Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Got your taxes done yet?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Got your taxes done yet? roughridercog
Or are you waiting until midnight on April 15th? Laughing
4/13/19 7:24 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Did mine the first week of February. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/13/19 7:37 am

Post georgiapath
Mailed mine on Thursday, I usually do them earlier. Back in the days when we were broke, I did them as soon as we got our W-2s. Acts-dicted
4/13/19 1:11 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
georgiapath wrote:
Mailed mine on Thursday, I usually do them earlier. Back in the days when we were broke, I did them as soon as we got our W-2s.

I got busy and forgot to adjust my withholding after the tax reform bill. I also didn't do any side business last year (usually do at least a few thousand) so our refund was disgusting this year. I filed right away to get it, but it was a bummer to see how big a loan I inadvertently gave to the government.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/13/19 2:12 pm

Post Link
I did my 2018 US taxes, wrote up some letters for follow up on 2016 and 2017 Indonesian taxes. Now I am re-doing my 2016 US so that I can actually complete my 2017 taxes which I hadn't turned in because I hadn't owed and did not know how to do something complicated on. I will probably have to redo my 2018 return. Nothing material... same final result, but there is something I might not have gotten right from 2016.

And I need to do my 2018 Indonesian return and get a refund. But it is just awful. Awful since they made it where you have to do it online, and it's in Indonesian. And they ask you what kind of income you have according to categories of law and not according to what number you fill out on the form. It's especially terrible for expats.

Anyway, pray for me.
4/13/19 3:34 pm

Post Cojak
I sent mine in a week or so ago. This time I filed a long form, not usual for us. Last year I expected $40 back but received a letter saying I had made a mistake and owed them $85.

This year, if I blow it I will hire someone to do it. I used a CPA when in business, that was 25 years ago. Otherwise I always filled them out. I hope I got it right should get $115 back.

Talking big bucks for us retirees..... Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
4/13/19 10:11 pm

Post georgiapath
Cojak wrote:
I sent mine in a week or so ago. This time I filed a long form, not usual for us. Last year I expected $40 back but received a letter saying I had made a mistake and owed them $85.

This year, if I blow it I will hire someone to do it. I used a CPA when in business, that was 25 years ago. Otherwise I always filled them out. I hope I got it right should get $115 back.

Talking big bucks for us retirees..... Smile
I a;

I always Itemiize deductions but didn't this time, think I should have this time too. The standard deduction was much higher this year on federal but less on state. Next year I will check it both ways.
Acts-dicted
4/14/19 4:54 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic