Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Why would Trump lie about his father?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Dave Dorsey
I'm not sure what you mean by pointing out the 1940's -- the point is the FDR WH knew about his condition and concealed it from the American people. So a WH physical isn't especially compelling evidence to me, especially when I can turn on C-SPAN and see (IMO) obvious cognitive degeneracy in real time.

Trump was quick to brag about scoring 30 out of 30 on the Montreal Cognitive Assessment -- “There aren’t a lot of people that can do that,” Trump said days later, boasting of his 30-out-of-30 score to a Republican National Committee audience. -- an exam which asks patients to draw a clock, identify animals, and repeat a short list of words.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/5/19 10:50 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Dave Dorsey wrote:
The article discusses his yearly physicals.

FDR got yearly physicals as well.

Yeah - and the staff started running things for him to keep it a secret from the public.

Having Pence run the White House might not be too bad.
4/5/19 10:51 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Dave Dorsey wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by pointing out the 1940's -- the point is the FDR WH knew about his condition and concealed it from the American people. So a WH physical isn't especially compelling evidence to me, especially when I can turn on C-SPAN and see (IMO) obvious cognitive degeneracy in real time.

Trump was quick to brag about scoring 30 out of 30 on the Montreal Cognitive Assessment -- “There aren’t a lot of people that can do that,” Trump said days later, boasting of his 30-out-of-30 score to a Republican National Committee audience. -- an exam which asks patients to draw a clock, identify animals, and repeat a short list of words.

Seems stupid - but that is a real cognitive test.
4/5/19 10:52 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Seems stupid - but that is a real cognitive test.

The MCA is a very valuable cognitive test. One of the most fascinating (and saddening) things I've ever seen was a series of the clocks drawn by an Alzheimer's patient across a few years of tests.

What seems kinda stupid is a cognitively normal person bragging about scoring 30 out of 30 on it and suggesting there aren't a lot of people who could match that. Confused
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/5/19 10:55 am

Post Dave Dorsey
UncleJD wrote:
1940s. Your excuses are not necessary, you can vote democrat if you want to. There are plenty of good reasons.
1. No wall or border, invite all the diseases and poverty you want to try to break the economies of your oposition states (Texas and Arizona)
2. Medicare for all so you can pay triple the tax you do now and get no benefit from it
3. Tax religious institutions to pay for Transgender operations and abortions
4. Fund free abortions to all
5. re-enact draconian government oversight to prevent small business growth
6. Green Raw Deal - A hundred Trillion dollars
7. Turn in your guns and depend on the government (nobody) to enforce laws (after they've already told you they want illegals to overrun the place)
8. Legal marijuana everywhere and you have to hire potheads to work for you because its legal now.

This can go on and on, and ALL are so much better than having someone who shoots off his mouth constantly right?

Very good scare tactics. Flight 93 election, etc. But gridlock is the typical name of the game, regardless of who is in power, so most to all of these are non-issues in the grand scheme of things -- compared to the decades-long consequences of ceding power and territory to Russia (currently aggressively pushing into Africa), China, etc.

The leaders of the new Axis of Evil are taking advantage of Trump's hubris, ego, narcissism, and cognitive limitations as deliberately as they can. There are worse things in the world than Democrats (and worse things than their awful approach to foreign policy).
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/5/19 11:06 am

Post UncleJD
Dave Dorsey wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
1940s. Your excuses are not necessary, you can vote democrat if you want to. There are plenty of good reasons.
1. No wall or border, invite all the diseases and poverty you want to try to break the economies of your oposition states (Texas and Arizona)
2. Medicare for all so you can pay triple the tax you do now and get no benefit from it
7. Turn in your guns and depend on the government (nobody) to enforce laws (after they've already told you they want illegals to overrun the place)
8. Legal marijuana everywhere and you have to hire potheads to work for you because its legal now.

This can go on and on, and ALL are so much better than having someone who shoots off his mouth constantly right?

Very good scare tactics. Flight 93 election, etc. But gridlock is the typical name of the game, regardless of who is in power, so most to all of these are non-issues in the grand scheme of things -- compared to the decades-long consequences of ceding power and territory to Russia (currently aggressively pushing into Africa), China, etc.

The leaders of the new Axis of Evil are taking advantage of Trump's hubris, ego, narcissism, and cognitive limitations as deliberately as they can. There are worse things in the world than Democrats (and worse things than their awful approach to foreign policy).

If a dem wins, they will probably win the Senate, then they will quickly move to do many of those things. You're used to the Republicans pretending to be conservative. the Dems really are liberal and they will do everything they can as quickly as they can to reverse everything Trump did and then destroy as much as they can to prevent another "Trump" (i.e. anybody not democrat)

Forgot to add

packing the SCOTUS
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
4/5/19 12:25 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
UncleJD wrote:
Dave Dorsey wrote:
UncleJD wrote:

If a dem wins, they will probably win the Senate, then they will quickly move to do many of those things. You're used to the Republicans pretending to be conservative. the Dems really are liberal and they will do everything they can as quickly as they can to reverse everything Trump did and then destroy as much as they can to prevent another "Trump" (i.e. anybody not democrat)

Forgot to add

packing the SCOTUS

America as one country has, at the most, twenty years left. Trump was just a speed bump. I look forward to the divorce, personally. Those who still revere the Founders deserve to govern themselves. Let the rest rot. They deserve it.
4/5/19 12:34 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
If America falls - I don't think we will get to choose who we will serve in the future comrade.
4/5/19 12:43 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
UncleJD wrote:
You're used to the Republicans pretending to be conservative.

I sure am. And if we're ever going to get back to constitutional government, it seems to me the GOP will have to do a stint in the wilderness. Chaotic populism ain't doing it for me.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/5/19 1:13 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
I'd say the only thing holding me back is RBG's seat. Trump has been great on judges, which is to say, he's gotten completely out of the way. Nominated the people McConnell and the Federalist Society told him to, and didn't get involved in confirmations. A 6-3 conservative bloc on the Supreme Court would be something to behold.

I'm not concerned about court packing -- FDR couldn't make that happen at the apex of his popularity, and the Dems won't be able to either. As to the power swinging back, the Electoral College will ensure that option is always open, and regardless of what the Dem candidates say, it's never going anywhere because 38 states would have to concur and that's not in the cards.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/5/19 1:42 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
If America falls - I don't think we will get to choose who we will serve in the future comrade.

I think we will. The left is too incompetent to conquer us.
4/6/19 6:51 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
I'd say the only thing holding me back is RBG's seat. Trump has been great on judges, which is to say, he's gotten completely out of the way. Nominated the people McConnell and the Federalist Society told him to, and didn't get involved in confirmations. A 6-3 conservative bloc on the Supreme Court would be something to behold.

I'm not concerned about court packing -- FDR couldn't make that happen at the apex of his popularity, and the Dems won't be able to either. As to the power swinging back, the Electoral College will ensure that option is always open, and regardless of what the Dem candidates say, it's never going anywhere because 38 states would have to concur and that's not in the cards.

And this latest ploy that has 14 States now awarding their electoral votes to the national popular vote winner will not hold up in court. There is no such thing as an "electoral vote" in the first place. There are ELECTORS chosen by the people of each State. These are real people, and they form a "college" that elects the President. States cannot unilaterally award their "electoral votes" to whoever the legislature demand. And according to a 1974 SCOTUS ruling, States cannot dictate how members of the electoral college vote. They are an independent electing body.

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 4/10/19 6:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Acts-dicted
4/6/19 6:56 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Yeah, if the compact winds up changing the outcome of an election, that is going to be an absolute catastrophe. The outcome will be tied up in the courts and we will have no idea what is going on.

It's very unwise and short-sighted for these states to be attempting to escape the difficulty of a constitutional amendment in this fashion.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/6/19 7:53 am

Post krista
Dave Dorsey wrote:
RS, I get the feeling Trump could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and not lose you as a supporter. Wink

Laughing Laughing
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
4/10/19 11:57 am

Post UncleJD
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Yeah, if the compact winds up changing the outcome of an election, that is going to be an absolute catastrophe. The outcome will be tied up in the courts and we will have no idea what is going on.

It's very unwise and short-sighted for these states to be attempting to escape the difficulty of a constitutional amendment in this fashion.

I'm pretty sure its just a bunch of blue states doing this, net-zero for them. In fact the only election it would have changed recently would have been to add to the 2004 GWB landslide
4/10/19 12:52 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
UncleJD wrote:
I'm pretty sure its just a bunch of blue states doing this, net-zero for them. In fact the only election it would have changed recently would have been to add to the 2004 GWB landslide

Colorado and New Mexico are the only purplish states on board so far. Both are small, but could be relevant in a very close race. Other than that, yeah, just a bunch of rock-solid blue states.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/10/19 1:29 pm

Post UncleJD
Dave Dorsey wrote:
UncleJD wrote:

Colorado and New Mexico are the only purplish states on board so far. Both are small, but could be relevant in a very close race. Other than that, yeah, just a bunch of rock-solid blue states.

Yeah, those have become pretty blue recently, I don't think it would have changed 2016 at all. But like it or not Trump was right the other day when he said if it was a popular vote, guess where he would have spent his time instead of the midwest states that elected him? That's right, in the big cities and he would probably have swayed another 3 million votes his way. Anyways, you're right though, this is just asking for a court battle the likes of which would make the 2000 election look like a cake walk. And as for abolishing the EC, there's no chance of the very states that would lose their voice completely passing it in their legislatures for the 3/4 ratification.
4/10/19 2:59 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
I'm sure that literally hundreds of thousands or even millions of words have been written about Hillary and her decision to skip Wisconsin and other rust belt states, but honestly, it will never be enough. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/10/19 5:20 pm

Post Link
Maybe the details were fuzzy in his mind because he was so young. Smile
4/13/19 3:35 pm

Post Cojak
Resident Skeptic wrote:

America as one country has, at the most, twenty years left. Trump was just a speed bump. I look forward to the divorce, personally. Those who still revere the Founders deserve to govern themselves. Let the rest rot. They deserve it.

This is the greatest and best country I know. This is MY country, the USA. I heard cries and predictions that Mr. Obama would RUIN this country. He would declare Martial Law, He would be a dictator, ETC there was no end.

I said then and I will say it again, No one president can RUIN or destroy this country. was not an Obama supporter, the only thing he did I really liked was TRY to normalize relations with CUBA, a country 0 miles off our coast.

Now we have Trump and many say he is going to destroy this country he will not and cannot. It seems when an election is completed now, the world comes to an end, the sky is falling down, etc.

I would like for Trump to step down. I don't know of a real 'Communicator' in the passel who is, or wants to run. I do hope we see a real STATESMAN in the next few years, it would be a breath of fresh air.

I am a true believer in this country. Just because someone doesn't agree with me, I do not want them to ROT. In this country they have a right to their beliefs and opinions. according to the framers of our constitution.
Just my 2 cents worth... Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
4/13/19 8:55 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic