Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Not a New Chapter, It's a New Book
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Carolyn Smith
I'm really sorry to hear this has happened. I know it is heart-breaking on many levels. It sounds as though there is some history here with this church with the COG that precedes you.

As long as you are following after what God has spoken to you to do, you will be fine in the end. God has a way of leading us down twisting paths sometimes that confuse and upset us...but ALWAYS, He will be with us and show us the way if we are listening. If you are doing that, everything else will line up.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/30/19 6:56 pm

Post georgiapath
I wish you all the best. Acts-dicted
3/31/19 12:14 pm

Post Question AdamJ
Why is it necessary to push pastors out of the Denomination? This is happening repeatedly and seems no one cares. I’ve seen it happen completely based on lies and no one speaks up. How many ministers do we have to lose before anyone speaks up? Or does no one care as long as it is not them? Hey, DOC
4/1/19 7:41 am

Post Re: Question Darrell Garrett
AdamJ wrote:
Why is it necessary to push pastors out of the Denomination? This is happening repeatedly and seems no one cares. I’ve seen it happen completely based on lies and no one speaks up. How many ministers do we have to lose before anyone speaks up? Or does no one care as long as it is not them?

There's the $64,000 Question.
4/1/19 8:53 am

Post sheepdogandy
I know I sound like a broken record.

But, your system prevents substantive debate and any real expectation of change.

The unchecked power of Administrative Bishops (state overseers) has caused more damage than any scheme of the devil.

I understand the need for discipline, the ability to correct unsound doctrine, and remove offending preachers who have run off with the piano player and the church bank account.

However the cost of enduing men with absolute power at the state level is too high to pay.

Especially when the membership of a Congregation can achieve the same result.

Our by-laws state very clearly that I (the ol Sheepdog) can be removed from office by action of the Conference of Stewards.

The same by-laws provide me with the protection of due process.

Obedience to the command of Christ to love one another is the answer.

www.spwc.church
4/1/19 11:12 am

Post Travis Johnson
Darrell,

I’m praying for you. Love you, friend.
Acts-dicted
4/1/19 8:26 pm

Post Darrell Garrett
Thank you, Travis. Much appreciated. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/1/19 11:04 pm

Post Darrell Garrett
Funny how things unfold. Since turning in my credentials I've received messages and phone calls from members of the Council of 18, 4 former AB's and 2 currently sitting AB's, from pastors and evangelists in at least 15 states, and 2 messages from pastors outside of the USA, but from my own state, other than a relative and one evangelist, I've not heard a word and our AB has blocked me on Facebook. That speaks volumes to me. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/1/19 11:06 pm

Post Cojak
Causes wonder in members minds of the depth/understanding and vision for our church, God's people and the harvest. That harvest is what I thought would be.

I am glad fo many are thinking of you, we sure are. Whether some people Like it of not the men and women who comment here on Acts art not outcasts, but most dedicated to His Work.

From three of my friends I am told that their chain of command check in on Acts, most of them daily. I hope RW would checkin with his leadership and just ask around. I do not know the Overseer, if he was a friend I would ask but unfortunately I know few in Admin now.

My thoughts of any former COG pastor who is pastoring an independent work and shows an interest in returning is that we should have the heart of the prodical's father.

Anyway, We do love and appreciate you Brother and wish you God's Speed in His vineyard. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
4/2/19 3:00 pm

Post FLRon
Darrell Garrett wrote:
Funny how things unfold. Since turning in my credentials I've received messages and phone calls from members of the Council of 18, 4 former AB's and 2 currently sitting AB's, from pastors and evangelists in at least 15 states, and 2 messages from pastors outside of the USA, but from my own state, other than a relative and one evangelist, I've not heard a word and our AB has blocked me on Facebook. That speaks volumes to me.

That sounds about right(your AB taking the position he has in this). I'm happy for you having the opportunity to start a new chapter in your ministry,and that you have the freedom to follow the Lord as He directs,not man.
4/2/19 4:52 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Darrell Garrett wrote:
and our AB has blocked me on Facebook

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Though I'm grateful you have heard from so many others!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/2/19 5:29 pm

Post Cojak
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Darrell Garrett wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Though I'm grateful you have heard from so many others!
Thumb Up Thumb Up
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
4/2/19 7:54 pm

Post AdamJ
Darrell Garrett wrote:

This is Normal for people that want you out of their life. I bet you are just one of many. You know by now he has the power to do as he pleases. No one that wants to keep their credentials/church better mess with the AB.
Hey, DOC
4/2/19 9:53 pm

Post Tom Sterbens
Darrell,

Praying for you brother.
In the years of reading things you have written, here and other places, you always seem to find a place of grace and hope. I imagine you've lived and led in that same fashion. I pray you reap the fruit of those seeds you've sown and especially during this time of the year as we celebrate the newness and joy of The Resurrection. May everything else somehow be swept up into that anticipation of what lies ahead!

Blessings,

tom
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
4/3/19 6:51 am

Post Darrell Garrett
Thank you Tom. Much appreciated brother! Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/3/19 10:28 am

Post revuriah
Darrell, I’m sorry things went the way they have. I’m praying for you and all involved. I’m believing God for big things in Pekin.

And let’s connect on one of your trips down here. I’d love to connect face to face.

Revuriah's Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jeff-Richard/1226257444

Jeffrey David Richard's Myspace Music
www.myspace.com/547856946
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
4/3/19 5:09 pm

Post Re: Question georgiapath
AdamJ wrote:
Why is it necessary to push pastors out of the Denomination? This is happening repeatedly and seems no one cares. I’ve seen it happen completely based on lies and no one speaks up. How many ministers do we have to lose before anyone speaks up? Or does no one care as long as it is not them?

Nobody speaks up because they are afraid of what will happen to them, if they do. You have to go along, to get along. It's like the corporate world.
Acts-dicted
4/3/19 6:38 pm

Post cogcia
No one can speak up and not pay the price. The absolutely last thing you can afford to do is disagree with the AB. You will be given Just days to Surrender your credentials or threatened to be brought up on charges so he can take her credentials. If you are smart you find a way out before the hammer falls on you or your ministry. Wonder if anyone is wondering way so many are surrendering their credentials . I might be next if I can find a way out. Friendly Face
4/3/19 7:13 pm

Post Sheepdog...any General Overseer who says this... Aaron Scott
sheepdogandy wrote:
We begged the General Overseer in 1989 to look into what happened to us.

He replied "I do not interfere with the decisions of a State Overseer."

Hey, maybe Tim Hill is different.

Who knows? Rolling Eyes

Any General Overseer who says this has made himself UNNECESSARY. That is, if there is no appeal, then we don't need a higher court/office.

Further, it is not a good idea to think that ANYONE is infallible. Certainly, leaders want to support other leaders. I get that. But at what cost?
7/17/19 3:05 pm

Post sheepdogandy
We begged him.

Our situation could have been worked out.

The last thing any of us wanted to do was leave.

They gave us no choice.

www.spwc.church
7/17/19 5:33 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic