Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

A Call for a Solemn Assembly

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post A Call for a Solemn Assembly Mark Ledbetter
THE WAY OF PROPHECY: When a major world-wide denomination was revealed to have covered up a multitude of accusations of sexual misconduct, it wasn’t a surprise to many, and even some with smug condemnation heaped coals of ridicule upon the church and its leadership, especially when it was reported there was great effort to cover up the crimes.

Now a major American denomination has been broadsided with similar, if not the same allegations [Released by several news agencies, including the so-called "conservative" Fox News].

If we are candid, we could imagine this is not isolated to two denominations, and the efforts to cover it up is just as wrong regardless of who the offender is or the denomination he or she serves.

Two of the seven churches addressed by Jesus in Revelations 2 & 3 were called out for their idolatry and sexual misconduct. The two go hand-in-hand. Jesus’ call was for them to repent or suffer dire consequences: To one, Pergamum (Revelation 2:12-17) Jesus said if they failed to repent, He would come to them “quickly” and He “would make war against them with the sword of [His] mouth.”

To the other, Thyatira, Jesus also called for them to repent but should the Church refuse to repent the church and all who joined in the immorality were to be thrown “into a bed…of great tribulations (2:18-29)

It is high time we heed the words of the Apostle Peter, who declared:

“For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?” (1 Peter 4:17)

These events revealed over the last seven months will only provide the enemy with a boldness because the Church as we know it is reeling. We cannot simply regain equilibrium. We must be like Daniel, Nehemiah and others, who although not guilty of the sins of Israel, they willing, willfully engaged in intercessory prayer on behalf of the wayward nations, taking on the sins of their people.

While I am not surprised by the recent announcement, I am saddened…and I am reminded of that which I posted last summer.

I was awaken with this passage on my mind: “…I am about to put a plumb line in the midst of My people Israel. I will spare them no longer.” (Amos 7:7). Now, as I posted then I reiterate. I know the passage addresses Israel, but in my spirit “My people” represented the Church.

This is not time to be smug, condemning, or complacent! It is time to call for a solemn assembly, a time for prayer and fasting, a time of brokenness, and as true intercessors, we must take the burden of the sins of the Church, and repent.

Dare I say, as more allegations are emerging against more politicians, celebrities, and corporate leaders, along with the revelations witnessed over the last 7 months, God is indeed shaking the earth and is revealing that which thought it was sheltered in darkness God is revealing openly.

Our Savior and Lord is indeed coming! Let us love, long, and live for His Return! Let us pray, “Come, Lord Jesus!” Let there be a revival of prayer and a revival of holiness!
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
2/10/19 8:58 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic