Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

You can get an idea of someone saved or not if they smoke, use tobacco
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Dave Dorsey
sheepdogandy wrote:
Uncle Dave.

Where do you go to Church?

http://gracecommunity.org/
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/29/19 9:14 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Honestly, Andy, I've been there.

"Ah man, the preacher's going up. This doesn't feel anything like the praise service just did. It feels like all the air just went out of the room. I guess he missed the flow of what God wanted to do in this service."

But I thought that because I had a seriously impoverished view of God's word.

There is more, deeper and better!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/29/19 9:39 am

Post sheepdogandy
12. BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT
The Holy Spirit indwells, sanctifies, and empowers believers for Christian witness and service. The Baptism in the Holy Spirit is the receiving of the Person of the Holy Spirit at the moment of salvation and includes both the indwelling and filling of the Spirit. A believer's being filled with the Spirit, and any number of manifestations of the same, may also occur at various times subsequent to salvation. Speaking in tongues, prophesying, and the manifestation of other spiritual gifts may accompany both initial and subsequent fillings of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit desires to fill each believer and provide power to witness, and imparts His supernatural gifts for the edification of the Body and the work of ministry in the world. All the gifts of the Holy Spirit at work in the church of the first century are available today and are earnestly to be desired and expected.

Copied this from your Church web site.

My bold emphasis.

Answered all of my questions. Rolling Eyes

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/29/19 9:44 am

Post Dave Dorsey
sheepdogandy wrote:
Answered all of my questions. Rolling Eyes

Of course it did. This whole thread, I've referenced multiple passages of Scripture across multiple posts to ground my explanation of the working of the ministry of God the Holy Spirit and the Word in God's self-revelation to us.

You have shared zero scripture (aside from Acts 2:12, which was followed by one of the longest sermons in the Bible) and have instead chosen to justify your traditions with your experiences and by calling into question the legitimacy of my experience with the Holy Spirit and by attacking my church's beliefs (also absent any Scripture on your part).

That does indeed say all that needs to be said. Good day, Andy.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/29/19 9:49 am

Post Da Sheik
There are any number of things that people use as a litmus test for salvation that have no basis in scripture. Admittedly, I'm sure I've been just as guilty as others in my younger days. Truly Jesus spoke when He said the traditions of men make the Word of God of none effect. Acts Enthusiast
4/29/19 9:59 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Dave Dorsey wrote:
NBF, I think that's fair. Earlier I said, regarding God changing His people, "This can happen without a formal sermon. But this does not and cannot happen apart from God's word."

My original point was not to say a sermon must always be preached -- though Scripture is clear IMO that the proclamation of God's word is to be the preeminent, most prominent quality of our gatherings, I cannot find any verse that says there must always be a sermon -- but instead to highlight the Pentecostal tradition of using the absence of a sermon as a barometer of a service's quality.

I get that that's not the intent of the folks making the statement, but I contend the words are reflective of an underlying belief and misunderstanding of the ministries of the Word and the Spirit (as has been demonstrated, IMO, in this thread).

I agree with this.

The WORD must have the preeminence.
4/29/19 10:02 am

Post sheepdogandy
Dave, I am sure you are a good ol Baptist.

I was raised Southern Baptist myself.

I love Baptists.

Great people.

Like you they identify the Pentecostal experience emotionally.

Ol Bro Jed "got happy".

That ain't it.

The Pentecostal experience is more than emotions.

I can, have and do defend our Faith and Practice.

From the Scriptures.

I am in good company.

Batts, Arrington, Clendennen, Messer etc...

The book of Acts is a continuing account of the works of the Holy Spirit.

Dealing with people.

Lifting up Jesus.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/29/19 10:57 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic