Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Christian University Professor Resigns After School's Chic-fil-A Ban.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Christian University Professor Resigns After School's Chic-fil-A Ban. doyle
It takes courage to stand up for one's beliefs; always has, always will. The school says they banned Chic-fil-A because they (the school) wanted to be "inclusive" of all viewpoints - all of course but those of Christians. God bless this courageous professor is my prayer.

https://www.dailycaller.com/2019/03/04/dean-resigns-chick-fil-a-ban/

Doyle
writedoyle@gmail.com
404-933-1373
3/5/19 10:32 am

Post UncleJD
I appreciate his stance, but now there are fewer Christian faculty than before, so in the end, they get what they wanted, no good food, and no Christian profs. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/5/19 11:27 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
She just quit being dean.

Took pay cut to become an ordinary professor again.
3/5/19 11:50 am

Post UncleJD
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
She just quit being dean.

Took pay cut to become an ordinary professor again.

thanks, I missed that. But the point is the same, even less Christian influence than before, just what the school wants. Not that I blame this person.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/5/19 12:18 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Christians will become more and more second class citizens unless they band together and start only using their own businesses and schools - then they might get the attention of other folks.

For me - I eat a lot more chik fil a chicken than I should - simply because I support them and like listening to Christian instrumental music while I eat.
3/5/19 2:30 pm

Post UncleJD
Christians will become more and more second class citizens unless they band together and start only using their own businesses and schools - then they might get the attention of other folks.

For me - I eat a lot more chik fil a chicken than I should - simply because I support them and like listening to Christian instrumental music while I eat.

Not to be overly cynical here, but which Christian Schools can we count on anymore? Many, if not most are at least courting the same worldview as this school.

Even so come quickly (Jesus take the wheel)
3/5/19 4:00 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
UncleJD wrote:

Not to be overly cynical here, but which Christian Schools can we count on anymore? Many, if not most are at least courting the same worldview as this school.

I think you are brushing with a pretty broad stroke here.

Show me the Christian school that has banned Chik Fil A and I will agree with you.
3/6/19 7:46 am

Post Eddie Robbins
This has nothing to do with a Christian school. Rider is not a Christian school. The fact is, the school has the same right to not allow Chick-fil-A as a Christian school has to not allow any business that is contrary to Christian beliefs. That’s what freedom is. We have the freedom not to attend there or donate to them. Acts-pert Poster
3/6/19 7:55 am

Post UncleJD
UncleJD wrote:

I think you are brushing with a pretty broad stroke here.

Show me the Christian school that has banned Chik Fil A and I will agree with you.

I'm talking about the general/overall liberalization of views on homosexuality, the same reason Rider is banning Chick-fil-a. And it is related Eddie because when Christian schools adopt the same views of the secular schools, then it should matter. For just one example, Grand Canyon University recently banned Ben Shapiro from speaking at their school because of his conservative views. This is on the rise, there is no denying it.
3/6/19 9:42 am

Post Eddie Robbins
I’m saying this story has nothing to do with Christian schools. It has to do with a Christian making a stand in a secular school. Acts-pert Poster
3/6/19 10:16 am

Post UncleJD
Eddie Robbins wrote:
I’m saying this story has nothing to do with Christian schools. It has to do with a Christian making a stand in a secular school.

Fair enough, its good to see Christian professors making a stand at any school these days.
3/6/19 10:21 am

Post what's with "Christian" universities anyway? UncleJD
https://www.lifenews.com/2019/03/08/christian-university-blocks-black-speaker-because-her-pro-life-views-are-radical-beliefs/?fbclid=IwAR1GFMp2q9SJOY7LYvC-iabAli0p5V5r7zeVQurc3Y60lKPscJvK1mznl4U Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/12/19 8:33 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
I will strike that one off the list of "Christian" universities.
3/12/19 9:10 am

Post (L) Link
Reminds me of this:
https://youtu.be/NsJHqstPuNo?t=15
3/29/19 1:34 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic