Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Church of God Senior Pastoral Openings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Church of God Senior Pastoral Openings MI6
Post Senior Pastoral Openings Here

Please List Name of Church, City & State.

The purpose of this post is to break the "code of secrecy" with Pastoral Openings and allow every Pastor in the Church of God to know when a church is open. Bring this process out of the darkness and into the light.

Every Pastor should be allowed to move from one State to another and request consideration if a church is open in a State other than the one that he is in.

Last edited by MI6 on 3/17/19 9:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Friendly Face
2/18/19 12:15 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
DO you think we are all overseers on this board?

You know the real list is super secret.

C'mon Doc. Twisted Evil
2/18/19 12:27 pm

Post Okay, all overseers sing out with a loud HERE! roughridercog
Well...we're waiting... Laughing
2/18/19 2:24 pm

Post Link (L) Carolyn Smith
http://www.churchofgod.org/ministry-opportunities/index-new
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/18/19 9:57 pm

Post skinnybishop
LOL!

Senior pastor openings is USUALLY one of the most closely guarded secrets in this denomination.

I know of one church in our state that is "open"...But is in the process of selecting a pastor.
2/19/19 10:45 am

Post Re: Link (L) sheepdogandy
Carolyn Smith wrote:
http://www.churchofgod.org/ministry-opportunities/index-new

No senior pastor openings listed.

www.spwc.church
2/19/19 1:03 pm

Post How to make “ACTSCELERATE GREAT AGAIN !” ChoirMember
Allow and encourage church members and leaders of local congregations to post on ACTS when pastors are planning on leaving, nearing retirement, retiring, or resigning for whatever reason. In other words, let the world know when our churches are open or coming open soon, for the senior pastor position. Allow potential pastors to contact the local church direct with resume, willingness to interview, and receive direct feedback of what’s happening in the local body.

Of course, the administrative bishop has final authority, but wow, wouldn’t this stir things up and get a lot more opportunities for the local church to consider and pray about? It would also reduce political influence, increase local church engagement and foster transparency.

....And a lot mo people would be checking out Acts ever day ! Very Happy
2/20/19 7:24 pm

Post Re: How to make “ACTSCELERATE GREAT AGAIN !” diakoneo
ChoirMember wrote:
Allow and encourage church members and leaders of local congregations to post on ACTS when pastors are planning on leaving, nearing retirement, retiring, or resigning for whatever reason. In other words, let the world know when our churches are open or coming open soon, for the senior pastor position. Allow potential pastors to contact the local church direct with resume, willingness to interview, and receive direct feedback of what’s happening in the local body.

Of course, the administrative bishop has final authority, but wow, wouldn’t this stir things up and get a lot more opportunities for the local church to consider and pray about? It would also reduce political influence, increase local church engagement and foster transparency.

Nice idea, but it will be never happen!
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
2/20/19 9:37 pm

Post Re: How to make “ACTSCELERATE GREAT AGAIN !” Travis Johnson
diakoneo wrote:
ChoirMember wrote:

Nice idea, but it will be never happen!

Really, this is the kind of thing that really has to happen. Local churches should be respected and nurtured. And, qualified and competent leaders should be ale to rise based on giftings and fit.

I don’t know that this idea absolutely solves that. BUT, limiting process based on the best interests of places other than the local church is a formula for disaster.

We cannot go wrong when we want the best for the local church and do our best to facilitate a good fit and allow for it to happen without imposing potentially unhealthy pressures on the church.
Acts-dicted
2/20/19 10:51 pm

Post My personal opinion roughridercog
I think the church functions most healthy when they endeavor to raise their pastors from within rather than transfer men from one post to another.

What radical thinking. The church growing and discipline their own leaders rather Tha General or State HQ.
2/21/19 8:25 am

Post In the past .. Mat
In the past I have used job search sites to in an effort to fill positions such as Youth Pastor, Daycare Director and Administrative Assistance. The response was overwhelming and for the must part not helpful to downright disappointing.

There is much to be said for the "in house" route, or recruiting from ministries you are familiar with.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
2/21/19 11:54 am

Post By the time most of us hear about one... roughridercog
It's filled
Laughing
2/22/19 5:59 pm

Post Post Openings Here MI6
If the COG members of each State would post the Pastoral Openings that they know about the LIGHT would shine in the DARKNESS of the PROCESS and more ministers could apply for the open churches... and the members would be able to select from a larger and better pool of candidates. Friendly Face
2/25/19 7:38 pm

Post Re: Post Openings Here skinnybishop
MI6 wrote:
If the COG members of each State would post the Pastoral Openings that they know about the LIGHT would shine in the DARKNESS of the PROCESS and more ministers could apply for the open churches... and the members would be able to select from a larger and better pool of candidates.

I think you are a little confused about how things actually work.
2/25/19 10:14 pm

Post Not Confused at all MI6
I understand perfectly how the system works. I have been a victim of the system and that is why I would like to see real change brought to the system.

The System is used to promote friends and reward the Cleveland crowd and their click. In some states the largest churches are always filled by out-of-state men or a State Overseer that has to find a place to go.
Friendly Face
2/26/19 10:34 am

Post Re: Not Confused at all skinnybishop
MI6 wrote:
I understand perfectly how the system works. I have been a victim of the system and that is why I would like to see real change brought to the system.

The System is used to promote friends and reward the Cleveland crowd and their click. In some states the largest churches are always filled by out-of-state men or a State Overseer that has to find a place to go.

Hey I'm with you. I wish we had a more open system for filling vacancies too. I've said it many times, on this forum....

Post openings online, once official, on state website
List minimum and preferred qualifications
Accept applications/ resumes for 10 days
Let the Bishop select 3 candidates
Church express preference
Appoint
2/26/19 11:35 am

Post Re: Not Confused at all MrSippi
MI6 wrote:

We live in a time when no large church is going to be told who they can have for a pastor. They typically know who they want before a state overseer ever meets with them. Also, what does being "out of state" have to do with anything? I thought if one had Church of God credentials, he could pastor any congregation in the world. The only people that I have ever heard complain about or even use the term "out of state" are people from Alabama. It wouldn't surprise me if that is where you are from.
Friendly Face
2/26/19 12:00 pm

Post COG faces a systemic problem MI6
The problem with our system is systemic.
Our system is flawed due to nepotism and cronyism.

Allow each congregation to have as many pastoral candidates as they want as long as the health and mission of the congregation is not damaged.

Allow every opening to be made known in a very public forum.

Remove the politics from the pastoral appointment process.
Friendly Face
2/26/19 10:06 pm

Post sheepdogandy
Watch out!

That's Congregationalist thinking! Laughing

www.spwc.church
2/27/19 8:59 am

Post Re: COG faces a systemic problem MrSippi
MI6 wrote:
The problem with our system is systemic.
Our system is flawed due to nepotism and cronyism.

Allow each congregation to have as many pastoral candidates as they want as long as the health and mission of the congregation is not damaged.

Allow every opening to be made known in a very public forum.

Remove the politics from the pastoral appointment process.

You are exactly right. I have seen many times in states that are territorial when the state council and other good old boys feel like their friend should be given a church as a promotion (cronyism). However, that particular congregation has someone whom they want to be their pastor. As we saw in your home state a few years ago, that is what happened. The congregation prevailed, the overseer took the blows, and you came on here complaining about it.
Friendly Face
2/27/19 4:38 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic