Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Key Washers

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Key Washers Carolyn Smith
I posted this on Facebook yesterday...thought those of you who are not on FB much might be blessed by it. The couple mentioned died when their small plane crashed last week, returning from a visit to see their son & his family.

This week many people were shocked and saddened to learn of the tragic passing of a precious couple, Alan and Susan Stancill, who not only owned Stancill's Wild Game Meat Processing, but were rare and wonderful people who were known for their love and compassion and their passion for the Lord. Though we were not close friends, they were church friends we had known for many years and have watched their kids grow up. Susan was one of the "church mamas" that was there for my kids and encouraged and prayed for them all in their teen years.

I attended the homegoing service this afternoon. It was touching in places, funny in places, and it brought comfort to many, I'm sure. But Michael's story about the key washers is the one that will stick with me forever. Susan's son, "not a preacher," gave the most profound message as he shared about a key found in the wreckage that was blackened with soot and ash and almost unrecognizable as a key that as he washed and restored it, questioned God with tears as he worked on it, asking "Why?" (as many others have this week, also.) The Lord showed him as he scrubbed, that this key was like his parents' lives. They took people who were dirtied by life, crusty and covered over with pain and despair, and they washed them with God's love and helped clean them up and find their purpose again. Heads nodded in agreement that this perfectly represented this selfless couple who lived to bless and encourage others.
So simple, and yet, so profound.

Thank you, Susan and Alan, for living humble lives, dedicated to serving and loving others more than yourselves. You taught us well by your example. Give us more key washers, Lord.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/29/21 9:35 pm

Post Cojak
Thanks Carolyn! Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/1/21 10:12 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic