Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Cojak are you or does anybody know if he is okay?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Cojak are you or does anybody know if he is okay? Preacher777
Cojak, you are always such a blessing. Are you okay? Friendly Face
3/18/19 9:44 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Cojak doesn't post on Facebook a lot, but he said several weeks ago that their "wheel estate" (RV) was going to be in the shop for a while, and he wouldn't have internet. He & his wife have posted occasionally and she said they should be back in NC sometime in March. (Since he is such a regular here, I don't think he'd mind my sharing that.) So it looks like he should be back soon....
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/18/19 10:30 pm

Post Preacher777
Thanks so much Carolyn. I was concerned since he just seemed to disappear from here. Friendly Face
3/18/19 10:50 pm

Post UncleJD
One poster got pretty rough with him and I don't think he's posted since. Maybe just taking a break for a while. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/19/19 3:49 pm

Post Uncle JD...WHO? Aaron Scott
UncleJD wrote:
One poster got pretty rough with him and I don't think he's posted since. Maybe just taking a break for a while.

Anybody that messes with Cojak, by far the nicest guy who posts here, needs to have their head examined with a ball peen hammer.
3/19/19 4:36 pm

Post Re: Uncle JD...WHO? georgiapath
Aaron Scott wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
One poster got pretty rough with him and I don't think he's posted since. Maybe just taking a break for a while.

Anybody that messes with Cojak, by far the nicest guy who posts here, needs to have their head examined with a ball peen hammer.

I agree. He is such a nice guy, I asways read anything he posts.
Acts-dicted
3/19/19 6:56 pm

Post Re: Uncle JD...WHO? Dave Dorsey
Aaron Scott wrote:

It was a long-time poster who should know better. It almost makes me wonder if something really tough was going on in his life, because it all seemed very out of character for him. I have no idea though. He's since claimed he's left the forum.

Anyway, that was very early in February and Cojak was posting until late February, so hopefully it was unrelated.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/19/19 7:08 pm

Post Da Sheik
Cojak is on a “self-imposed” ban. I don’t think he would mind me sharing that. The details that prompted this are beyond my pay grade. But he’s alive and well. Looking forward to his soon return. Acts Enthusiast
3/19/19 7:19 pm

Post We appreciate you Cojak! Preacher777
I have no idea of who said or did whatever in this situation. What I do definitely know is that Cojak reminds me of the wise village elder who adapted to modern times sharing what he learned throughout life to help others. I am sure that I speak for many other people in requesting that you make a quick comeback when you are ready to participate again.

Please know that you are respected and appreciated by people all over the world due to Acts-celerate. I am now writing a hype statement because I am all over the place but don't frequent Southern RV hangouts so I know I wouldn't know you apart from this message board.
Friendly Face
3/20/19 6:59 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
I don't have any problem challenging most of the chumps(I'm thinking mostly of guys whose name begin with the letter Aaron) here on Acts.

But I can honestly say - I don't remember ever having any disagreement with Cojak.

He needs to hurry back.
3/20/19 7:42 am

Post UncleJD
Not to defend the poster who did it, I happened to agree with his position, but the way he went at it was very unseemly. I would pray that he would apologize, not for his position, but for his manners. I like BOTH of them, they are contributors here. Dave's right, it was very out of character. I hope they both come back Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/20/19 8:13 am

Post A Sea of Sharks Mat
Back when I joined acts-celerate, I knew as a COGOP minister I was "swimming" in a sea where sharks lived. However, it was such an interesting place, a place to learn and be informed, a place were from time to time you had to swim with the sharks or get eaten. I have sharpened by teeth here.

The problem is the "food-chain" has become shark dominant. Like the Salton Sea in CA, there is no source of water and acts-celerate is receding, with bigger and better places to go swimming (Facebook). The people who don't want to swim with the sharks have found safer waters, leaving the same-old sharks orbiting in an ever reducing pool.

Sharks eat, that's what they do. I hope that Cojak did not get eaten.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
3/20/19 3:02 pm

Post Re: A Sea of Sharks UncleJD
Mat wrote:
Back when I joined acts-celerate, I knew as a COGOP minister I was "swimming" in a sea where sharks lived. However, it was such an interesting place, a place to learn and be informed, a place were from time to time you had to swim with the sharks or get eaten. I have sharpened by teeth here.

The problem is the "food-chain" has become shark dominant. Like the Salton Sea in CA, there is no source of water and acts-celerate is receding, with bigger and better places to go swimming (Facebook). The people who don't want to swim with the sharks have found safer waters, leaving the same-old sharks orbiting in an ever reducing pool.

Mat

FB doesn't replace this, its very hard for people to say what the really feel on FB to people who actually know them, sometimes that can be shocking, but I think it has value. I don't think there are as many "sharks" as there used to be here, but the ratio may have swung in their favor LOL
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/20/19 10:45 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
I did my best to go shark hunting over the last year or so, which included coming to terms with the fact that I acted like a shark more often than I didn't.

I think this place is pretty friendly now, but maybe I'm still a little sharky and my perspective is skewed.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/21/19 7:49 am

Post georgiapath
I just ignore the people that I don't like their posts and move on and read the ones that I like. I don't sweat the small stuff. Laughing Laughing Acts-dicted
3/21/19 1:16 pm

Post Re: A Sea of Sharks Mat
UncleJD wrote:
Mat wrote:

Mat

FB doesn't replace this, its very hard for people to say what the really feel on FB to people who actually know them, sometimes that can be shocking, but I think it has value. I don't think there are as many "sharks" as there used to be here, but the ratio may have swung in their favor LOL

I think I have become both more "sharky" and "snarky" during my time here. I must admit, I'm sometimes post different from my true convictions. By the way, my name is not "Mat."

Or is it?

Mat Wink
Acts Enthusiast
3/21/19 4:51 pm

Post Re: Cojak are you or does anybody know if he is okay? Cojak
Preacher777 wrote:
Cojak, you are always such a blessing. Are you okay?

Thanks for asking. God is good, Life is great I have been working on an 'autobiography of the wife and I' for the family. It is the longest book I have ever written, and I made the mistake of using 'pictures' of TV programs and Movies to signify the years i.e. A picture from The Honey Mooners, when I started the year 1955. I must have busted copy writes so I had to go back and remove the pictures. LOL I didn't see a problem since it was just for the family. LOL Anyway it finally made the published list, my 12th book.
Anyway, I am also tied up with the city trying to get a permit to build my last house.
Acts is one of my favorite places. Love you guys you have taught me a lot.

I took the idea from my mama's last years. I waited to late to ask her about their lives before me. I had to laugh, just before she died I for conversation I asked, "Mama, what kind of horses did you and dad have for the buggies and farming?" She became silent and looked at me like I was crazy.
"Son, horses are no good for farming, they are for show and people up in the papers, your daddy had a matched pair of mules, Blue and Beck. They could work all day and still take us to Toccoa if we needed it."

So the book is to tell my kids and grands about our lives so when they get 70 they might wonder. LOL

Sorry to take up so much paper.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/21/19 5:00 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Folks here like your paper, Cojak. That was kind of the point. Wink I've been missing you too, but I haven't been here much lately.

Glad to hear all is well & you are back safely.
3/22/19 5:51 am

Post UncleJD
Cojak, what a great idea! I'm going to ask my parents to do something like that. My mom wrote down all of her favorite recipes in a book for her grandkids, she's also written some stories as well. We need to get them to put together a book. I love it! Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/22/19 8:55 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic