

The Republicans are sissies too. But at least Trump isn't. He has been hit at harder and longer than any president in my lifetime, including Nixon.

Hilary tried to act "above" all the political knife fighting, and so she found herself rightly relegated to eventual obscurity. I don't know of a single Democrat candidate that wants her to share the stage or campaign with them.

Trump came to win, and he did. And he's playing to win now, even though I don't like his methods. Sadly, it is likely that his are the only methods that will work.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/12/19 5:01 pm

Post UncleJD
You know old Balam was a horse's <you-know-what>, but he sure was the right one for the job. I don't know why God uses guys like this, but I suspect its His way to sift some tares and wheat. I know there's a lot of fallout over it too, but God's big enough to deal with that as well. I didn't want him, but I'll be voting for him again in 2020, this time with much less hesitation. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/13/19 9:16 am

Post Cojak
Eddie Robbins wrote:
It’s kinda like a church accepting lottery winnings. Some would because of what it would do to help the church and others wouldn’t because it is corrupt money.

Off the OP but.......

Is that like accepting tithe money from an adulterer? Once it is known, does any church return it? Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/13/19 10:51 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Cojak wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
It’s kinda like a church accepting lottery winnings. Some would because of what it would do to help the church and others wouldn’t because it is corrupt money.

Off the OP but.......

Is that like accepting tithe money from an adulterer? Once it is known, does any church return it? Shocked

Exactly.
5/13/19 11:15 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Cojak wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:

Off the OP but.......

Like I said. Some would and some wouldn’t. I don’t believe I was arguing a position.
Acts-pert Poster
5/13/19 3:05 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
I think the church today is pretty consistent.

Trump is ok since he does what we want.

Legalism has swung the other way from my upbringing in the 60s and 70s.
I went to a church that Beaulah would have been very comfortable in as a teenager. I had hair over my ears and was thus relegated to the back row and considered a vile sinner - even though I truly lived a relatively sin-free life - much better than all those folks sitting in judgment of me and wanting me to pray through. I just didn't get what the problem was.

Now - it is the opposite. Adultery, fornication, greed, gay sex - all ok if you personally know the person and they are otherwise "nice" people.

The church today is as unified today as they have ever been. Pretty much anything goes as long as you are a nice person or related. You might could live a better life if you gave up some of those things - but you are still a Christian if you don't give anything up - you are still just a "baby" Christian. God understands. God ain't really sending anyone to hell anyway, right.

Love wins!
Adultery wins!
Greed wins!
Gay sex wins!
Winning!
"We're winning so much - we are going to get tired of winning!"
5/13/19 3:19 pm

Post Cojak
Eddie Robbins wrote:

Like I said. Some would and some wouldn’t. I don’t believe I was arguing a position.

Sorry Eddie I guess I was reading too much into that statement. Wink Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
5/13/19 4:14 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Cojak wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:

Sorry Eddie I guess I was reading too much into that statement. Wink Smile

I was just doing a comparison to help give it a little more context. We have had that discussion before about whether or not churches would accept tithes from lottery winnings.
Acts-pert Poster
5/13/19 5:53 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic