Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Two investigations found PASTOR "NOT GUILTY." A third says he "IS guilty."

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Two investigations found PASTOR "NOT GUILTY." A third says he "IS guilty." doyle
https://www.dailycaller.com/2019/02/28/megachurch-founder-sex-accuser-credible/

I do not know if he was guilty or not, but it seems to me that some powerful person wanted his name ruined. They may have held three different "investigations" instead of putting him on church trial. If he was found "Not Guilty," during a trial, bringing another trial case would have been really difficult; double jeopardy.

Doyle

Last edited by doyle on 3/3/19 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-celerate Owner
3/1/19 1:03 pm

Post Re: Two investigations found Willow Creek pastor "NOT guilty." A third says he "IS guilty." Mat
doyle wrote:
https://www.dailycaller.com/2019/02/28/megachurch-founder-sex-accuser-credible/

As stories similar to this continue to surface concerning the mega-church movement and leadership - either failure of the founders or second-generation leadership issues - I must ask, what have the benefits of these churches been to the Kingdom?

Perhaps even more troubling is the question of how much have these churches effected the culture of our nation? It seems just the opposite is true, the mega-churches have Christianize the current culture in the name of outreach and incursion. I don't see them leading the way on issues like abortion, premarital sex and homosexuality (to name a few). That would not be "seeker-sensitive".

Have we come to the end of local churches (perhaps small as they are) which exists for the unapologetic proclamation of the Word of God? Is it size, services and cultural reliance, with little focus on transformation and truth?

It makes me look forward to retirement.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
3/2/19 9:36 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic