Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Disappearing Act?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Disappearing Act? Waambulance Man
I noticed a church plant that had been really hyped in Illinois is suddenly just gone. Every mention and photo of this plant in Moline has been erased from memory. The Illinois face book page and website have been scrubbed and I tried talking with pastors and no one is saying a word. State Council members have said they cannot talk about it. One former pastor said that the church is no more and almost $40,000 was wasted on this church with nothing to show for the investment after a year. Something sure seems wrong here. Hey, DOC
4/6/19 10:00 am

Post Tom Sterbens
What is/was the name of the church? Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
4/6/19 10:25 am

Post Darrell Garrett
I was asked about this church a few weeks ago myself and was unaware that it was gone. It was in Moline, IL but I don't know the name of the church. I do not know this to be fact, but I was told by someone who was attending the church that the couple who had planted the church just left with no warning and without telling the AB and that no one knew they were gone for more than a month that they were gone. It's a shame because by all accounts the plant was going pretty well. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/6/19 10:42 am

Post Cojak
Don't you just love a mystery? Shocked Is it necessary? The mystery I mean? Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
4/6/19 12:18 pm

Post Case of the disappearing church? roughridercog
Call Scooby Do and the gang.

I wonder if David Copperfield could make a church and all that money disappear.

Okay, maybe the money.

The solution is simple. Someone needs to follow the money trail. An audit perhaps?
4/6/19 8:27 pm

Post Get a guilty party in my courtroom Judge Roy Bean
I will put them in the bear cage, I tell you what. So who is gonna answer for this? Or is it gonna be swept under the rug?
I'm keepin the bear hungry just in case it's needed.
4/8/19 6:50 am

Post AdamJ
Another sad day. Planting is more difficult than most people think. Especially in an area that no one even knows what the COG is. I’m glad the COG tried. I wonder how much Training the planter had? If it is true that the State invested that much in a planter they did not know would leave you scratching your head. I assuming he was not a native son of the state. Hey, DOC
4/9/19 12:33 am

Post roughridercog
AdamJ wrote:
Another sad day. Planting is more difficult than most people think. Especially in an area that no one even knows what the COG is. I’m glad the COG tried. I wonder how much Training the planter had? If it is true that the State invested that much in a planter they did not know would leave you scratching your head. I assuming he was not a native son of the state.

Is the official response "Don't ask. Don't tell?"

Just asking the hard question.
4/9/19 6:48 am

Post Waambulance Man
Quote:
Is the official response "Don't ask. Don't tell?"

Just asking the hard question.

Sure seems like it there is an all out effort to hide this and hope that people forget it was there. No one is talking and have even said that they were told not to talk about it.
Hey, DOC
4/9/19 2:28 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Somebody get the names and city / state of this problem.

What would be wrong with telling what happened? For goodness sake - at least let the $40,000 spent be a teaching moment - do a post-mortem on what happened, what went right, what went wrong, what caused the ultimate failure, what cold we have done differently to potentially keep this from failing? Surely there must be lessons that every state planter/state office could learn from, right?

Am I the only one that sees this?
4/9/19 3:29 pm

Post Darrell Garrett
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Somebody get the names and city / state of this problem.

What would be wrong with telling what happened? For goodness sake - at least let the $40,000 spent be a teaching moment - do a post-mortem on what happened, what went right, what went wrong, what caused the ultimate failure, what cold we have done differently to potentially keep this from failing? Surely there must be lessons that every state planter/state office could learn from, right?

Am I the only one that sees this?

I posted above that it was in Moline, IL. Since posting it I've been accused of trying to stir up trouble by revealing that information. I don't understand that thinking. It is what it is. I promise you that the AB felt very good about the couple coming into plant this church and cannot be faulted for what has happened. I have no idea what happened or what prompted the couple to abandon the church, but I do not see their actions as a negative on the State or the AB. Personally, I think things like this should never been hidden, so as to help prevent it from happening again. Years ago in this state an issue was hidden/swept under the rug and that same couple was later given a large amount of money to plant a church. That couple pulled a Houdini, sneaking out of the State under the cover of darkness and that money was never recovered. I say turn on the lights!
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/9/19 7:26 pm

Post cogcia
Unless there was something the state did wrong why would you not put the cards on the table. If you don’t talk about it in light it will be talked about with misinformation.
The Midwest is full of great cities that has no COG presents. Not sure bringing southern guys would be as effective as raising up local sons, but local sons get no respect in many areas. What works in Atlanta may not in Chicago Or what works in Birmingham may not work in Moline. I’ve seen the AG be effective at raising up local sons and daughters.
Friendly Face
4/9/19 9:15 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
cogcia wrote:
Unless there was something the state did wrong why would you not put the cards on the table.

If the state did something wrong - even more reason to let everyone know what happened - so we could learn from it.

I guarantee you that Microsoft, Apple, Fidelity, etc...does post mortems on every project - whether they fail - or whether they are a success.

In fact, you will learn more by reviewing your failures - at least you should - unless you don't reflect on the project and honestly seek out what happened.

C'mon - if were going to get any good at this - we got to learn from our mistakes - or we should have just let the COG embezzler take another $40,000 from our pockets. At least he temporarily got something out of it. We got nothing.
Evil or Very Mad
4/10/19 1:23 pm

Post Darrell Garrett
I have no dog in this hunt, but I want to interject that to say $40K was embezzled is not accurate. The money (at least from what I know) was spent in the plant effort, but for whatever reason, the church planter walked away, abandoning the plant thereby killing it. We might say the money was wasted or even accuse that it was misused, (no evidence of that) but to say it was just taken is incorrect. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/10/19 2:11 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Darrell Garrett wrote:
I have no dog in this hunt, but I want to interject that to say $40K was embezzled is not accurate. The money (at least from what I know) was spent in the plant effort, but for whatever reason, the church planter walked away, abandoning the plant thereby killing it. We might say the money was wasted or even accuse that it was misused, (no evidence of that) but to say it was just taken is incorrect.

Darrell - agreed. My wording was bad.

I was referring to the embezzler who took almost 1 million from HQ a few years ago.

I simply meant if we aren't going to learn something from the $40,000 lost on this plant - it is AS IF we flushed the money down the toilet (much like we did when the Holy Hill Hustler took us for that 1 million)
4/10/19 2:18 pm

Post Darrell Garrett
I see your point completely. Just wanted to make clear that no one was accusing this family of embezzling. Thanks for clarifying your point. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/10/19 3:43 pm

Post After reading every entry in this thread roughridercog
I'm forced to ask.
Why not be transparent about the entire thing? Why try to hide it? Is transparency that terrifying? Are they afraid it will lower the amount of monies coming in for home missions.
In my opinion, I can respect someone making a mistake, owning it, and taking steps to see it will never happen again.
But hiding it like so much dirt under the carpet? That speaks of purposeful cover up. I find nothing worthy of respect in that at all.
Just my opinion.
4/12/19 7:10 am

Post Re: After reading every entry in this thread Darrell Garrett
roughridercog wrote:
I'm forced to ask.
Why not be transparent about the entire thing? Why try to hide it? Is transparency that terrifying? Are they afraid it will lower the amount of monies coming in for home missions.
In my opinion, I can respect someone making a mistake, owning it, and taking steps to see it will never happen again.
But hiding it like so much dirt under the carpet? That speaks of purposeful cover up. I find nothing worthy of respect in that at all.
Just my opinion.

Absolutely in agreement. When you try to hide it from view it breeds speculation of misappropriation of funds or something of that sort. Lay the cards on the table and admit, it did not work. Honesty will breed trust.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/12/19 9:37 am

Post Re: After reading every entry in this thread Cojak
Darrell Garrett wrote:

Absolutely in agreement. When you try to hide it from view it breeds speculation of misappropriation of funds or something of that sort. Lay the cards on the table and admit, it did not work. Honesty will breed trust.
Cool Idea Idea
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
4/12/19 10:34 am

Post Rick Whitter
Folks, there is no cover up. In the interest of the good of the church planter involved (he and his family have been through enough), I will say, no one has asked me (State Administrative Bishop) about this failed church plant. No one. The plant did not succeed. We have voluntarily communicated the turn of events with donors and with State leaders. Other than that, there is little to share. The church planter worked hard and tried but felt that the situation was not possible. And, by the way, the 40K figure is nonsense. The state invested about $5,000 in this project. Perhaps more money was contributed but not from our budget. Unfortunately, the plant did not succeed. There are no hard feelings and no one is to blame. The plan is to continue the efforts to plant new churches in Moline and across the State.

For those who are so concerned about the fate of this church plant, perhaps the Lord is calling you to invest in a new church. If so, contact me at rickwhitter@gmail.com or on my cell at 561 267-2967.

I do not frequent this site so please ask question to me directly.

Thanks, God bless!
Hey, DOC
4/12/19 10:56 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic