Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Question about faith

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Question about faith Eddie Robbins
If you 100% believe in something, do doubts, does it still take faith? Do we really believe that Jesus is who He says He is or does it require some faith? And, if it requires faith, does that mean there is a small amount of doubt? Acts-pert Poster
3/5/19 7:24 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
There are two things that assure us of something being real: Faith and sight.

If you cant' see it - but yet are sure of it - it is faith. If you can see it with your own eyes - it is sight.
3/5/19 7:47 am

Post Dave Dorsey
Unless you've seen Jesus with your eyes, as NBF said, I'm not sure how your trust and belief in Him could be based in anything except faith.

"For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now. And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience."

Rom 8:22-25, ESV
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/5/19 9:49 am

Post Eddie Robbins
So, I can’t know that Jesus is who He says He is? Acts-pert Poster
3/5/19 6:07 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Hebrews 11:6
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/5/19 11:42 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Eddie Robbins wrote:
So, I can’t know that Jesus is who He says He is?

Do you?
3/6/19 7:44 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:

Do you?

That’s the question. I am 100% convinced that Jesus is who He says He is. But, if I know that for certain, I don’t need faith to do it. I know it.

Here’s an example. I have known you for many years here on Acts. But, it took some faith to believe that you are Nature Boy. But, when I met you at Lee, I knew you were Nature Boy. 😂 I no longer needed faith.
Acts-pert Poster
3/6/19 8:00 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:

Do you?

That’s the question. I am 100% convinced that Jesus is who He says He is. But, if I know that for certain, I don’t need faith to do it. I know it.

Here’s an example. I have known you for many years here on Acts. But, it took some faith to believe that you are Nature Boy. But, when I met you at Lee, I knew you were Nature Boy. 😂 I no longer needed faith.

Well - no one can argue with that.

I also believe 100% in Jesus as Savior. But yet - I have never seen him. I didn't require the proof of Thomas to believe. I haven't handled Jesus physically...that is actually what I call the definition of faith. SO my belief is based on faith.
3/6/19 8:33 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic