Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I spill this secret about buttermilk biscuits for the good of humanity....

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I spill this secret about buttermilk biscuits for the good of humanity.... Aaron Scott
You've heard of buttermilk biscuits, of course. (If not, you're probably a moron, a jerk, a pagan, a heathen, a cannibal, or, far worse, NBF). Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Here's a little kitchen magic....

You know how you get a tub or container (or whatever it is called) of sour cream, then dump ranch dressing powder in it, stir, and ranch dressing magically appears?

Now, take that tub (or tubs, as needed) of ranch dressing...AND USE IT IN THE PLACE OF BUTTERMILK WHEN MAKING BISCUITS! While it should be a 1:1 ratio with buttermilk, it might require more or less, or otherwise to the desired consistency of your biscuit dough.

Cook. Eat. Enjoy the applause of your friends for the "best biscuits ever," then write to me on a $50 bill of your experience.

NOTE: Depending on your preferences, these may not be BREAKFAST biscuits (i.e., might no go as well with gravy), but they are certainly dinner and supper biscuits.

Do it. Do it NOW. I could be dead tomorrow and I wouldn't want you broken hearted that you didn't get to thank me appropriately.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/12/19 10:55 am

Post Dave Dorsey
That's an excellent suggestion. I'll bet that's really tasty!

I would just note that this:

Quote:
You know how you get a tub or container (or whatever it is called) of sour cream, then dump ranch dressing powder in it, stir, and ranch dressing magically appears?

actually makes ranch dip magically appear. Ranch dressing appears when you mix the tub with mayo and milk and refrigerate it for about half an hour. Which reminds me, I need to make some more ranch dressing tonight!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/12/19 3:41 pm

Post Dave...I stand corrected. Aaron Scott
Dave Dorsey wrote:
That's an excellent suggestion. I'll bet that's really tasty!

I would just note that this:

Quote:

actually makes ranch dip magically appear. Ranch dressing appears when you mix the tub with mayo and milk and refrigerate it for about half an hour. Which reminds me, I need to make some more ranch dressing tonight!

Indeed, I was referring to DIP instead of DRESSING.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/12/19 7:23 pm

Post Re: I spill this secret about buttermilk biscuits for the good of humanity.... georgiapath
Aaron Scott wrote:
You've heard of buttermilk biscuits, of course. (If not, you're probably a moron, a jerk, a pagan, a heathen, a cannibal, or, far worse, NBF). Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Here's a little kitchen magic....

Now, take that tub (or tubs, as needed) of ranch dressing...AND USE IT IN THE PLACE OF BUTTERMILK WHEN MAKING BISCUITS! While it should be a 1:1 ratio with buttermilk, it might require more or less, or otherwise to the desired consistency of your biscuit dough.

Cook. Eat. Enjoy the applause of your friends for the "best biscuits ever," then write to me on a $50 bill of your experience.

NOTE: Depending on your preferences, these may not be BREAKFAST biscuits (i.e., might no go as well with gravy), but they are certainly dinner and supper biscuits.

Do it. Do it NOW. I could be dead tomorrow and I wouldn't want you broken hearted that you didn't get to thank me appropriately.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Acts-dicted
3/13/19 8:10 pm

Post Link
We took a big container or two of ranch powder we got at Sam's or Costco the last time we lived in Indonesia. My daughters went through it, especially the oldest one. They like to put the stuff all over their french fries. The ingredients included MSG, so no wonder it makes stuff taste so good.
3/29/19 2:54 pm

Post I don't know where they grow MSG, but I want to plant a garden of it... Aaron Scott
and then pretty much dump it on everything I eat. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/23/19 10:05 am

Post I don't know where they grow MSG, but I want to plant a garden of it... Aaron Scott
and then pretty much dump it on everything I eat. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
5/23/19 10:08 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic