Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

How about a positive post. What COG pastor has been a blessing to you?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post How about a positive post. What COG pastor has been a blessing to you? MrSippi
I know that we all have influencers and mentors in our life. There are those who influence as close relationships and those who influence from afar by the way that they lead or live their lives before us. I began to think today specifically about what living Church of God ministers have impacted my life significantly. I thought of several. Let me ask you the same. What living Church of God minister or ministers have personally impacted your life from close or afar?

My top 4 would be:

Pastor Hootie Maples
Pastor Kirk Walters
Bishop Joe Mirkovich
Bishop Chris Moody
Friendly Face
2/21/19 5:34 pm

Post John Jett
J.W. Hill
Wayne Blackshear
Carroll Smith
James Oakley
Othoe Stegal
Jerrel Tomlin
Buck Marshall
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
2/21/19 5:41 pm

Post FLRon
Unquestionably Bishop Donald P. Godbey was the greatest COG pastor I ever sat under and eventually worked alongside of.
2/21/19 5:56 pm

Post Brandon Bohannon
John Jett wrote:
J.W. Hill
Wayne Blackshear
Carroll Smith
James Oakley
Othoe Stegal
Jerrel Tomlin
Buck Marshall

That is a fantastic list!

Mine would include:

Steve Bohannon, Bob Bohannon and FM Small
New Jersey - Steve Allen and Mark Leonhardt
Georgia - Thomas Powell, Mark Davenport, Damien Wright, Jeannie Mayo
International - Rob Bailey, Mark Swank, Mark Williams, Tim Hill
Texas - too many to list them all but I really appreciate my current pastor, Carroll Smith and I absolutely love my friend Brady Hacker
I deeply admire for varying reasons Doug Anderson, Aubrey Robertson, Mark Crawford and Patrick Wooten
I have a special place in my heart for Jeremy Campbell, Alex Armstrong, Megan Sexton and Devin Taylor...they joined us to work hard in Brady, TX, a special place and a very special group of people.

Good post. So many great men and women.
Proverbs 3:5-6; John 13:34-35; Acts 1:8
Acts-celerater
2/22/19 12:36 am

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
Rev. Franklin Hunt - Eastern NC. Learned so much from him. Great man of faith. Friendly Face
2/22/19 9:21 am

Post Eddie Robbins
My Daddy. Acts-pert Poster
2/22/19 10:19 am

Post John Jett
Brandon Bohannon wrote:

That is a fantastic list!

Thanks Brandon, these are all men I've had the extreme good fortune to call my pastor, with the exception of Jerrel Tomlin who I considered my "youth-camp pastor", for many years.

You add some great names to that list, all of whom I love and consider great influence in so many lives in Texas. Your granddad was such a blessing to my grandmother, Jewel Hill, a very special man and giant in the legends of the COG in Texas.
2/22/19 11:23 am

Post p5harri
RJ McCullough
LF Baldwin
Paul Keeter
HB Turlington

All along time ago.
2/22/19 11:29 am

Post Da Sheik
Dr Paul Walker
Dr Mike Chapman
Acts Enthusiast
2/22/19 3:27 pm

Post SCFIRE
My Uncle, Eddie Munn has been a great inspiration to me. Even tho we were Independent he would come and preach for us and the HOLY GHOST would shake the house and people were saved and filled with the Holy Ghost & Fire. At 81 years old he had more fire than most of the preacher I knew. Another one is Dr. Peggy Scarborough which has been a Mother to me in the Lord and helped me in so many ways and encouraged me to do the impossible. These two ministers have made a mark on my life and I love them both very much. Also Dr Franklin Hunt has ministered many Revivals for us and they were powerful and we have been blessed to minister in his church as well. Let me say this too. Rev David Shrabble in Gwen Mich was the pastor there when I came back to God from an awful backslidden state and he helped me through restoration and push me into the Ministry. I got some great friends in the COG.
2/24/19 11:27 pm

Post Tom Sterbens
Relationally:
Jerry Lawson
Travis Johnson
Buck Marshal
Randy Morris (Indian Rocks, FL)
Phillip Morris (Sevierville, TN)
Dale Denham (not pastoring a church presently)
Mitch Corder
Jim Stephens
(the last two were/are overseers, but were/are very pastoral...)

I really miss Bill George and John Nichols.
Bill's wisdom and clarity/focus are irreplaceable.
John would/could inspire me to take on anything head-on! Smile
2/27/19 11:56 am

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
Loved the anointing in these 2 Preachers: Bro. Floyd Lawhon & Bro. T.L. Lowery. Friendly Face
2/27/19 12:58 pm

Post Tom Sterbens
THE LOVE OF GOD wrote:
Loved the anointing in these 2 Preachers: Bro. Floyd Lawhon & Bro. T.L. Lowery.

I have never met anyone who "believes" what they preach more than Floyd Lawhon...(and that is no reflection on T.L. Lowery in any fashion). Nor have I met anyone who pursues being a catalyst for the experienced presence of God more than Floyd Lawhon. His preaching ministry has been a powerful blessing to me!
3/2/19 8:13 am

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
Tom Sterbens wrote:
THE LOVE OF GOD wrote:
Loved the anointing in these 2 Preachers: Bro. Floyd Lawhon & Bro. T.L. Lowery.

I have never met anyone who "believes" what they preach more than Floyd Lawhon...(and that is no reflection on T.L. Lowery in any fashion). Nor have I met anyone who pursues being a catalyst for the experienced presence of God more than Floyd Lawhon. His preaching ministry has been a powerful blessing to me!

He is genuine. His eyes become glossy looking when he is in the anointing and being used by God. All he does, is pray and lay that precious Bible of his on the individual.. Very humble man.
Friendly Face
3/2/19 1:15 pm

Post what church of god pastor has been a blessing to you? rickfowler
Some of the COG pastor's who have been a blessing to me. Some are not pastoring currently but they have a been a blessing and I wanted to make sure they were noted:

Jack Reynolds (retired)
Tony Weaver
John Morgan
Tom Sterbens
Chuck Smith
Fred Garmon, not pastoring currently
Wayne Carter
Michael J Smith
Keith Whitt , not pastoring currently
Larry Timmerman
Floyd Lawhon
Jim Stephens
Mark Harrell (not COG but a great influence and friend)
Friendly Face
3/4/19 5:07 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
Some I have forgot but I did mention Bro. Lowery and Bro. Lawhon. Someone just posted Bro. Larry Timmerman and he is so sincere and precious also his wife. When he was Admin Bishop of Florida, he was evangelistic and we had campmeeting. Very powerful services. I remember Sis Timmerman had on a beautiful dress and the power of God was moving and I think she was out in the spirit on the floor more than on her feet. Love the Timmermans. There are others - as well as the McGuires. Friendly Face
3/4/19 8:51 pm

Post Paul Clawson and T.L.Lowery COGLayman
I have been fortunate to know a lot of great pastors. Two that had the greatest impact on me are Paul Clawson and T.L.Lowery. Paul Clawson was my pastor in his younger years. He was a wonderful, dedicated man who was willing to work very hard to see things move ahead. He made a lot of sacrifices. Although not as well know as some he made a great impact on a lot of people including me.

T.L.Lowery always had big plans. He inspired me to think big and have confidence God would bless things. What a great life he lived.

Growing up in the church I was impressed by so many of our pastors and evangelists. The thing I remember most is their dedication to the Lord and the church. They were willing to take whatever position they were needed in and work their heart out. Lots of great memories.
Friendly Face
3/19/19 9:29 pm

Post Cojak
Bro. Wayne CArter of Eustis Florida was my pastor for a couple years and remains a good friend. He is a great listener and confidant.

I have also been blessed to know Carl Hart. I met him in Missouri in 1960. His zeal then was apparent. I respect his dedication. After serving as state overseer and other admin positions, In his retirement he pastors a small church, he at times preaches to a very small crowd of less than 25, but preaches like it is camp meeting. These people love him and his wife. We attend there when we are passing thru.

A man I admire is Bro Danny Peterson. I have watched him in tough positions and admire his ability to stay positive and be a blessing to his people.

In my youth I would have named at least 30 NC pastors and evangelists that touched and blessed me, but most have passed over. The most memorable would have been Ray Collins, QJ Cox, NC Jones, Bill Sheeks and SA lankford.

I would be amiss if I didn't mention the ones here that I know are preachers and have touched my life just for a short time: Larry Wiley, Aaron and RR. The many of you that I seem to put in the category of ministers (don't get mad if you ain't) Have touched, blessed and encouraged me over the past few years. I cannot list you all, but I mean YOU!

I also want to thank Mrsippi for this post. He reminded me of wonderful men I met in Mississippi. Bill Waters, Fred Brannen and the most humble, God fearing Charlie Hugh Matthews who is on the other side shouting.

I was born into the COG in Jan 1939 To the best pastor family(IMHO) in the COG, BF and Grace Darnell.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/24/19 9:23 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic